New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Requesting assistance in reviving newly acquired MAV500 slot machine  (Read 831 times)

Offline winzlo

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • winzlo New User has no influence.
I just purchased an Aristocrat MAV500 MK6 ver 1 "Pompeii" 25-line 13 button touch screen LCD with bill acceptor and ticket printer.  I've gone into the audit menus and seen that things are not set up the way I would like (VERY tight odds, set to $0.01 per credit, etc.)  Also, the top section of the top light continues to slow flash despite the printer having sufficient paper and the bill acceptor taking bills (except for the modern bills that have the large numbers on the back corner).

I'd really like to turn this into a TITO system for my game room, which currently only consists of this slot machine and several barely-working Pachislo slot machines).  I'd like to set the denomination to $0.10, and increase the odds from what looks like 87% up to something a little more "fun", like 93%.  There is no progressive, no gamble button and this particular machine has  the rounded topper.

From doing research, it looks like I either need U2/U3 set/clear chips, or to disconnect the battery/batteries from the main board for 10 minutes.  My biggest fear is that I will not have enough information to set things up properly, and need to repeat this process several times.

In the event that it matters, I'm adept at chip installations and replacements from the old Apple II days, and I do have some basic soldering skills, but I'm really hoping someone smarter than myself can help walk me through this so I can get the most out of this machine, and hopefully be able to maintain it long enough for my children to enjoy such a classic slot machine when they grow up.

Many thanks for anyone who can point me in the right direction, provide step-by-step processes and/or media that may have already helped someone else in my situation.

More pictures available upon request.

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Requesting assistance in reviving newly acquired MAV500 slot machine
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:30:00 PM »
Any screenshots showing settings etc.?

Unfortunately, yes, you will need setchips to change the RTP. FWIW, it goes all the way up to 97% (var 4). :)

Offline winzlo

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • winzlo New User has no influence.
Re: Requesting assistance in reviving newly acquired MAV500 slot machine
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »
I've seen clear/set chips for MK6 machines on eBay, but based on other forum posts about this subject, I am concerned about versioning and whether or not I need a specific version of these chips in order to properly clear/set my machine.  Based on the chips in the images I've already posted, is there anything specific I should be asking sellers before I start spending money on chips that may not function correctly for this machine?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal