New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wild One Poker - Aristocrat mk2.5?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Patfish2000

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Patfish2000 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Wild One Poker - Aristocrat mk2.5?
« on: February 12, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »
Hi

First time posting on here but I have read through dozens of topics over the past few years. About 10 years ago I purchased an Aristocrat Wild One machine, not knowing anything I managed to figure a few things out thanks to you guys and got it working.

After being in storage for a few years I fired it up and it had a "coin-in optic error" which I fixed, I then decided that as the button lights were the only thing that had never worked I was going to get them going and the machine would finally be in  its former glory.... However while doing some tinkering inside I left the door open with the machine on - my nephew then managed to pull out a loom which was followed with some sparks......

I have attached some photos of the machine and added some numbers to a couple to go along with my description of the issue. Basically there were some sparks, I turned the machine off almost immediately, checked the fuses - the fuse in the power supply box was blown. I replaced the fuse and turned the machine on, the fuse blew again but the screen turns on (only the screen appears to be getting power)

1. Image showing where the loom was pulled from

2. Fuse that is blowing located here

I know it could be many things or it have toasted the machine but I have grown really fond of this frustrating thing so would love to fix it again - I have no idea where to start or what I have done,

Cheers - Pat

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Wild One Poker - Aristocrat mk2.5?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 08:17:55 AM »
You are in for some troubleshooting work. If you do not have much of an understanding of electronics, meters and how to systematically troubleshoot, it will take a lot of time for anyone to help here in the forum through posts, even remotely on the phone.

I would like to help but am absolutely swamped at this time and the near future.  I can give you advice if you like on what to do.

1st and foremost document everything you have tried so far, good and bad.

Forget about what caused the problem.

You need to start from scratch. 

This seems like a very daunting thing to repair and I'm not going to tell you it will be easy, but it is not impossible.  Everything can be repaired given enough time and resources.

If you can wait a few months, I would be willing to help you.

If you are in a 'hurry'  many members here can help and give advice.

I don't have a machine like yours and have not worked on one. I have no knowledge of what is in your machine, but have many years of troubleshooting and repairing electronics. My advice on how to start to troubleshoot from scratch:

The picture #1 pointing to ?? I will assume is the power supply which contains the blown fuse. If this is not correct then everything that follows may be moot. If so let us know.

You have a short in the machine that is blowing the power supply fuse. That can be almost anything as you have most likely determined. 

You must systematically determine what 'item' is bad causing the short.

You will need to start unplugging 'items' to try to isolate the problem area/item. Take pictures, then take more pictures. Label things before you unplug or disconnect anything so you can put it back correctly.  The worst thing you can do is cause more damage. Rule number 1- do no damage.
Do not be concerned about doing this (damage) and looking bad, it happens to all of us, even me. Try your best to keep it to the absolute minimum, because you will have to fix everything you damage once you get power back on.  It can be done.

If you can determine the item/area that is causing the problem, you troubleshoot that and hopefully get power back on and see what else may have been damaged and go from there. Time and resources...

Up to you how you would like to proceed.

Feel free to PM me if you like, we can talk a bit, so you can get a better feel about what I have posted. I really do not have time to do a deep dive at this time but would be willing to help in the future.

EDIT:  I see are located in New Zealand. Not optimal for you, and most people on the forum. My offer for help still stands. I am helping someone remotely in France using Google translate, it can be done. I have helped members on the East coast and Alaska and even shipped a gutted machine to Hawaii,  ( I will ship that glass soon, someday  :yes:)
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Patfish2000

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 03:22:17 AM »
Hi Trisail. Appreciate the quick response. No rush, I have time and some knowledge of electronics. When you say 'items' do you mean things such as the hopper/coin in-optic unit/PCBs and then testing them? I could probably figure out how to do that with a multimeter I picked up today. Or do you mean remove individual 'items' (while documenting as I go) and systematically turning the machine on until it works, i.e trial and error with the hope nothing worse happens as you've outlined? Your assumption is correct re. the power supply

I would absolutely like your help when you have a chance. Luckily we speak far better English than the French, no translator required

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 06:12:58 AM »
The 'items' was mostly for connectors - free hanging, board to connector, cables and harnesses. Sounds like you will be able to disconnect things and determine the cause of the problem.

Because of how the problem started with the door harness being pulled with power on, I would start by disconnecting that harness 1st. Get a bunch of fuses and you should be good. You can remove the hopper and leave it out, it is probably not the cause. If the door harness turns out to be the problem - check were the other end plugs in to and look to see if you can see any damage. It most likely plugs into a motherboard that distributes cables and signals through out the machine. Try to determine if the short is in the door or back on the motherboard/inside the machine. Depending what you find - disconnect the most logical connections 1 at a time and check for proper operation ( no fuse blow ) or disconnect many connections and re plug in 1 at a time. This would be where it could get very confusing as you will need to know where everything plugs back in. This method would reduce the number pf fuses needed. IE - in a basic nutshell - unplug everything suspect, power up and see if fuse blows (it should not) if it does the power supply itself would be suspect. (most logical part to be bad at this point). If the fuse does not blow with just the power supply connected with no load - then plug in one thing at a time and go from there.

More to come later.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Patfish2000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 09:22:57 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response, I have been studying for registration! I think I have isolated the problem, I will post some photos and a detailed reply this weekend

Offline Patfish2000

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 02:21:34 AM »
After a long while slowly sourcing spare parts I now have an (almost) working machine, I think I now have the ram clear issue but I will look into it tomorrow and post an update. Thanks again for your help

Offline Patfish2000

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 12:42:07 AM »
Hi again,

So I had the machine working for the first time(light tower going, pushbutton lights working etc) but I had the infamous 'metering error', I wanted to swap out the button panel as it was badly corroded before I did a battery swap and reset on the board. I changed the battery and did the steps that are posted on the forum for resetting the board - once I put the board back in  and turn it on there was a pop which sounded like a fuse (in the screen area) Now the screen doesn't turn on.
 When I power the machine up now the lights turn on, the pushbuttons and light tower flash on briefly then switch off while the magnetic flap in the coin chute clicks as it usually does, however no sound and no screen. Any ideas? I have looked over the screen module but can't see anything that looks blown or burnt, i may have to teach myself how to find broken components with a multimeter and test them all? I don't suppose anyone has a manual for one of these

Offline Patfish2000

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 12:48:15 AM »
I also have a not working spare machine which I recently got so I have some spare parts, however the one thing that isn't working on the other machine is.... the screen module part. So I am sort of confident that if I can isolate the part(s) I can replace them or source new ones, I am just hoping one of you wizards will help narrow down the issue

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal