New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Keys for a Mills Vest Pocket  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Rpowell18 New User barely matters.Rpowell18 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Keys for a Mills Vest Pocket
« on: April 03, 2022, 07:09:56 AM »
i am looking for replacements keys for a Mills Vest Pocket..With the number on the lock can i use that to find one without having it rekeyed..ifound someone that has several hundred keys and he claimed he might have the key that will work with that number..if that is the case anybody know where i might find keys..thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Keys for a Mills Vest Pocket
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 08:25:34 AM »
ifound someone that has several hundred keys and he claimed he might have the key that will work with that number..if that is the case anybody know where i might find keys..thanks

First - Is it an original Mills lock? Add a photo please so we can determine this.

Second - I'm confused by your post. You stated you found someone with several hundred keys and he might have your key. Why can't you contact him then?
The only person I know of is Dave Bertin. He's been difficult to reach the last few years. His eBay name is thunderfivefive and the eBay contact link is here:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/thunderfivefive?

Maybe member 63mini will chime in here with additional information.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »
i know of him got some vest pocket stuff from him before..He isn't the one though..here is the picture of the lock...i am hoping to find the right key before i have to get it rekeyed...and send it to squires

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 05:11:45 PM »
Rpowell18,

You may be able to find a replacement key that matches the lock number.  If so, that's Awesome!  But there is one caveat.  Hopefully, it has not already been modified (Re-Keyed) in the past.

If your guy has a key with the same number, you require. I would say that it would be worth a shot.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 11:25:54 PM »
Need to see the keyhole.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »
 the key code is R6945 i need 2 if all possible..anybody know where i can find these would be great ..thanks

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 04:00:33 PM »
i have decided to see if anyone knows where i can get the mills vest pocket with a lock and keys....I was hoping to find the key by the number on my lock but at this point i figure to just buy the lock with keys..Any help would be great..thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 04:10:32 PM »
Again, contact Dave Bertin at the eBay site listed. He's back to answering messages now. He likely can re-key this lock OR he may have an original VP lock with keys. Give him a week or so and he should reply. We just messaged a few days ago.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 05:00:31 PM »
i tried him with no luck on either..thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 09:02:10 AM »
i tried him with no luck on either..thanks

Well heck! I'll keep poking around.
Ed?? Maybe Ed will chime in again.  :yes:

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »
great thanks again

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 07:52:44 AM »
Rpowell18,

It seems odd that your lock shown in the above photo shows it in the unlocked position.  Normally, Mills locks will not allow the key to be removed when it's unlocked.  I am wondering if the tumblers have already been filed or removed.  Have you tried using a screwdriver to operate the lock? Or can you freely move the cam by hand?  Is a key broken off in it?

On a couple of trade stimulators, I have the tumblers were removed and a screwdriver or key that fits will operate the lock.

If you have a spare Mills key, you can dissemble the lock by removing the cam and pulling the barrel assembly out of the housing.  Then insert a Mills key and file the tumblers sticking up smooth to the barrel.  Once that is done. Insert the barrel assembly back into the lock housing and it should rotate with the key.  The only other thing that you will need to do is "peen" the brass tabs that hold the cam into place.

Hopefully, this makes some sense as I don't have photos to detail the procedure.  I have done this with Mills front load and back door locks, and it is not that difficult.

If this sound like something, you want to attempt I can take a couple photos showing basically what needs to be done.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 08:07:29 AM »
The lock is clear..i found another mills key that went into the lock but would turn it ..i was able to wiggle the key out to open it..When i got the machine from eBay it  was somehow  turned enough to lock it ..it will not move with a screwdriver or by hand either .There was no key with it lucky i have several mills machines with keys..

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 07:07:30 AM »
Rpowell,

I just came across this video.  It basically details what I stated above.  I know it's not a VP lock but it's the same procedure.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:23:33 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 02:19:58 PM »
thanks for the Post..i have decided to send the lock  to my Guy in California to have key made ..i found out there is also a thickness factor with the keys on these locks which i wasn't aware of and he has a machine mills key machine to cut keys ...thanks again

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2022, 05:12:29 PM »
Squires was able to rebuild the vest pocket lock and get it back to full working order and it was reasonable price..He rekeyed it ..The lock was destroyed inside.. all pins were replaced inside because they were so bent up..He has all the original Mills machines to repair amything..

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2023, 04:26:00 PM »
Little late reply here... but what did he charge for re-keying?

May 17 update: I just send them a message asking, but if you log in sometime, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 09:18:56 AM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal