New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trying to fix things on my IGT PE+  (Read 1933 times)

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Trying to fix things on my IGT PE+
« on: May 21, 2022, 04:42:42 PM »
Hi All,
I'm trying to fix little issues with this PE Plus machine and the biggest issue at the moment is quarters getting stuck as they are fed into the quarter slot. This apparently was such an issue with the previous owner that he drilled a hole in the quarter head and installed a plunger of sorts to push down on the lever inside which helps the coins drop... frankly that's hit or miss. I'm trying to understand where they are getting stuck because it seems as if they have a clear path and should go freely into the hopper. Has anyone dealt with this issue and resolved it? Secondly, periodically my monitor makes a high pitched whistle sort of noise which comes and goes... any idea why? I'm also missing the locking device and would like to find one to replace the missing device.
I appreciate any feedback as always and thanks in advance, Jim

Offline Chris-socal

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: Trying to fix things on my IGT PE+
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 12:07:04 AM »
Regarding the coin acceptor, I assume it is a validator and not a comparitor. Meaning there isn’t a sample coin.
The mech should come out relatively easy.  On a 25c mech there is a screw that adjusts the width of the channel. If that has worn a little or backed out just a little bit the quarter will get stuck, when you press the eject button you are really opening that channel wide enough to drop out almost any coin.. Most 25c mechs also have a bouncer that requires the coin to be reasonably close to the weight of a quarter, but that usually returns the quarter automatically to the exit tray if it fails. All of the moving pieces need to rotate easily. Don’t use WD40 or anything like that, just clean…it is important that everything is clean and clear in the entire path of travel. There is a good YouTube video on how a common 25c mech works.
Hopefully someone will jump in with any known issues on that game format…and the CRT issue.
Chris

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 07:18:38 AM »
SilverFerret,

I may have the locking parts you need as I have a game I will be parting out. I'll PM you later to confirm.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:13 AM »
SilverFerret,

I may have the locking parts you need as I have a game I will be parting out. I'll PM you later to confirm.
Awesome thanks. Jim

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 07:56:49 AM »
SilverFerret,

I do have those parts.  PM has been sent. 

As for the coin alignment.  You may try putting a coin within a length of scotch tape and lower it thru the coin head.  This way you may see which direction it needs to be aligned.  It's hard to tell in the photo but, there are 4 plastic spacers that hold the coin mech into place if those are not in the right place that could be an issue.  Also, it looks like a mechanical (plastic) coin mech.  It may just need cleaning an adjustment as stated above.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »
SilverFerret,

I do have those parts.  PM has been sent. 

As for the coin alignment.  You may try putting a coin within a length of scotch tape and lower it thru the coin head.  This way you may see which direction it needs to be aligned.  It's hard to tell in the photo but, there are 4 plastic spacers that hold the coin mech into place if those are not in the right place that could be an issue.  Also, it looks like a mechanical (plastic) coin mech.  It may just need cleaning an adjustment as stated above.
Yes it's plastic and I'm tinkering with it to see what I can do to help it along.
Thanks, Jim

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 12:38:50 PM »
Make sure you have the right acceptor, it appears to be a Imonex plastic acceptor, these were very reliable and worked very well!

However, they made different types . should have a number stamped on it somewhere, 925,etc.
take it out of the bracket, and see if it works just holding it, maybe a coin lockout is interfering with the operation.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 01:28:14 PM »
Make sure you have the right acceptor, it appears to be a Imonex plastic acceptor, these were very reliable and worked very well!

However, they made different types . should have a number stamped on it somewhere, 925,etc.
take it out of the bracket, and see if it works just holding it, maybe a coin lockout is interfering with the operation.

Hope this helps

Jim

Yes it is an Imonex MOD. 950 900-01
There doesn't appear to be much to do with it as far as cleaning. I'm also not sure where a coin lock out is on this. It seems to be pretty straight forward with one door sort of thing otherwise just slots for the quarter to run through.
One thing in your response that is making me question something is that you say it would have a number like 925 yet mines 950. This doesn't mean this is one for a 50 cent machine with the 950 and the 925 would be for a quarter machine does it?
Thanks for the input, Jim

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal