New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Extra Extra Luck BB1 will not boot up  (Read 1509 times)

Offline DJC

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DJC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS Extra Extra Luck BB1 will not boot up
« on: September 17, 2021, 03:22:30 AM »
Hello everyone   
     My BB1 has sat for a few years worked fine.  Changed two batteries, did a successful clear, set up the machine and it is showing Closure m in the lower right corner (door is closed).  The machine will not boot up from this point on.  It did once, played a dollars worth opened the door and then got a tilt error.  Cleared it again and have had no luck since getting it to boot up.  Any Ideas??  Lost and confused  thanks Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS Extra Extra Luck BB1 will not boot up
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 06:58:24 AM »
Your changed batteries, cleared.  It ran for a few spins, you opened the door (why?), then you got a tilt.  You cleared again and now you are stuck on a screen with closure m?  Anything else on the screen?  what happens if you open the door and push the white button?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 10:39:06 AM »
I will let you know shortly, thx

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 10:53:17 AM »
i pushed the diagnostic and they popped up then just as fast went back to (Call attendant) configuration. and bottom right is Closure MB. sorry i thought i saw d need stronger glasses. thx Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 02:10:27 PM »
if you are keeping the main door open and you are getting closure m (means door is closed), you may have an issue with the door switch.  turn the jackpot reset key and see if you see any messages there.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 01:23:57 PM »
The machine has been cleared each time and has a different closer code each time.  i open the door to do the diagnostic and then close it and one of the door codes appears  closer m, closer md, closer d. i will check it all out again. thanks Dave.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
Don't latch the door closed, just close it enough so you can see the screen, if you latch it close, the setup menu goes away and you won't see the messages.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 03:09:07 AM »

Thanks i have gone thru the clear process again and put in the OS Card.  Once it get to the call attendant floating i then push the diagnostic
 button held the door open and go thru the setup sets and after that is done i then close the door and the codes are on the bottom right of the screen.  i have gone thru the process at least 10 times with the codes changing
 but they are all closure codes
  thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 09:10:40 AM »
If you open the door after you have finished setup and push the setup button, are there any messages on the right side of the screen?  If you are getting a call attendant message, it is usually because there is a tilt somewhere and opening the door and pushing the button will display the messages on the right hand side of the screen towards the top.  If you are getting nothing, the game might not have finished loading after setup.  Do you get a loading game progress bar after you complete setup?

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »
No, no progress bar.   this fun game is begging to be not so fun.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:10:00 AM »
I  have a Mech  Reels Command Timeout  In th4e upper right corner of the screen after turning thee reset key. I cant find anything on this or i am looking in the wrong place. greatful for all help. Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 12:08:54 PM »
Are your reels spinning slowly making a ticking noise as they move?  If they are not, there's no power to the reels.  If they are slowly moving, then check the spn cable (that's the cable that looks like an ethernet cable).  On stepper machines like yours, there's a cable that comes out of the backplane into the a "hub" that is under the reel shelf.  You will see several cables plugged into there, make sure all the cables are all the way.  I typically unplug and plug all of them to make sure of that.  Then do the same for all the other entry points that you see.  The SPN bus controls the reels and the LED segments and lights that are on the door behind the glass.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 06:38:38 AM »
Rick

The reels are spinning slowly. I have unpluged and repluged all cables.  Top tower light has slow blink.  After i turn rest key it shows Mech reels command timeout.  last night i let the game run and it game disabled. thaqnks for the help dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 07:47:19 AM »
If the reels are spinning slowly, you have power to reels, then the only other issue is the spn cable from the backplane to the reel shelf is probably at fault.  Trace the cable from the backplane to the spn hub that is under the reel shelf.  Make sure they are all connected.  A mech reels command timeout is usually triggered by a fault in the spn network.  The spn cables run from the shelf to the door  (it also controls all the leds that are on the player display), make sure those connections are good as well.

Offline DJC

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 01:01:50 PM »
I will check all that out. thank you..  The led's are not lit up.  i cant remember if they were

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal