New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB3 Games Playing On BB1 Conversion To BB2  (Read 17272 times)

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BB3 Games Playing On BB1 Conversion To BB2
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
For those of you Interested:
Could it be done? That question bugged me for some time. I got a lot of "definitive maybes". Jim Masonis was pretty sure it could be done so I started buying the parts I needed some time ago.

With that being said many, many thanks and Kudos to Jeff (Idesign) for figuring it out.

Here's what I needed for parts Initially

Top Monitor that had a DVI Port.
BB2 Power supply
Emotive Light Box
Whatever special cables are needed.
And of course a BB3 CPU 3.2

Jeff was kind enough to take on this challenge. What he discovered was, that a BB2 Power supply was not needed however, another BB1 power supply was. It sounded like a BB2 power supply could be used but the Remote switch may have been a challenge.

Jeff was able to add the BB1 PS and make a cable so the BB1 PS and BB3 CPU connected with power. He made me a splitter cable for the Emotive Light Box since I did not have a Power Slot open. He tried all of this on his BB1 Conversion and it worked. He made up the Cables for me and YES it works. I have attached some pictures. First picture shows Gorilla Chief II. Second Picture shows Gremlins on regular dual 22s. Third photo shows Gremlins with 32" vertical monitor. Photo 4 shows Emotive Light box and cables.  Photo 5 shows Power Cable from BB1 PS to BB3 CPU 3.2

I am sure there is something I forgot but there it is for those of you Interested. Thanks again JEFF!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:04:19 PM by idesign »

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: BB3 Games Playing On BB1 Conversion To BB2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »
Emotive Light Box is not needed for games like Gremlins that use a vertical monitor.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline gunnerbill

• Reputation Power: 74
  • gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
Great Topic, there is a way to by-pass Emotive lighting board.  By soldering a permanent jumper. This will fool the game into thinking there is an emotive controller installed saving on use amperage/voltage

Offline gunnerbill

• gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.gunnerbill Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
Jeff, Can you post the pin out for the cable you made for the BB1 so others can make there own conversion in the future.

I had made mine using an old Gen1 printer plug and repinned it so I could provide power to the BB3 using the existing BB1 power supply. It is the same size Molex plus as Power supply and backplain. I will take some photo this week and post. The cable connects to the Bulkhead Board.
[size=0pt][/size]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:48:23 PM by gunnerbill »

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:34:53 AM »
IF you already have a BB2 (not BB2e), do you need a different power supply/molex connection or will the one in there already work?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
To run a cpunxt3.2 box on a bb2 you mean?  You will need the power harness for the mpu box.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »
Yes Rick. But I wont have to change or add PS?
-------
Charles

Offline gunnerbill

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
You dont need a new power supply. you use your existing one.  you just tap off lines coming from power supply harness to make a extension that will plug into your molex plug on the side of the BB3 CPU.

You also need a jumper in plug

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
T,

What did you use for a top monitor?  Regular BB2 or store bought monitor? Looks perfect in there.

Thanks.

Steve

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »
It is the Ceronix model. Don't know the model # off hand. If I find it I will post it

T,

What did you use for a top monitor?  Regular BB2 or store bought monitor? Looks perfect in there.

Thanks.

Steve

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 03:12:11 PM »
That's a NEC 32" vertical monitor in his picture, v322 or v323

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
You are right Jeff the 32 inch is a NEC V322. The regular top monitor is a Ceronix  22 inch. Depends on what picture you are looking at. Obviously the 32 inch is hanging on a wall mount.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
You are right Jeff the 32 inch is a NEC V322. The regular top monitor is a Ceronix  22 inch. Depends on what picture you are looking at. Obviously the 32 inch is hanging on a wall mount.

For some reason I was thinking 32" because Gremlins wants a 32" unless Steve likes to twist his neck a lot.  :24: :24:

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:12:13 PM »
I have a 32 for the Vertical titles, but I was wondering if the regular monitor was WMS stuff or BestBuy.............lol

I have ordered a NEC 22 incher  (16X10) to replace the Dell model I bought as it is a bit short for the top box and looks a bit funny up there. However, the image is gorgeous!!

Thanks,

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 05:32:58 PM »
The only issue with the NEC is that is a TN panel, so it has a limited viewing angle.  But functionally, the games work great on it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 12:25:22 PM »
Can someone make me a EL controller harness for a BB1.5 .
I have the controller but no harness.   No lights, at the moment, either.
PM me

Offline dragster73

• My Slot Collection
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • dragster73 New User has no influence.
  • JGC
    • Gameroom Service Collection
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 11:49:46 AM »
 There is a way to by-pass Emotive lighting board.  By soldering a permanent jumper. This will fool the game into thinking there is an emotive controller installed saving on use amperage/voltage

Can you give me the specific pin the jumper is connected to on J14 of the backplane ?
WMS "BB1 Pick Your Fortune"
WMS "BB1 Jackpot Party"
WMS "Match Game" CPU-NXT.
WMS "Gold Fish 2" Transmissive
WMS "BB3 Willy Wonka"
WMS "BB2 Lord Of The Rings"
WMS "BB2 Winning Bid 2"
IGT Vision "Red White And Blue"
IGT Vision "Pink Panther"
IGT I-Game "Munster"

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 01:34:02 PM »
There is a way to by-pass Emotive lighting board.  By soldering a permanent jumper. This will fool the game into thinking there is an emotive controller installed saving on use amperage/voltage

Can you give me the specific pin the jumper is connected to on J14 of the backplane ?

I have some notes that say  J10  Pin 9 to Pin 12.     But don't quote me on that..   :p

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal