New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New to me Triple Diamond S2000 Random Closure MB, General Reel Tilt  (Read 1655 times)

Offline rickou812

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rickou812 New User has no influence.
I just received a Triple Diamond. It is working great other than the occasional MB Door open error which it seems from researching here is probably door optic switch.  I will bypass that eventually.
I was going to adjust the volume and followed the sticky'd topic, however I do not have an menu 3.  Mine goes 1,2,4.  Menu 3 does not come up, tried multiple times.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:16:04 PM by rickou812 »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: New to me Triple Diamond S2000 No Menu 3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:34:02 PM »
Are you using the test switch on the MPU (operator menu)? The jackpot reset key only gets you into the attendant menu. MB is the BV door. It can be bypassed if not already but also could be a sign of MPU problems. 
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 04:15:23 PM »
Are you using the test switch on the MPU (operator menu)? The jackpot reset key only gets you into the attendant menu. MB is the BV door. It can be bypassed if not already but also could be a sign of MPU problems.
Thanks for the reply.  This is my first home slot game, so I have a lot to learn.  I have been reading a lot on this forum.  It is a treasure!!
What is the "BV Door"?  Again, I apologize for my ignorance.
Thanks again for your help!

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 04:17:06 PM »
Bill validator.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 04:21:00 PM »
Bill validator.
:dancing_2:well that makes since..BV = Bill Validator..lol

Offline Kooper06

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Kooper06 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 06:26:11 PM »
LOL, that was me a month and half ago…. Keep reading these forums and remember the only stupid question is the one that you didn’t ask! I’m still learning everyday and can’t wait for the next troubled machine that I get!

Offline rickou812

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 06:47:58 PM »
So, if the BV is the door that is front of the cash box, then it has already been by passed.  Or the BV door something different?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 08:34:01 PM »
Yes the blue and green wires.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »
Well, I continue to have random "Call Attendant, Closure MB, General Reel Tilt" issue.  After digging in, I have found the BV door switch is bypassed. So is the Main door optic and the flap door switch.  Everything seems to work great until the call attendant pops up.  Sometimes I can go for 30-50 spins no issues and then sometimes it will have the error every couple of spins.
The bill validator works, the printer prints on cashout, all buttons work including the pull handle.

The only other issue I can find besides the random Closure MB and General Reel Tilt is the left speaker, if facing it, has an annoying hum.  The other speaker does not.

If this is an MPU issue, what should I look for?
Video showing behavior
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/MGalleryItem.php?id=1203
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:43:58 PM by rickou812 »

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »

The only other issue I can find besides the random Closure MB and General Reel Tilt is the left speaker, if facing it, has an annoying hum.  The other speaker does not.

If this is an MPU issue, what should I look for?
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/MGalleryItem.php?id=1203

EDIT: I saw your photos. You have an 502. Try the mods in my link. Easy if your handy with a soldering iron and almost eliminates the audio problem.

If you have a 50x (501/502) series MPU, I would do the modifications I speak of in this post:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=34372.0
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 11:52:20 PM by DB26 »
-Robert

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: New to me Triple Diamond S2000 Random Closure MB, General Reel Tilt
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »
Your reels are probably rubbing against the front door.  Make sure your reels are pushed in all the way and have a look when the reels spins to make sure there's some clearance between the reels and the front door as the reels spin. My continuing pet peeve in this post also "CLOSURE MB," it is NOT an error message and does not prevent the machine from playing, it is just telling you that sometime ago, the front door or belly door were opened and are now closed.  The error of concern is the general reel tilt, which is probably what I describe above with the reels rubbing against the front door.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 03:09:32 PM »
I have checked the reels.  I actually have removed all the reels, the printer, the BV, the MPU, and checked the wiring harness for issues.  The company I had purchased fro. Already bypassed the door optic switch, the BV door switch, and the front flap access door switch.
Everything was blown off to rid the dust and reseated into place.  The random "Closure MB/General Reel Tilt" error still occurrs.  Sometimes it will operate perfectly for 50+spins, then may have the error once every 5 to 10 spins.
It seems to be a MPU issue since everything is already bypassed.  I clean and inspected the MPU, but could not find any o vious issues.  The green battery had already been removed and the circuit board did not show sogns of previous  leakage or damage. 
I am going to try and find another board...maybe.

Is the 504 Rev B a direct replacement?
I assume I would just put all my current chips on the 504 board, clear and key and set back to my current settings...?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »
Just put your chips on the 504B then clear the errors with the key and test switch. Settings will be retained. You will probably have to reset enhanced sound if you have it but that's no biggie.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2022, 01:59:46 PM »
Just put your chips on the 504B then clear the errors with the key and test switch. Settings will be retained. You will probably have to reset enhanced sound if you have it but that's no biggie.
RB, I got my 504B board, swapped the chips and installed.  It booted and went through memory test and then gave "ram error", I turned key 4 times and got the "Close main door" notice.  However, when  I close the door nothing is happening after that.  Not sure what to do next....?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2022, 02:02:11 PM »
Sounds like you may have gotten a bad board. Try it in another machine if you can and see if you get the same result.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2022, 02:11:33 PM »
Sounds like you may have gotten a bad board. Try it in another machine if you can and see if you get the same result.
Unfortunately, I have no other machine to test it in.
Would there be any difference 9n how the optic sensor bypass is done from regarding a 502 MPU Vs 504?
The optic sensor was bypassed prior to me purchasing the machine, so not sure what was done.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 02:28:15 PM »
I put the original board back in and cleared then errors with the key and it operates normally.

I noted with the original board, after receiving the ram error, the door open alarm sounded prior to turning the attendant key 4 times and pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, received close main door.  Closed door and machine spun reels and was ready for play.

The replacement board did give a door open alarm and did not recognize when the main door was closed after prompting to close main door.

Also, not sure if this is a difference between the 502 and 504b boards, but there is not jumper between diode D3 and E23 next to the removed varta battery spot.  Should there be a jumper there?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 03:23:18 PM by rickou812 »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2022, 03:35:27 PM »
The lack of the jumper is normal on a 504B.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2022, 03:59:08 PM »
Good news, I got it working.   Apparently it was a problem with the media lite board.  I decided to try again and swapped out the chips again.  It did the same thing.  Realizing the media boards was the only thing I did not swap, I swapped the media lite board from my board to the 504b board and that seems to have resolved the issue.  Fingers crossed.  I have it now in a playable state.  Will continue to test and pray this resolves my random door open error.

The media lite board that was on the 504B was version 76924400.
The media lite board on my 502 was 76924401

Not sure why that made a difference and would cause the MPU not to read the main door switch....but

Now fingers crossed and hope my random Closure MB General reel tilt error is gone.

Offline rickou812

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2022, 04:42:10 PM »
Well... spoke to soon,  :Scratch-Head: I turned machine off using power strip while eating dinner.  Went back and turned on and it went through the testing memory, then the usual reel spin then Door Open MB error again.  Opening and closing door does not resolve, neither does key turn.
Belly door, optics, and cash door are all bypassed.
Turned off, back on, same thing.
Frustrating  :banghead:

Turned off, turn on and it worked.  Was able to play for over an hour straight without any open door errors or reel tilts. It was awesome.  with finger crossed, I turned machine off. let is sit for several minutes, the turned it on.  Memory test, .... Open Door MB... :banghead:

Tried multiple more times with same result.

Put my original 502 MPU back in, after going through the key turn process, starts and plays.  Has to be the 504 MPU.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 09:14:01 PM by rickou812 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal