New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 going crazy!  (Read 1265 times)

Offline theycallmewayno

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • theycallmewayno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 going crazy!
« on: May 04, 2022, 05:07:56 PM »
I'm assuming it could be a bad power supply or ballast but anyone ever turn on the s2000 and It starts flickering leds on board, printer, and bill validator. I tried removing motherboard and powering and same issue. Super weird.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 08:24:51 AM by theycallmewayno »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S2000 going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 05:25:11 PM »
Could be a bad PS. A short somewhere. Disconnect Printer, BV, and all 3 ballast and see if it goes away.

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 05:44:52 PM »
I'll give it a shot disconnecting all those at same time and will post outcome. I have extra top power supply for mpu but if its the power supply for the externals I'll have to buy from Jim if he has one. Thank you for such a quick reply!

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 05:58:41 PM »
Upper power supply for mpu. Replaced and back to business!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 06:24:36 PM »
20 year old S2000 power supplies behind the reels are all dying out....post after post on NLG.

Probably no air moving in the cabinet to cool them down at all.
Check your clogged fans in the cabinet or you will kill the one you just put in.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:36:17 PM »
Correct! When I looked in upper area by topper the fan was disconnected.  Reconnected when I put in replacement. Should get some more years out of it. I can't state enough how much I appreciate this group of people here! This machine was not mine so now I have to buy another power supply! 😀

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 10:30:29 AM »
20 year old S2000 power supplies behind the reels are all dying out....post after post on NLG.

Probably no air moving in the cabinet to cool them down at all.
Check your clogged fans in the cabinet or you will kill the one you just put in.

I have about 80 of them waiting for me to rebuild them.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 04:34:12 PM »
Retro. Would you mind sharing some info? I have a dozen or more need repaired. I know caps are the most common failure component, but I have recapped a couple and still do not work. Wondering what are the other common failure components on these PS?  I think I have 4 different manufactures as well. Is there one of them that has less failured components or preferred over the others? Thank You !! Tim

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »
99% of them i run into are caps. If your power supply has a little daughter card you have to replace the caps on this card if you don’t sin-in will be out of spec and the board will stay in watch dog rest. These caps are frequently not included in cap kits even though they are the most common failure for that power supply. Another power supply has a 2.2uf 400v cap again not always included in the kit frequently goes bad. If even with those caps replaced they don’t work other frequent problems are solder joints on transformers, bridge rectifiers, transistors and optocouplers. 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 05:36:22 AM »
Thank You Very Much for the info!  I didn't know there was cap kits available. Who sells the cap kits?

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 08:00:12 AM »
Try mouser website. I buy all my caps from there and with shipping they were 30 bucks for all on the power supply. If you have to open power supply you might as well replace All. Don't always trust just because they look good they are good. Mine has massive leakage from 3 caps but again I'll just replace all to be safe! Good luck!

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 07:54:53 AM »
Check this out if you are working on supplies and caps -

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31351.0

I have the caps.  I repair too but my turn around time is long (price is right!) - working on fixing that - I should be good after July. 

PM if you want more info.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »
Check this out if you are working on supplies and caps -

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31351.0

I have the caps.  I repair too but my turn around time is long (price is right!) - working on fixing that - I should be good after July. 

PM if you want more info.

SO AWESOME AND HELPFUL! THANK YOU!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal