New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: UPGRADING your bill validator to WBA 12/13 (see reply #9)  (Read 2334 times)

Offline DESERTdogs

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DESERTdogs New User has no influence.
  • NLG
UPGRADING your bill validator to WBA 12/13 (see reply #9)
« on: April 14, 2022, 08:28:10 PM »
I just bought this Double Diamond Deluxe s-plus machine without a Bill Validator. I was told that it should have a model DBV-145-SS-6031-B022 bill validator. Is this correct and if so, where can I purchase a complete working unit or purchase a non-working unit and have it repaired? This is my first slot machine and I am totally in the dark about parts and repair.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 08:38:53 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Double Diamond Deluxe Bill Validator
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 08:54:27 PM »
You are better off getting a WBA 12/13 validator for your S+.  The DBV line is older and has less bill acceptance choices. The latest software for the s+ for the WBA 12/13 will allow new colored $5's but not colored $100's. All other bills will work.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline gameking6

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • gameking6 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 03:05:06 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the WBA 12/13 will not work with the S-plus. I think the newest one you can use is the DBV-200 and that would be better than the 45SS they come up in the for sale section and I'm sure one of the sponsored vendors has one as well.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
WBA 12/13 does indeed work in the S+.  You have to change everything out (power supply, housing, validator, cash can, duck bill, etc).

Offline DESERTdogs

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 05:18:59 PM »
As far the WBA 12/13 validator working in a S-Plus machine, so far we have 2-yes and 1-no. If this definitely works in a S-Plus, where would I get one along with all the necessary parts to change out and would a novice like myself be able to install it? Thanks everyone for your help.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 05:28:19 PM »
I got the whole WBA set up from Jim @ Midwest Slots.  I'd suggest PM user Jim here to ask if he has what you need.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »
As far the WBA 12/13 validator working in a S-Plus machine, so far we have 2-yes and 1-no. If this definitely works in a S-Plus...

The two members that said that the WBA 12/13 works in an S+ are experienced Sr. NLG Members.
f I were you, I'd listen to them.  :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 07:11:58 PM »
Yes it works on s+.  You need to remove all the 145 or 200 crap and add the needed wba12/13 stuff including the power supply and the firmware must be ID023.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 09:37:36 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 09:16:59 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the WBA 12/13 will not work with the S-plus. I think the newest one you can use is the DBV-200 and that would be better than the 45SS they come up in the for sale section and I'm sure one of the sponsored vendors has one as well.

Well... it's a good thing I said "if I'm not mistaken" and "I think" My information had come from a slot tech in Vegas, who apparently didn't know what he was talking about.
My apologies.

Good luck DESERTdogs

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 09:30:36 AM »
Yes, you can upgrade to a WBA in a S plus. However, there is one MAJOR obstacle that has to dealt with in order to do the upgrade.
It is not difficult to do, just takes a little time and patience to complete.
There are two types of S plus cabinets out in circulation, the old version and the newer version. To the unsuspecting person these differences would not be obvious but none the less have to be dealt with. and the differences involve the bill acceptor
old version machine:  has a cash can shelf that is tach welded in place to the bottom of the bill acceptor metal housing, this has to come out in order to use the WBA cash can. I find it is easier to remove the housing from the machine and drill out the four tach welds to remove the part.
To remove the housing you must remove the head and transport unit ( undo the twist nuts on the front of the shelf assembly( this is the part that the head and transport slide into and hold the cash can) disconnect the wiring from the left side and the right side, push down on the red handle to disengage the cash can gear train and remove the unit.
remove the cash can bu pushing down on the lever on the right top.
remove two screws from the backwall of the shelf assembly, and either one or two from the left side metal housing.and the one screw holding the housing to the reel shelf assembly.
you should be able to remove the shelf assembly at this point.
this part is a little tricky to do but will save you time and stress when installing the new shelf assembly for the WBA, that is to loosen the first nut holding the reel shelf to the right side wall cabinet. this allows you to raise up the reel shelf 1/2 inch in order to pivot the WBA shelf assembly into place.
now to remove the metal housing from the machine, remove the three nuts from the right side, and two from underneath,remove the black power supply from the housing,unplug from the machine connector in the back. now the housing can be removed. drill out
 the tach welds and reinstall.
newer version machines have one screw to remove and that plate will come out, not necessary to remove metal housing from machine.
now install the new shelf assembly, this is where loosening that nut will allow you to lift up on the reel shelf and pivot the shelf into place, secure with the screws on the left and backwall, tighten the nut on the side wall, put the screw back in the housing to reel shelf. push the wire harness connectors out the back of the metal houding.
install the new power supply on the side of the metal housing, connect the two connectors 9 5pin and the two pin) plug the power supply into the machine connector.
now install the new head and transport and cash can.
the head is supplied with a notched out bezel, this is the other difference between the old and newer machines, the door bezel, some were made for 145/200 bezels, the newer was for WBA, the notched bezel allows mating with either!
the only item left to do is complete the wiring change for the door bezel light .
the 145/200 had a black connector with two wires in the connector, this plugged into the back of the 145/200 head, this has to be cut off about 1/2 from the connector.
you will be supplied with a new two pin connector that you will have to connect to those two wires.
the easiest way to do this so the lights will come on the door bezel is to , turn on the machine power, enter the test mode, (press the white test button) advance to the test 10_1, advance within that menu to 27_1, now strip the two wires that were cut off, and attach one to one of the new connector, connect the second set of wires, see if the lamps come on, if not swap the two wires, this should light the lamps provided they are good. ( you can use the denomination lamp socket to test the bulbs.

you should be finished with the installation at this point. hopefully, you bill unit was enabled . is so when you close the door after a few seconds the bill lamp bezel should come on and the unit should work.

Hope this helps  and answers anyones questions on how to install a WBA into a S plus machine. I may have omitted something but you see it is common sense approach ,nothing mysterious, need some tools and a little mechanical know how.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline DESERTdogs

• NLG
Re: UPGRADING your bill validator to WBA 12/13 (see reply #9)
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »
Wow, really impressed with all the help and technical know how from everyone. Thanks so much. One question for Jim, do you have a complete setup that is for sale?

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 10:11:57 PM »
Since I now know I can use a WBA 12/13 on the S plus, I have a question:
At this time my sisters Double Diamond Deluxe S plus has a non functioning DBV 45-SS ID023 in it and I have a WBA 13-SS IDO 24 that I removed from a GameKing that worked perfectly for bills but was inconsistent with the TITO tickets (not an issue for my sisters S plus) I have for the WBA
-WBA 13-SS IDO 24 Validator
-Housing
-Cash can
What else do I need to add to the list to install the WBA 13-SS IDO 24 into my sisters S Plus? What is the latest firmware it can use?
Thank you.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 10:45:14 PM »
You will need to change the eprom to latest firmware for ID022-23 for S+.  Read Jims post for other answers.  Are the cash can guide rails welded or screwed onto bottom plate?

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 12:35:35 AM »
The machine is at my sisters so I'm not sure if the cash can guide rails are welded or screwed onto bottom plate. However, that shouldn't matter as far as what I need to complete the transfer?
It looks like what I will need is:
- Eprom with latest firmware for ID022-23 for S+
  Is there a preferred IDO 22 or 23 (or is it the same) What firmware # would that be?
- Power supply
- Door bezel
- wiring for door bezel light
  a new two pin connector that I will have to connect the two wires on the new bezel (will this come with the new bezel or is this something I can make and if so is there a diagram?)
Is this the complete list? I need to make sure I get everything I will need so I can install it when I visit my sister. I usually only get a weekend,  so I won't have time to order anything when I'm there.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2022, 06:11:59 AM »
If it is screwed in, the cabinet is newer and you will not need a modified bezel, standard s2000 bezel will fit.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 07:23:21 AM »
I don't like to assume anything !!  is the current wba unit you have a flash or eprom unit?  flip it over and look at the board, if there is an eprom in a socket then you only need to change that for S plus operation, yes, both IDO22 and 23 are in the new software, it will take all bills Except the new 100.

in order to do the transfer, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE PLATE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUSING, otherwise the new cash can will not fit.

so as it stands, you would need:
eprom or have the unit flashed , power supply, notch the current bezel to fit the door bezel, ( remove 1/2 from right side of bezel as you look at it) ,a two pin connector.
you may also need a set/ clear chip if you don't have those.

I have all the parts you need. 

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline gameking6

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 11:01:35 AM »
PM sent

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal