New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Diamond Deluxe Error 61 loop  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Davem76

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Davem76 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Double Diamond Deluxe Error 61 loop
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:25:29 PM »
 Newby.

hello, thanks for taking the time for helping me out. I got this machine and it hadn't been powered up in years. Turns out just the plug creeped out of the power supply. I was able to fix that one pretty easily! I then got error 12, had the battery replaced, got the 61, if I turn the key I get a bunch of different numbers the more I turn it. I can get the reels to spin once, then it locks, turn key and I just end up in the 61 loop. I think I need a clear chip but not sure what one or how to aquire the chips. I have game SP872. Reel SS4627.

It does have a bill validator.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 03:12:39 PM by knagl »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Double Diamond Deluxe Error 61 loop
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 02:51:20 AM »
Hello Dave, and welcome to the site. You've found the right place to get your machine back up and running.  :cool_thumb_up:

:NLG_WELCOME:

The "61 loop" is where you have a 61 error, you follow the procedure to get to 61-1, and then when clearing that it brings you back to 61 (and you can keep doing that forever -- that's the loop).

From what you have described, you are not properly clearing the 61 error and you're getting into the accounting menus (and you are not experiencing the 61 loop).

Please read the FAQ page on the 61 error and follow it exactly as written (hint: you never indicated in your post that you got to 61-1).

Here is a direct link to the relevant FAQ for your convenience:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21017.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Davem76

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »
Hi, thanks for that info, I actually don't get the 61 1 after I hit the reset button. It just goes back to 61, then closing the door and turning the key gets me back to the accounting menu as you described it. I guess I'm in the 61 accounting loop! Anything else I can try?   Also the speaker does not ding after either. I also disconnected the door optics from the case as someone said worked for them but it still just goes back to the 61, the coins played flashes a quick 0 then 61. That's all I get ever time.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 12:34:49 PM by Davem76 »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 12:19:10 PM »
Hold the little white test button in for a few seconds....don't just "hit" it momentarily.

After a few seconds of holding the button in, the display SHOULD change to [61-1]

Only when you get to [61-1] do you turn the reset key momentarily with the main door closed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:53:51 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Davem76

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 12:37:08 PM »
I've tried hitting it quick to holding in until the 61 reappears then I release, same result. After about 5 seconds of holding it, the 61 appears in the window but no ding

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 03:26:31 PM »
You are not listening....STOP hitting the little white test button "quick".

Hold the button in for like 3 seconds UNTIL [61-1] appears.
That's Sixty-One DASH One.

When that appears, let go of the button, reach over and flip the key momentarily once.

When you flip the key, the [61-1] should go out then turn into some OTHER number.

At that point if, and only IF it turns back to [61], THEN you have to use a Clear chip to get rid of what we call...a "Stuck Logic Signal" or the "[61] Loop"...not an "61 Accounting Loop"....there's no such thing of that really.

We'll get your machine running the way you want it soon enough!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:50:37 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 04:16:03 PM »
Only when you get to [61-1] do you turn the reset key momentarily with the main door open.
You have to close the door BEFORE you turn the J/P key.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 04:54:52 PM »
You're right SCM! I fixed it! Thanks!

Offline Davem76

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 10:11:51 AM »
It doesn't go to the 61 1 no matter if I hold it for 3 seconds or 5. It just flashes 0 in coins played and then returns to the 61. The more I think of it the first time I turned it on after replacing the battery it did go to the 61 1 but it never has since then.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »
Could you take your battery out and measure the voltage with a multimeter?
I'm suspecting a low battery even though you don't have a code [12].
It's pretty easy to do really.

The other thing I'd like you to check is to CAREFULLY remove the GAME and REEL prom chips from their sockets slowly, to see if there's a bent or folded-under chip leg?
If there is some bent legs, carefully straighten them with a pair of good tweezers.
Make sure they're in the right direction/ orientation when you put them back in....you can clearly see a notch at one end of the chip that corresponds with the etched notch on the MPU circuit board itself next to their prospective sockets.
Watch to see if you fold any chip legs underneath the body of the chip....that is what you are trying to avoid.

I don't know if you know how to use a multimeter or not but you can also rule out the little white test button too, to make it is functioning correctly.
It is a momentary switch button....it is in the normally open state before depressing the plunger.
When you hold it in, it is SUPPOSED to make the MPU go into the next state which would be [61-1], it doesn't seem to be happening for you.
This is why I want you to check everything and make sure all your mechanical stuff is working first.
After that, we can try and perform a complete CLEAR to try and get the machine back to it's original, factory settings.

I can try and re-enact your problem with my test machine tomorrow morning at work.
Do you have a Clear chip for your machine?

You say it keeps going back to 61, or it goes into the machine's internal accounting mode.
I don't know why your machine doesn't get to the [61-1] state like it should when you hold in the test button.
If you contact member RB, I'm pretty sure he can get you a Clear chip and a SET015 chip to re-enable your bill acceptor.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 02:33:07 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 01:25:27 PM »
It doesn't go to the 61 1 no matter if I hold it for 3 seconds or 5. It just flashes 0 in coins played and then returns to the 61. The more I think of it the first time I turned it on after replacing the battery it did go to the 61 1 but it never has since then.

Based on this I would say that a RAM clear is in order and hopefully will resolve your issue.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Davem76

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 12:40:14 PM »
Thank you, I've reached out to RB and I ordered the chips.

Offline Davem76

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 03:19:57 PM »
Hello, so I got the clear chip, thanks RB. Followed the steps,  got the 61, held down reset until I got 61 1, turned reset key once, got 65 1. Turned key once, I get all zeros in winner paid and credits with coins played flashing between 1 and 0. I do hear a solenoid click after the 65 1. I can spin the wheels but then it looks like I'm back in the accounting menus. Also top light flashing.

Did i do something wrong?  Or do I have another issue? Thank you.

I did do something wrong, I neglected to push the reset again after the 65 1.

It is working now! Thank everyone for your help. I'll definitely be making a donation to the site. You really helped me a lot. Thanks again!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 03:26:12 PM »
After you get the 61_1 close the door THEN turn the jackpot reset key.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal