New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5500 won't register credit  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Bally 5500 won't register credit
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 06:43:34 AM »
DiverDan, check your messages. I sent you a PM a few days ago.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline DiverDan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DiverDan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 11:46:08 AM »
The new chips came in and now the machine is flashing 50. and then 23. over and over in the WIN PAID window.
Any ideas guys?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 12:32:49 PM »
I'm following the post - you say the new chips came in and you have 2 error messages.

Not sure what you mean by new chips came in, but I will assume game chips?

Your original problem was coin would not register a credit. OK. If you got new chips and the machine is doing something different, IE 50 and 23. I will go with that.

Error 50 = Slot door open - the main door switch senses the door is open

Error 23 = Coin not sensed - Coin was not sensed by the coin optic (DS2-8 = OFF Diverter optic installed)

This information is from the Bally Proslot 5500 manual from the download section.

So - Are you able to download from the site?

With the new chips your machine door switch appears to not be working. That could be something wrong with the chips or the door or possibly a number of things.
The error 23 says your optics are probably not working - the original problem you started with.

I would suggest -

Put the old chips back in and continue trying to troubleshoot the coin credit problem.

Or

Try to get the main door switch working with the new chips and then work on troubleshooting the optics error 23. The door switch must be working to get the machine to accept a coin and put credits on the machine.

Up to you how you want to proceed.

Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 12:06:28 AM »
Trisail, What exactly does this mean: "(DS2-8 = OFF Diverter optic installed)"
  Do you mean that the coin optic board isn't working?<<<IF SO, is there a way to just by-pass the optic board in order to test?
In other words, Is there a way to just allow the machine to give a credit no matter what coin is put into it?<<That way I would know that the optic board is defective.

BTW: Yes, I did get your message about helping while waiting for access, THANKS. I can now access the files.

I'm at my wits end on this machine. I'd be willing to buy an optic board, if you know somewhere that we can purchase one, but we've just about had it spending money just TRYING different things. Our Social Security money would be better spent in other places, so my wife says...[;-D)

It's just So Hard To Believe that all of this happened just because I put the chips in backwards when replacing the battery. This old machine had been working Perfectly for 2 decades.<<<But heck, I guess that: "It Is Always Something" or another;)
Thanks again, Trisail, for all of your help. I am DEFINITELY out of my league trying to fix this machine. I just don't have the knowledge or know-how in this area.
We're about to sent it to the dump but it is killing me because I KNOW that it has to be something easy to fix. Unfortunately, I just don't have the knowledge or, more importantly, the money to just keep 'trying things'.
Thanks Again,
Dan

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 12:25:52 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this means:"(DS2-8 = OFF Diverter optic installed)"
ALSO
Does anyone know how to just bypass the coin optics and just install a button for Free Play??

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 12:40:00 PM »
I believe divert optic is a set of optics that would be installed at the coin divert chute that would count coins that go to the coin bucket in the slot stand?  You could connect wires from the Psuedo button on the coin optics and connect them to the change button and disconnect one wire from door plunger switch so it thinks the door is open and play it in test mode. /
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:48:05 AM by Sunrise Side »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »
If you want to send the optics to me , i will test them in my working machine

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2022, 09:57:17 AM »
Once again, Very Kind and helpful, Sunrise. Thank You.

The main problem is even if it is the coin-in optic board, I can't seem to find anyone that sells them...:(

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 12:39:07 PM »
I sent you a PM

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 12:12:59 AM »
This is the Coin Optic Board that I need:

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
Have you checked the edge connector on the MPU for bent pins? You now have changed the optic board and If the coin passes through the optics and does not give a credit a couple things to check. The optics send a signal through the holes in the black plastic coin guide block. Make sure the holes are clean of dust build up.
The optics send a single through the guide to a prism. The prism reflects the signal to the receiver's. Be sure the prism is clean of residue.

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2022, 06:28:25 AM »
Yep, I did that awhile back with the old board. I think this old dog has finally hit the wall.
I believe that I'm just going to throw a blanket over it for awhile and 'TRY' to put it out of my mind. Then, one day, I'll have to make a decision on what to do with the old girl.
Thanks Again for All of the help, friends.
Y'all are a great bunch of people.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2022, 03:19:25 PM »
Dan. Read this post about broken wires on the door harness.   http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=35265.0

Here's a wiring diagram showing optics. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=34713.0;attach=104287;image

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 04:52:19 AM »
Be sure DS-2 switch #8 is on and then do a clear. See if error 23 goes away.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2022, 08:42:05 AM »
Is the coin switch on the front of the computer tray in the up position?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline mh

• mh New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2022, 05:06:00 PM »
I think I have the same issue with my 5500.
Orange light on Optics board.
Coin falls through the hopper
Insert Coin light is not lit.
Coin comparitor is no lit.
I also replaced battery, did a reset and everything seemed fine with CLC updates
Coin mech switch is up

Offline DiverDan

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »
I have it even worse than you, mh.
  The lights on my comparitor AND optic board are all saying they are fine and working.
The insert coin light IS on and everything seems normal.
I have NO error codes and the machine looks ready to receive coins and play.
However:
   When you put in a coin, you can hear it drop into the hopper BUT you don't get a credit so you can't play it.
I just got SO frustrated, I just added a button near the coin insert that would let the grandkids play the game. They can push it up to 3 times to enter a credit and then push the button OR pull the handle to play. Of Course, if they win, nothing happens and it doesn't show a win BUT they get a kick out of pulling the handle and watching the reels spin. THEN they try and figure out IF they would have won IF the machine actually worked.
The machine went from our game room to our play room and will probably end up in the garbage heap to give us More Room...[;-D)
It's Always Something.
BTW: HOW are your coins ending up in your hopper IF the comparitor isn't lit?

Offline BackToTheStart47

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • BackToTheStart47 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2022, 09:34:45 AM »
mh try pushing the sudo coin button on the main board to see if it adds a credit. Also, try pressing the little white button on your coin optic circuit to see if it also adds a credit.

If the sudo coin works your mother board is working
If the white button on your coin optic works then your optic board is working
I'm assuming that If both are work the issue is somewhere between the coin and optic

Just guessing, if your not getting any lights you might not be getting power to your coin comparator circuit which might be a wiring issue.

I'm in the same situation DiverDan is in. I have an electrician looking at my machine at the moment.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal