New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DotMation DMD replacement - anybody here who can make a LogicAnalyzer recording  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
OK. Great! The ball is rolling!! Tim

Offline Lucky1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lucky1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Hi !

I did not get any notification from the forum, so I thought you are still waiting for the Logic Analyzer to arrive .

Please download and install v1.26 on your OS. It does not matter wether you use OSX or WIN32/64.

If you connected the Logicanalyzer through USB and have installed the driver the button on the upper right should change from
"Start Simulation" to "Start". If the channels are connected to the DMD connector you should get something like on the picture attached.

Use "Save Capture" from the options menu and send me the file.

With that I should be able to add the code necessary to read the data to the PIN2DMD XL firmware .

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:25:27 AM by Lucky1 »

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Did anyone make a capture so far ?

Offline Calfdemon

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Calfdemon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I replied to you on Pinside with a couple of additional questions.  But the simple answer right now is no.  I just have had zero time (and not sure if I will before June 14th).  I was out of town, just got back and have a crazy week ahead of me with a full schedule, just to head out of town again next weekend for another week.

I will try and squeeze in some time this week, but need those questions answered first so I can be sure of exactly what and how I need to do it.

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD

Here is a picture of the pinout of the DMD connector

I need a capture of this connector on the attached picture.

I need a capture with logic analyzer Channel 1-6 connected to 1,3,5,7,9,11 and GND connected to pin 2

This should be the connector in your machine

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Maybe Sunrise Side can take over again if you are too busy

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
I  will be at my shop tomorrow and get the connections made. I need to know what OS is best to do the analyzing with?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Fusco might jump in  here soon !!!

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
I  will be at my shop tomorrow and get the connections made. I need to know what OS is best to do the analyzing with?

OSX or Win64. Version 1.26

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
OK . Didn't make it yesterday. 
I'm hooked up and not showing any data. Please check my pictures and see what I am doing wrong.
The machine is playing normally.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
More pics

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
More pics

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Better pic

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Well it works better when you click on the START tab.   Have an error though

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
There is update for this. Would that help?   Or do I need a newer analyzer? Or ?

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Looks good so far. Just press keep and send me the data you have recorded. Click on option -> save capture to save the data. Maybe you can upload it to dropbox or google drive. If you dont have the possibilty to upload the data you can try to send it to luckyjamann (at) gmail (dot) com
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 10:49:22 PM by Lucky1 »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
An update. I captured the data and sent it to Lucky1.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Update. The data capture I did was no good.  Going to try again. 

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
I tried to buy a dotmation controller from ebay to do some testing with real data but unfortunately the seller refused to ship to europe :-(
I hope Sunrise Side is successful in getting some better recordings.

Offline Lucky1

• NLG
    • PIN2DMD
Good news is I just received a new recording from Sunrise Side.
Bad news is that the controller seems to introduce a glitch into the data structure,
which I currently dont know how to handle. It seems that the controller randomly adds
a bit to the 192bits sent out per row. A plasma display handles only single rows and therefore
this is not visible. My software reads all rows in one go and that would lead to a alignment problem
of some rows.

I think we have to wait until I get a controller board and maybe I can fiddle something out to make it work

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal