New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Problem for Players Edge Poker  (Read 17554 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: New Problem for Players Edge Poker
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
So the 97% xm chip won't help the OP?  He needs a higher pp chip?

I think so. I'm not as knowledgeable on the PE+ games as others are. So if any of this is wrong someone please correct.

I think his Double Bonus machine is a single-game setup, it just has the game chips for the PP0728 Double Bonus vp game, no other poker games. The XM chips are for the multi-game setups that use the "super-board", have 5 poker games built-in to the software set, so he can't use them (unless I'm wrong and he does have a superboard). I think he'd only have to change out 1 chip (the GMO chip) to increase his percentage. The other chips would likely stay the same since it would be the same Double Bonus game, just with a different percentage. You can't mix & match chips from a multi-poker chipset with the chips from the single-game chipset. There are poker software chipsets made for the single board and different chipsets for the superboard.

The PE+ single board game chipsets consist of 6 chips. The GMO chip is the main software chip for the game. Then there are the other chips- the MRO, MGO, MBO and MXO chips. I think these 4 chips have to do with graphics, like the playing card images. And there is the special little CAPX chip that affects colors. All of these chips would probably be the same from one version of Double Bonus poker to the next, except for the GMO chip. Luckily many poker games use the same CAPX chip so you don't always have to replace it. His mpu board photo (below) shows that it is a single-game board. I've marked the game chips with a little yellow square, the main chip GMO has 3 little yellow squares.

On a superboard there is an extra socket next to where the GMO socket is, that allows the superboard to use another chip for the multi-poker chipsets.

The game software for PE+ poker games is fairly easy to download for free from the various MAME hobby websites. Then you just need some blank eproms and an eprom burner to make the chips you need. The only hiccup is if you have to make a CAPX chip, the blanks for them are hard to find and costly. But the good folks at KLAR can help out with that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:46:13 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
Lots of good info there!

Here are pics of rule set of black jack at highest setting and at lowest setting:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
I've never played blackjack on a PE+ machine. How do you select the different percentages? Is it on the menu screen?

Here is the info from the PE+ spreadsheet Blackjack tab about the chipsets for Blackjack games:

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Hiram

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hiram New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 12:29:11 AM »
Thanks for that info Rok because , I'd like to change that GMO chip and get a better % --Is there a Company I can call and order that GMO Chip from ?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 01:15:11 AM »
Thanks for that info Rok because I'd like to change that GMO chip and get a better % --Is there a Company I can call and order that GMO Chip from ?

Not that I know of. But there are people here that may be able to help with that or know someplace to get it.  Let's see if any of the PE+ folks have some ideas about it and I'll do some checking around. Is the game as it plays now not winning as often as you'd like?

Offline Hiram

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Hiram New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
I'm not a Poker champ by any means but , it's not easy to win. Last night I played $150 worth of quarters (5 coins each time) and only won 3 times ..no Royal Flush or 3 of a kinds or anything special ..and it's still doing that strange deal when I  "double UP" . If I win , it asks if I want to double up again ...if I say NO , only half my winnings go to Credits and a message pops up saying winner paid - but the hopper never starts and no coins are spit out ..I just lose those credits each time

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2018, 10:11:32 AM »
Perhaps that double-up problem is a quirk in the game software, that's just the way it is? That would be odd but if you've checked your machines TEST menu settings for credit, hopper, etc and they look ok I can't think of anything else that would cause what you are seeing.

It is difficult to know what is happening on the double-up problem. If you press the white TEST button and then take a photo of each menu screen that comes up, from start to finish, maybe we can see something in one of the settings that is causing it. You can post up to 5 photos on each message here, and as many messages as you need to. When you play the game on the poker hands that you win (not the double-up part of the game) do the wins go to credits correctly? Does the hopper work correctly if you hit the cashout button? In other words, does all aspects of the game work ok except for this double-up payout problem?

From what I've read the Royal Flush hand is very elusive on any video poker game. Even a skilled vp player only sees it about every 40,000 hands on a Jacks or Bettor game (that's the vp game I'm most familiar with). And to get it that often you have to hold and discard the correct cards to best increase your chances. So not seeing a royal flush is normal, some people play for months (or even longer) without seeing one. A Straight Flush is also difficult to get. I've played for 2 or 3 hours a day when on vacation and not had a 4 of a Kind or higher. Since the chances of getting the higher hands is so small a lot has to do with what cards you keep and which ones you discard, that is very important when trying for the higher hands. For example, in Jacks or Better say you are dealt 2 aces (ace of hearts, ace of spades), along with a king of clubs, queen of clubs and jack of clubs. Many people will keep the pair of aces and discard the other 3 cards. But the correct play is to keep the 3 clubs, throw away the 2 aces and go for the royal flush. If you never take those chancy opportunities for the royal flush then you will get them even less often.

From what sixcardmark said earlier, the winning poker hands will appear with the same frequency no matter what the payout percentage of the game chips is. The amount you win is based on the paytable of the game software, this is what the machine gives you for each winning hand and that is affected by the payout percentage. But getting a Full House or an other winning hand is the same, whether your game chips are 91% or 98%. The 5 cards the game gives you are selected at random from the 52 card deck without regard to the payout percentage. Then you discard some cards and the game gives you the replacement cards that are selected at random. So the cards you get are fairly drawn from the deck the same way for all payout percentage versions of the game. The higher percentage games just give you more money for those winning hands.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:31:51 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
I have one in my garage. Let me see if I can get it powered on today a go thru the menu.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »
It sounds like something is corrupted in the memory based on what you're describing for the double-up, OR, it's possible you're just misunderstanding how it works.  Are you able with a cell phone or other device to take a short video showing you playing a hand, doubling up, and where you think the issue is?  It would make it a lot easier to see what's happening.  You can upload the video to YouTube and then post a link here.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
I’m wondering if this is in a dip switch setting? I have not been able to get at the one I have in my garage to check it’s settings.. Possible in a submenu for how the double down bet works or is to be paid/credited back to the player. I’d be looking for a split pay option.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
I haven't seen any submenu with the split pay option (at least in the sets I've used in my PE+) just the generic credit settings, player initiated, non-credit and credit, etc, never saw any submenu for double up pay methods, just on or off for doubling up

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »
That’s why I’m wondering if there could be a dip switch setting either on the MPU or if there are any on the mother board like on the Fortune II Poker machines? If no then it must have something to do with the jurisdiction on the Game Chips..
And remember...

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2018, 09:51:31 PM »
I don't believe there's any on the motherboard IIRC, MPU board IS a possibility but I believe the game chips override them. I can't swear to this info but I'm pretty confident. I know I messed with some dips on the mobo and set it against what the chips were set as in the test menu and it didn't do anything, but ya never know! The mobo I would have to check to be positive but I don't remember any dip switches being on them

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »
I think your correct because the PE mother board is similar to the S+, and the S+ doesn’t have any. I think I have a manual buried in my file drawer. Maybe it’s mentioned in there. I know it’s usualky to have the double down option on or off.
And remember...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2018, 10:54:40 PM »
That's only option I could find on pe+ superboard too:  on or off 

I say turn it off - problem solved.  :rotfl:

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 11:05:31 PM »
I didn't wanna swear to anything unless I KNOW 100% for sure, but I was pretty confident that it was so. I have a superboard in mine as well and for double up all I have is on or off, NO other options for it.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 02:17:33 AM »
It's either on or off.  The only thing the DIP switches change are the line frequency for the power (ie. don't mess with the DIP switches).  There's no option for a split pay -- my opinion remains the same, either something is corrupt, or there's a misunderstanding on how the double-up works.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2018, 06:44:06 AM »
I'm not a Poker champ by any means but , it's not easy to win. Last night I played $150 worth of quarters (5 coins each time) and only won 3 times ..no Royal Flush or 3 of a kinds or anything special ..and it's still doing that strange deal when I  "double UP" . If I win , it asks if I want to double up again ...if I say NO , only half my winnings go to Credits and a message pops up saying winner paid - but the hopper never starts and no coins are spit out ..I just lose those credits each time

just remember no matter what percentage you have you will not win or lose any more "times" you willl only win more or less per win,

a 50% game has the same chance to get a royal flush as a 150% game just that the %0% game most likely would pay only half the amount a 100% game ie 2000 instead of 4000
whereas a 150% game would probably pay out 6000 instead of 4000

** disclaimer, the numbers and Percentages are made up and do not exist that i know of, they were used so show the point of how it works

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
Your payout percentages are controlled by your lower pays not the jackpot, they royal will always hit the same. It's usually your full house and flush pays that are affected. And in some games REALLY common hands which hurt like 10 for trips in Triple Double Bonus, and most all pay only 5 for 2 pair vs 10 in say jacks or better. That's where the % is rly affected, but unlike slots it's all there for you to see, you can know what % a video poker machine is set at just by looking at the paytable (9/5 8/5 etc) there's even percentage cards they make IIRC so you can look it up and instantly see the % the machine is set at

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2018, 07:58:17 AM »
on the double up issue, can you take a picture of each step when you are doubling
or do a little video and post on youtube for us to see.
that way we can see exactly what its doing and the wording so its understood exactly what is happening

so a picture in each of the following
1. right after the win
2. just before saying yes to double up
3. right after a double up (results)
4. if you won the double up the one where you press no on double up

i havent set any machines up for double up so wandering if it may be applying the credits to your total credits before doubleing ie you have 100 credits, you win 10 now you have 110, you double up now you should have 10 more won not 20 more won for a total of 120 even though it says you won 20

so what we are looking for is to see how it actually pays win you win the double up

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal