New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Replacement for DBV 145 for IGT  (Read 1971 times)

Offline h20dreams

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • h20dreams New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Replacement for DBV 145 for IGT
« on: January 10, 2020, 11:40:13 PM »
I have a IGT Red, White, and Blue. The Bill validator will only take $1 bills now. I am looking to upgrade, but I am not mechanical or technical. My understanding is that I need a power supply as well as the BV 200 for the IGT Red, White, and Blue Deluxe to replace the 145. Any suggestion on where to look to purchase? Heck,,, I would even buy an old $10 or $20 bill that would work in my DBV 145 and call it good if I could find one or two bills. Just tired of only being able to use $1's and quarters.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Offline Terps

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Replacement for DBV 145 for IGT
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
Jeff,

I do have for sale a new DBV 200 replacement head for IGT machines that accepts new 10's 20's and 50's.  Do you have a S+ or S2000 machine? If you don't know, post a pic of the outside of the machine and a pic of the BV currently in the machine.  Is the current BV powered by a separate power supply? PM me if you are interested.

Thanks
Fusco
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:42:59 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 08:52:05 PM »
DBV 145's were only in S+'s.
The best wet dreams can get is a DBV 200 for his S+.
He needs the other power supply too....not the black plastic one.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Terps

• Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »
Stayoutofthebunker,

Thanks for the info. Can you please be more specific with the power supply needed to have a DBV 200 head in a S+ machine? A pic would be great with specs. Do you also need a PS for the S2000’s? I really appreciate the education.

Thanks
Fusco

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »
Basically, the first S+'s used them DBV 145's which had the black plastic power supply that attached next the DBV.
It was a real cheap, poorly designed PS.

Later, the S+'s DBV 200's used that updated aluminum/silver metal PS with the slits in the body and attached it to the same spot next to the DBV ....I don't have one nearby to post a pic.
These PS's were much better and lasted longer with more juice.

The S2000's used the WBA's & UBA's and had the harness that connected to the machine's Netplex system which contained the voltages needed to run it.
Totally different beast.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....this is me going from memory....and I'm getting old haha

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 09:07:54 PM »
Perfect, thanks for the info! This should help Jeff with his options moving forward.

Thanks!
Fusco

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 07:28:07 AM »
Jeff,   there were two types of power supply for the DBV 145 and 200 series.  the older style 145 used a power supply that has a black case cover with no vent holes, the version for the 200 head used the same style power supply, a black case ONLY THE CASE HAD HOLES IN IT FOR VENTILATION. ( not holes but slits in the plastic) and it was rated at a higher current rating.

If you don't mind an occasional bill jam from time to time, then the new 200 head would be the way to go, one screw on the bottom and you have replaced the head (and the cables)   some people have even rejuvenated the belt using ??  to improve the stacking ability of the unit.

check and see which power supply you have, if you have the older style ( no slits) then you need to upgrade it. 

I have those power supplies if you need one, pm me.

BUNKER, the silver style power supplies were used on the WBA unit, two styles also, one solid silver casing, and another with tiny round holes. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 07:35:31 AM »
Thanks for straightening that out Jim!  :yes:
I was tired and it was late when I posted....that's my story and I'm sticking with it!  :Tongue_Out:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 07:56:20 AM »
Here's a pic of all 4 power supplies (silver ones are for WBA):

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal