New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NLG on iPad....please school me!  (Read 8165 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
NLG on iPad....please school me!
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »
 :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: Currently, when viewing the new site on an iPad, the page has to be resized EVERY time a new page loads...it is too small to read comfortably if left unsized each time.

WHAT can I do to fix this? This was not an issue on old site. Please help, as this is REALLY not giving me "warm and fuzzy" feelings for the new site, and I know I am not alone on this one... :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4:

Roz
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: NLG on iPad....please school me!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »
It's the same on the iPhone.
The page is only 3/4 size.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline frosty170

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • frosty170 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »
Might as well chime in...its the same on the Galaxy Note 10.1. You can resize it, but when you go to another page it's small again.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
Whew! Thought it was just me! I had this problem when I created our website, but that was because I manually entered the Max page size for the site, and when I removed the sizing, it displayed "normally" after that.

Joey only knows about 10000x more than me about website layout and design, so I'm sure he'll be able to tell us what to do to fix this!  :yes:

Offline frosty170

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:17 PM »
You could make it your next trivia question and get a quick answer...lol

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »
When I visit the site using Google Chrome, while signed in, there's a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom and a ton of white space to the right side of the forum.  I'm pretty sure it's all of the navigation links at the very top of the page screwing with the page width.  The navigation links wrap correctly (and the whole thing fits nicely on the screen), but it's as if the browser thinks the page is a lot wider than it needs to be.  I suspect it's the same issue you folks are running into, but your screens are displaying all of the white space on every page, since your browsers default to a "page overview" mode.

It's fine in Firefox and I know Joey has the site optimized for Firefox, but it'd be nice if the glitch that's causing this to happen in other browsers could be squashed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline frosty170

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 07:27:32 PM »
loaded firefox on my galaxy note 10.1 and it took care of the issue.  Thank you

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
I'm all good with re-coding parts of the site for Google Chrome... 

The question is what part of the code is Google Chrome not liking ??  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Screen shots Please....   :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4:
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »
This is what the iPad and iPhone looks like
when you open NLG.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Joeylc

• Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
Wow I have no idea what is putting the blue bar on the right ....   Any one ?? ??

can you load up firefox and see if is works ??
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
Firefox is not available for iPads and iPhones.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:51 PM »
HATING life with the New NLG Site/IPad situation....but then again, if that's all I got to bitch about, I guess LIFE is GOOD!  :rotfl:

Offline Joeylc

• KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
Thanks Joey....unfortunately, those are far from "the NLG experience", with nothing but text. It looks like resizing pages after each click is my new way of life. Wouldn't be so bad if the old site had been the same way. I'm only bitching since it only happens with the new site. Oh well...thanks for looking into it.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree with Roz.  The experience of manually resizing with every page is not a good experience. 

Joey, I agree with Kevin's thought.  If you were to load up a fresh vanilla installation of the software without any modifications made onto a test server, and browse to it with an iPad/iPhone, is the experience the same?

If so, I guess that's the way it is.  If not, perhaps there's a mod in the code causing the issue.
Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 12:20:18 AM »
I'm all good with re-coding parts of the site for Google Chrome... 

The question is what part of the code is Google Chrome not liking ??  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Screen shots Please....   :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4:

Here you go, sir.  The first screenshot is with me logged out.  The second one is with me logged in.  On the second one, notice the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen -- if I scroll it to the right, there's that large blue space just like in the iPad screenshots posted earlier.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the navigation links at the very top of the page (Home, Forum, Help, ******, Access levels, Arcade, Search, *****, *******, Profile, My Messages, Calendar, etc...) are somehow causing the browser to think that the page is wider than it is, even though they do wrap properly (as seen in the third image).  When I'm not logged in, there aren't as many items in that navigation, and it doesn't come close to taking up the width of the window, let alone the need to wrap to a new line.  Perhaps even though the links wrap properly, there's something telling the browser that the window is "x" pixels wide based on all of the items in that navigation.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »
An update, I now have a new monitor with a different resolution that permits the entire top navigation to fit within the window, and I still have the scroll bar with the giant blue space on the right when using Chrome.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal