New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Meter disconnect error  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
S2000 Meter disconnect error
« on: May 14, 2022, 06:53:04 PM »
Has an enhanced board, looks clean. Refurb from spin.

Machine has $561 in credits, but meter disconnect error.

When I restart with IO card nearest the mpu unplugged, the backlights work.
5 reel triple double stars.  Button deck is not lit.

Have not tried clear yet.

Thinking this is an IO error?

Also, will these mains support an enhance sound card?

Thanks!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Meter disconnect error
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 07:01:24 PM »
Sounds like the IO cards on the door are suspect.
Yes enhanced will support sound simm. It goes on the card with the game chips on it
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 07:03:09 PM »
Those 363s may cause reel tilts at boot up with 1270 board.  523s would be better.

EDIT:  Didn't notice it was a 5 reel game, sound simm probably won't work.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:41:21 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 07:03:57 PM »
This is a senet error do not clear if you do you may be stuck un able to reprogram the machine. If you think its a ghost error pull the battery a few seconds put it back boot the machine when you get an error make sure the door is open turn the key 4 times follow instructions on the display.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 09:58:44 PM »
Meters disconnected is most commonly caused by a bad cabinet I/O and has nothing to do with the door I/O card(s). Your stepper base chip most likely does not support enhanced sound options. I guess you are referring to the SG chips when you say "mains". It is not a Bally. 523s or 598s will work much better on that 1270 as Mark suggested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 06:26:39 AM »
This is a SENET input problem and can be caused by any bad I/O card, backplane, or the MPU. Check for bent connector pins on the MPU as well.
Also, I don't think enhanced sounds work on the 5 reel Triple Double variants.  (?)
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 02:46:57 PM »
I tried another known working enhanced board, but problem persisted.

Best  to replace all of the IO cards, or just start with the one nearest the MPU?

It is in the first photo.

Also,  one of the reel backlights is out.  Problem follows reel when swapped.

What is the correct replacement part?
Thanks!

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 04:07:38 PM »
Reel backlights are also sent try unplugging the harness that goes from the cabinet io board to the reel driver and see if you still get the meter disconnect error.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 03:19:30 AM »
With the cabinet IO card installed, but not connected, 4/5 reel lights are on, but still shows meter disconnected.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 01:05:54 PM »
I replaced the cabinet OI card and meter disconnect persists.

Meters are jumped, new board.

Maybe bad motherboard?   

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 08:02:23 AM »
I replaced the cabinet OI card and meter disconnect persists.

Meters are jumped, new board.

Maybe bad motherboard?

We are going through a very similar situation!  I hope your able to find it.  If you do let us know! 
I have another 5 reel that works with the same led panel for the backlit reel as you and mine too would follow the reel when I swapped them out to be sure it was the led panel and not something else.  I was not able to find the panel but instead had to order a whole reel from spininc with the panel installed in order to get the panel itself.  So you may have to go that route too.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 08:02:41 AM »
We are going through a very similar situation!  I hope your able to find it.  If you do let us know! 

Didn't you find out that is was loose wiring you pushed back into some connector in your post on Reply #7?
"I pushed the wires connected to the pins that make contact too the motherboard on both ends and the darn machine fired up."...>>>

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=36200.msg192020#msg192020
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 01:10:38 PM »
^That wasn’t me, but I’m in the same boat as that poster.

Have replaced all 3 i/o cards, mpu, motherboard, meter is jumped.

Ram clear, sets up as expected, and meter disconnect error pops up.

I looked pretty closely at the wire ends, but did not notice anything loose.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2022, 03:30:05 PM »
It’s also showing “1” in total bet and on the left l.

Not sure this matters at all.

Not really sure what to try next.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 04:30:59 PM »
Tried the de-ox, no change.

Separated the meter wire bundle, no obvious damage.  Hard sliced the two meter wires.

Juggled everything on the motherboard,  about ready to smash it.

Pushed all the wires hard into their harness.

Then open and shut….
And I’m in business.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2022, 06:47:04 AM »
"Pushed all the wires hard into their harness.

Then open and shut….
And I’m in business."

Yay!  :cool_thumb_up:

Patience pays off!
Remember....this is a hobby...not a job! haha
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 06:21:35 AM »
I started testing the various parts that I swapped on this machine to see if they were 100%.

The original board that still has a varta & some light corrosion, states coin-in jam.

The known good board does not.  This is a varta damage issue, correct?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal