New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SMLD Dynamic Button upgrade  (Read 2933 times)

Offline LUGA

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LUGA New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SMLD Dynamic Button upgrade
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
Hi,can I just swap the old non edge buttons for edge buttons?Are the cables and software compatible?Best regards

Offline legendofbear

• Reputation Power: 2
  • legendofbear New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: SMLD Dynamic Button upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:20:18 AM »
um... i think u should post a picture

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »
You need to upgrade the firmware on the blackfin controller, otherwise you will just get errors on the buttons. When I upgraded my G20, I just bought a known working blackfin controller that had the right firmware on it along with the buttons.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline LUGA

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 03:38:04 AM »
ok, what firmware number I should have?I found one in a online shop with 32824800W,Rev A,21Jul2014 but it´s for a G20. Do this work in my SMLD with Edge buttons?many thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:50:29 AM »
That's not the firmware.  You need the right boot chip which is the little square chip with a sticker on it, you need at least version BFB00004 or higher.  And the firmware inside the controller (there is no way to know that unless you plug it into the system and view the version number under the admin menus) is BFDB006E or higher.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline LUGA

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 03:19:41 AM »
Ok, I´ve found one in a online shop, many thanks

Offline brettsrt

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • brettsrt New User barely matters.brettsrt New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »
That's not the firmware.  You need the right boot chip which is the little square chip with a sticker on it, you need at least version BFB00004 or higher.  And the firmware inside the controller (there is no way to know that unless you plug it into the system and view the version number under the admin menus) is BFDB006E or higher.
Hi Rick i had a question, once you obtain BFDB006E how do you update the firmware on the machine? So updating the firmware has nothing to do with changing data on the BFB Chip?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
No, the little boot chip is like a bios, it boots the controller, then the firmware is like the OS.  The firmware is in a flash memory module on the blackfin controller.  You will need an IGT firmware flash tool that you attach to the backplane through USB.  If you have never done this kind of thing before, I would have someone who has done it do it for you.  You can send them your blackfin controller to have it re-flashed.  You can brick your blackfin controller if you flash the wrong thing to it.  A while back a vendor was selling the software, it's called "CVS" if I'm not mistaken.  You will also need the firmware files to flash the blackfin controller.

Offline brettsrt

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
No, the little boot chip is like a bios, it boots the controller, then the firmware is like the OS.  The firmware is in a flash memory module on the blackfin controller.  You will need an IGT firmware flash tool that you attach to the backplane through USB.  If you have never done this kind of thing before, I would have someone who has done it do it for you.  You can send them your blackfin controller to have it re-flashed.  You can brick your blackfin controller if you flash the wrong thing to it.  A while back a vendor was selling the software, it's called "CVS" if I'm not mistaken.  You will also need the firmware files to flash the blackfin controller.
Thanks for the info Rick, Question. The software for firmware flash tool is called CVS? was that the IGT brand software tool or some aftermarket software tool? do you have any OE part number for IGT Firmware Flash Tool? is this similar for the AVP 3 reel for BFRD0030?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »
The actual software is called "CSV" (not CVS like originall posted)  it is IGT's OEM software for the AVP cabinets.

Offline brettsrt

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 07:54:26 PM »
Does anyone know how to use these CSV files? i cannot find any info anywhere how how to install the firmware update once you have the files? the CSV appear to open in windows??

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:49 AM »
I have asked this same question before and got no answer.  There is surely someone out there who knows what software is needed and the step by step process for doing this.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 09:59:26 AM »
While I don't have the software to do it, I've seen it being done at a local dealer who was upgrading a few button panels.  It is not a big mystery.  The hard part is getting the software and firmware files to do it.

It is a windows based program.  You connect the pc to the cabinet's backplane (just remove the usb cable from the mpu and plug it into your pc).  Power up and the program will show you a list of all the peripherals that can be flashed with the program like validators, printers, dynamic button panel, etc.  You select the item you want to upgrade and then select the firmware file.  Then the program flashes the firmware and it's done.  Like I said, no big mystery, getting the necessary programs is the issue.  Also I've been told that the earlier versions of the software may not support all peripherals, I don't know what version is what though.

Offline brettsrt

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »
that’s what i thought just wanted to make sure thanks rick
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:27:06 PM by brettsrt »

Offline TopDogElec

• Reputation Power: 11
  • TopDogElec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 02:12:46 PM »
I might know a guy I can get the software from, not sure about the firmware files though. If NLG is interested in adding it to the downloads section, if I can get it, I will provide

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2022, 02:31:37 PM »
If it's copyrighted software/firmware it can't be put on NLG's file system.

Offline TopDogElec

• Reputation Power: 11
  • TopDogElec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 02:56:29 PM »
Got it, no worries. Don’t want to cause any problems for anyone

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal