New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 6000 Progressive set up.  (Read 28193 times)

Offline Haywire Slots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Haywire Slot Machines of Houston
Bally 6000 Progressive set up.
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »
Hey everyone. Just got all this figured out & thought I would share the complete process for setting up a Cham2+ in a Bally 6000.                                                 Remove the battery from the progressive controller board & solder in a 2  aaa or aa battery holder (use rechargeable batteries only in holder), make sure to use enough wire so you can velco the holder to the outside of the controller housing.
Next you will need to program the Cham2.

1.Download the PSP program from the downloads section on this site, save it on your desktop for easy access.

2.You will need to make a MS-DOS startup disc (I posted instructions at the bottom of this page. Use a pc with Windows xp on it) load the psp program on your startup disc.

3.Make a custom cable  to attach your pc to the cham2, Here is a link for making the cable. PSP_RS232.pdf

Once you have your program & cable all set up we'll get started with the settings.

First you will want to flip the switch next to the 2 grey buttons on the progressive board, you will see "MENU = DISP on the display. Press the grey button furthest from the switch to scroll through the menu, use the button closer to the switch to change the settings. Once you are done with the DISP & ADDR settings, push the switch back to the original position & move on to the next step.

MENU = DISP
  JP Limit = NO
  # Displays = 1
  JP GRP 1 = SA or SAO
  MFILE = leave it at its current value.
  ODSPEED1 = 10
  FONT1 = ODMTR8W
  SIZE1 = 60

MENU = ADDR
  PROTO = CON2
  GRADR = 255
  IDADR = 64
  RTR ADDR = OFF
  MACH ADDR = 1

Cham2 settings while using the psp program are as follows:

Jackpot Programming:   
  Base = 250.00   
  Current jp = 769.25   note : You can set the Current jp to whatever # you want to display on your meter.
  Hidden jp = 000.00   
  Jp limit = 999.999.99 
  Increment 1 = 10.000.00   
  Increment 2 = 000.00

F3 = SNGL   
F4 = M08   F5 = 3sec   F6 = JPO  F7 = $$$   F8 = MS00

Once you have all of this set up on your psp program hit f1 to send them to your controller.

Next do a full clear & set everything up under 11d as listed below. (This setup is for coinless play on keypay)

My 11d settings are as follows: 

9 = 4   
  2 = 4   
  7 = 1   
  56 = 0   
  51 = 9999   
  58 = 1000   
  78lo = 1   
  73 = 0 
  61 = 1   
  81 = 0                                               

To create a MS-DOS startup disk, follow the steps below.
1.Place a blank diskette in the computer.
2.Open My Computer, right-click the A: drive and click Format.
3.In the Format window, check Create an MS-DOS startup disk.
4.Click Start
                                                                                                                                                                          Once the bootable diskette has been successfully created, follow steps below to boot from the diskette.
1.Insert the diskette while the computer is running, open "My Computer", drag psp program from desktop & drop onto 3 1/2 Floppy icon.
2.Restart the computer with the disc in to begin the boot process.
3.As the computer is booting, answer the questions prompted (if any).
4.Once at the A:\> type psp & hit enter, use arrow key to select "OLD" hit enter key, enter password 135642  hit F10 , hit Esc to enter main menu, hit F1 Default path & you are ready to do your settings.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:13:07 PM by Slam »

Offline Haywire Slots

• Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 6000 Progressive set up.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
battery holder pic

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
psp settings pic

Offline BiggerHammer

• Reputation Power: 23
  • BiggerHammer New User barely matters.BiggerHammer New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
Jeff,
At what point do you flip the switch back to the non-program possition?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »
When programing using the psp software you do not want the switch on the chami  in program mode.
That switch is used to program things like font size, communication address etc.
Use the psp programmer with the chami switch in the run mode.
One more hint the chami tends to not accept uploads unless you do them right after a reboot of the Chami.
Disconnect the power to the Chami and as soon as the boot sequence finishes hit the upload pf1 from the psp software on your computer.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline christophergolec

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • christophergolec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
I try program jackpot.I did everything like was posted. On my PSP window after pressing F1 getting message on the bottom "Default error, Check cotroller # 1". Is anyone can help me with this?

Offline Haywire Slots

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
I try program jackpot.I did everything like was posted. On my PSP window after pressing F1 getting message on the bottom "Default error, Check cotroller # 1". Is anyone can help me with this?
sounds like your cable from the controller to your pc is not wired correctly, do you have the jumper on the correct pins?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Christopher,
First thing  Welcome to NewLifeGames.com

OK I have a few questions.
1)Are you using the psp on your computer though a USB or serial port?
Personally I have not had good luck through usb.
1.1) When you hit PF1 some red leds should start to blink on the chami. If this is not happening I would suspect some type of communication error. You do have lead 1 and 5 connected on the psp connection cable correct?

2) Are you trying to use the PF1 from the first "Jackpot Display Configuration" screen on the PSP.
If you are try going into each menu (press 1 to get to the "jackpot programming menu"
make your settings on that screen and press PF1 from there. It is usually normal to get one or two lines that say some sort of error like you are getting. If it works the jackpot value you set should show on the display meter shortly after you press PF1.
If this works go to each menu 1 through 5 and send to chami. PF1 within each menu screen. If you are programing for a stand alone machine and you try to send from #6 "Multiple Controller Setup" you will get an error. (this is why you should send from each menu you will get better results).

3) The last thing the chami is a little bit of a pain in the ass it does not always like to accept programming from the PSP. for best results unplug the chami and let it reboot, as soon as it completes the boot process press PF1 to send. This is especially true if you are trying to program a message in the jpot.do. Message programming is the hardest to get the chami to accept. Sometimes the message won't display until you perform another reboot.

Post back here with your results

good luck
Rich   
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 07:44:54 AM »
The best way to get PSP to work without issues. For P/C try to get a Serial card and use the serial cable direct. IF you have an older laptop Use a PCMCIA to serial card. this also works very well. most importantly you must not go above Win XP. many folks are having issues with 7 and 8 is impossible.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline christophergolec

• Reputation Power: 0
  • christophergolec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »
Thanks for "welcome" and response !

I did jumper on pin1 and 5 on connection by the progressive board. I also used ohm meter to see if signal goes from one connector to another as it should and seems allright. I downloaded " Download for Windows ver 2.0" for mikohn. When I open program it shows in supreme window some files from progressive board. When I disconnect cable this window is empty. So I assume cable is ok and communicate with board. There is battery on the Mikohn board, maybe is bad!. I read PSP manual and find out that this error message could result in following problems, #1, "the computer is not connected to the controller", well it is, #2, "the controller is not powered up", well it is, #3, "there is physical(cable or connector) problem with serial communication".As I wrote earlier it shows some files in supreme window from progressive board so I assume cable and connectors are good. #4, "the program is using CON2.BAT and trying to communicate with CON1, or is using CON1.BAT and trying communicate with CON2, and here I am confused. I do not know what to do about it. Thanks for response.............Chris

Offline edoleu

• Reputation Power: 13
  • edoleu New User has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 04:25:39 PM »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:13:10 AM by edoleu »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
If you don't mind post  all as a pdf here and I will sticky it in the how to guides for all to benefit
Rich

Offline edoleu

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 05:30:14 PM »
It's apparently too large (2.9 MB) to post here. Any other options?

Ethan

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 07:01:05 PM »
Make the pictures smaller or split and post in two or three replies

Offline edoleu

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 10:21:38 PM »
I created it in Evernote, so I'll need to figure out the best way to format it to multiple PDFs.

Ethan

Offline edoleu

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 04:48:20 PM »
well, I rewrote it completely and saved it as a PDF and now it's 95 MB. I added a bunch of images. I don't think that there is a practical way to resize it.

Here's a Dropbox link: [removed]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:39:54 AM by edoleu »

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:47 PM »
Very Nice ! Thank You!

Offline Phan000

• Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »
Realize this is an old thread but-

Are there any variations in programming for scatter spin bonus versions like the red hot 7’s?

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2022, 09:18:22 PM »
What are you referring to about variations?

Offline Phan000

• Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
I though I read on an old page that you have to modify the progressive programing for some machines.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal