New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Williams 400 Issues. First Slot Machine  (Read 1503 times)

Offline viane

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • viane New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Williams 400 Issues. First Slot Machine
« on: October 25, 2021, 04:24:22 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to slot machines and just obtained a Williams 40S5 machine. When I brought the machine home everything appeared to work just fine other than the coin hopper knife was bent and caused an HPrE error. Fixed the knife and the hopper wants to dispense a ton of coins, I am assuming the last payout. My issue now is the tilt light is lit up and have no idea how to clear it. The reels appear they want to spin but don't. I have both the barrel key and the reset key. The LCD screens or whatever the credit, bet, coins readout no longer show any characters now that the tilt light is one. I've checked all the connections and everything seems tight and clean.

How do I clear a tilt error? And hopefully this will cause my readouts to come back on?

Also, on the main boards the 5 lights are lit up on the top board, no lights are lit up on the bottom board.

Thanks!

Offline viane

• NLG
Re: Williams 400 Issues. First Slot Machine
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »
One thing to note as well. Once the coin credit lights went off, the coin hopper contantly runs and will not shut off. I have also checked the cherry switch with my multimeter. Everything appears to be working normally.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 07:42:39 PM »
Welcome. I am going to assume the machine is new to you and this is the 1st time you have turned it on.  Also will assume you do not know if it worked at the time you obtained the machine.

The bent hopper knife may work for you, but normally once one is bent, is won't work properly after that.  Let's assume the hopper is working as you say and wants to continuously dispense coins. The knife got bent some how, so not so good. There is a coin out sensor near where the knife is mounted. If that is not working, the hopper should try to dispense a few coins then go into an empty hopper error. Yours is not doing that. Could be a few things to cause that, but - you also have no displayed digits on the 7 segment displays, not good. The tilt light is on,  no good. The reels want to spin but don't. 

The main board has the 5 leds on, on the right side of the board. I assume the red led on the left side is not on. That would be good. The 5 leds on tells you the power supply voltages are at least good enough to light the leds. 

Because you have many unrelated errors - you most likely have either - the main boards in the card cage are not inserted all the way into the motherboard they plug into in the back. Check the connectors on those 2 boards to be sure none of the pins are bent or broken. Try to reseat them, push them in 'firmly' to be sure they are seated all the way in. Be Sure to check the pins in the connectors real good 1st, you don't want to do any more damage if they are bent already.

If that does not change the errors or help. You may have power supply problems. The leds are lit but the power supply voltages may still be bad. The power supplies are old, the aluminum electrolytic capacitors are most likely bad. You can check this link I posted on power supply repair to see if you want to try to replace the capacitors yourself. Look for the ones that look like your lower power supply, it will be inside the big box on the bottom left side. You will need to remove that box and open it up to get to the power supply and power distribution board, caps on that board too. See if you have an upper power supply in the top box of the machine.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31351.0

You can get replacement supplies from the vendors on the home page, or I can repair your supplies if you like, or send you the capacitors you need if you want to repair yourself.

Recheck all the connections again, these machines to not move well and are prone to having problems with connections when they are moved from one place to another.

Post an update and myself and other members will be glad to suggest more things to help get your new machine running again.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline viane

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:44:24 PM »
Thank you for the information! One thing to note is that everything worked (besides the coin hopper giving me the error) when I got it home. Took the hopper out, bent the knife back and put it all back together and now I am getting these errors. Just odd that removing the hopper and putting it back in caused the issues.

I have removed the 2 boards and put them back firmly. I will try again just to be certain. You are more than likely correct though that I have a capacitor that popped or something like that. Thank you!

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 02:56:36 PM »
Most likely the power supply is bad.  Too many unrelated errors. Maybe connections as you moved it. Very common on these machines.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline playklax01

• Reputation Power: 6
  • playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »
After moving the machine, a stray quarter or token making connections behind the backplane or resting on something it shouldn't can cause these strange issues as well.

Offline playklax01

• Reputation Power: 6
  • playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »
Can you post a list of events of what happens when you turn the machine on?  When does the Tilt light up?  Do you get the single 'bong' sound or something else?  Do the reels reset?  Is this a Dotmation machine or a regular one?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal