New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Question about JCM WBA operation  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Wayout440

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wayout440 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Question about JCM WBA operation
« on: March 26, 2023, 01:09:44 AM »
I have a JCM WBA not working in a Bally Gamemaker.  It has the two LEDs lit solid on the transport mainboard but never cycles and no comm in the game diagnostics.  For troubleshooting purposes, is the head required to be installed for communication?  Im trying to determine if the head is bad or if elsewhere (cable and back to game)  I have a lifetime of professional electronics experience, but this is the first time trying to repair a bill validator.   It worked once, but after I removed the cash can and put it back in never worked again.  I have not found anything loose.  Thanks, Wayout.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Question about JCM WBA operation
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 06:50:45 AM »
Yes it has to have the head installed so it's detected properly. Have you removed the transport and reinstalled it? Is the cashbox in fully and right side up? Is the cashbox door closed fully?

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 09:54:09 AM »
Yes to all those.  I was convinced that it was possibly the main transport unit so I bought a second one.  I've disassemble the head, no solder problems, cracked pins, connectors o.k.  I've had that apart and back together several times and nothing obvious found.  Maybe need a new head in addition to transport.  I see that when you can even find them, they certainly are not cheap.  At least I can play coins.  Just sucks because it would be nice to get it all working.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 06:10:42 PM »
Check with Jim Midwest Slots for WBA

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »
I sent an email to Jim, but so far no response.  Can anyone tell me about this Bally adapter board?  I have not found any info on it.  It appears to be some sort of interface for a 5 to 6 wire plug.  It is in my Bally Gamemaker attached to the wiring for the JCM WBA validator.  I'm wondering if it is really even necessary, as from the schematics there are only a couple of signals, power, and ground.  I'm just wondering if this board might be contributing to my problems.  What does it do? Is it really necessary? (i.e. could it be bypassed?)  Also bundled together with some wires with short LED strips attached.  Please forgive me, I'm new at the slot tech world.  Thanks,
Dave

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 05:55:05 PM »
I have not received any correspondence from you, the number listed is a land line, so no text or ?. send me a pm.

not sure what wba is used in a Bally game maker, probably just a regular wba with Bally software protocol, ID003.

long time since I had a Bally Gamemaker in the shop.

Sunrise side, can you confirm this?  don't need RS232 board??

Scott, maybe you can confirm this as well?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:12:58 PM »
Sorry Jim, what I found was only by Googling:

jim@midwestslots.com

I guess that isn't you then, I apologize.  I can try sending you the content as a PM.  Thanks, Dave

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 05:14:27 AM »
FWIW, the email content follows, in case anyone else can help.

I recently purchased a used Bally Gamemaker and have been trying to get the JCM bill validator working.  It never cycles on start up.  Occasionally I can get it to report enabled in the diagnostics and once I was able to get it to take a bill in.

I bought a second transport unit thinking it might help either fix it or narrow down the problem.  Both transports get two solid red LED indicators, so now I am thinking something is wrong with the head circuit boards.  I am well versedin electronics, decades of experience...but the bill validator has me stumped.

I am asking if you have any heads available to purchase.  Another option is I can send you my two transport units and head, and if you can come up with a complete unit from that, I'll pay for your services and parts and you can have whatever parts remain.

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:02 AM »
Did you try the stand alone test using the machine for power only?

remove the cash can,  put switches 123-8 down, (all should be up for normal operation) switch 8 is first switch toward the front, with the power off, put in machine, now power on, flip switch 8 up, unit should cycle briefly, now if it is working you should be able to insert bills into the unit it will take them in and deposit them where the cash can would have been.

If it does this then the unit is doing what it should be doing, FYI, the heads completely interchangeable, so the head from the purchased unit could be put on the original unit and vise versa.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 12:46:22 PM »
I tried that exactly with both transports.  No cycle, will not pull a bill in.  One time, one transport sounded like a one second creak of the motor, but no cycle and no bill pulled in.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 01:05:13 PM »
What version GM do you have? Bally Alpha and S9000 use WBA with the card on the side of the WBA.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2023, 01:13:26 PM »
If that board is in the cabinet of your machine for the WBA, it is needed. It could be defective and that is your problem. You can swap heads to any machine so you can test them.

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 01:25:30 PM »
The game is a Bally V7200.  Just going by the info from the previous owner, he said the BV worked, but only with old bills.  I could not verify it because it was stuck in with a saferam error.  He was selling because he had neither time nor techical ability to fix.  I assume since the board is in there, that it worked, and one time it worked for me.  When I removed the few test bills from the cash can, it stopped working and I haven't been able to get it working again.  I don't have another machine to test the head in, but now I have two transports.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 02:18:29 PM »
Jim may have a head for sale.

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
I hope,  I couldn't find schematic for the head, just wiring diagram.  Spin Inc supposedly has heads in stock for $75 (plus shipping is going to be about $100). I already spent $50 on getting a transport.  I'm hoping to get a working head for something a little less.  I dont want to gamble on paying a lot for the head if that turns out to not solve the problem.  I don't need it that badly since I can play it on quarters.  It is just annoying that I can't get the whole game working 100%.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 01:58:07 PM »
You're in Ohio....there's a million slot shops all over your state...you have to order from Florida?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »
Okay,, please bear with me, I am new to slots.  Please share with me one of these many  Ohio vendors that has a tested  and working WBA head for under $75 and I will likely order one.

Online a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 03:14:58 PM »
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/

The home page has links. SMU is in Tipp City near Dayton.  I'm in Canada,  so shipping would be too high. I do have a lot of them though.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Wayout440

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2023, 01:45:42 PM »
I have installed a new WBA head and now the system initialized!  The green lights are on bill acceptor front of game.  I was caught not having many bills to test with.  Just two $5 U.S. bills.  The game accepted the first and registered $5.00 in credits.  It would just spit back out the second bill.  If I cashed out the credits in quarters, it would accept the second $5 bill and stack it.  What might be going on?  It seems working.  I can provide more info when I get more test bills of all denominations.  All the dip switches are off so I think should accept all denoms.  Thanks!

Online a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 02:05:39 PM »
Sounds like a limit setting is less than $10, but at least $5

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal