New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin Optics and Hopper Optic All Read Zero  (Read 23171 times)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Coin Optics and Hopper Optic All Read Zero
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »
Could the wrong comparitor be causing me any issues?  The harness I have only fits the left one...These are the two I have:

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2018, 01:32:55 PM »
Every 16D I search for has green. 16A has a red light

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
I just looked thru mine 1 has a green lite, 4 have red lights.  All have grey wires. (no green wires)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
Grey wires are for AC powered comparators, green for DC.
You have the correct comparator.
LED color doesn't matter.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Test button on optics should work if comparitor is unplugged.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »
See the attached drawing.
J10 provides signals and reads signals on the door, like the coin optics and door LED and receiver.
Make sure none of those pins on the backplane are not bent over.
Especially the one nearest the right edge of the board.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »
So I need a comparitor with grey wires?  Both coin and hopper optics are getting no power. Anyone live near Central PA? Lol

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »
See the attached drawing.
J10 provides signals and reads signals on the door, like the coin optics and door LED and receiver.
Make sure none of those pins on the backplane are not bent over.
Especially the one nearest the right edge of the board.

My board is in slightly different order. I took the board out and it says Players Edge 2 on it. My j10 is along the bottom row

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »
Does anyone by any chance have the manuals for the PE+?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »
PM me your email address and I will send you one.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »
Ok so the Manual says pins on J50 should be 8 volts at 1,3 and 4. How do I measure these with my meter? This molex is super small

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2018, 08:42:18 PM »
with super small meter leaders or shove a small sewing needle in the same hole and measure across the needles.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »
So i "Think" I am not getting enough voltage to the orange harness at J50...the manual states i should get around 8 volts at certain pins...im def not getting 8 volts...could that harness just be bad? 

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2018, 07:40:03 AM »
so im going thru the MPU and the Motherboard...I'm getting no resistance on R3 and R2...could these possibly be my issue?  I get the continuity on the backside of the board though...so I don't know....anyone know any one who repairs these boards if there are issues?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2018, 11:32:25 AM »
I found this in an old manual for PE+ machine. What voltage do you get on the coin comparitor power connector on the left side of the cc-16, do you get 24 volts DC on the yellow wire?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »
I’m getting 26v at the yellow wire on the harness

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »
That sounds like your wiring harness is good to the coin comparitor. Was the CC-16 coin comparitor you bought a good working one, or an unknown take-your-chances one?

Also, even if the CC-16 is bad I *think* your coin optics boards would work anyway. There are 2 coin optic boards, both facing each other. One board has the optic tx parts, the other board had the optic rx parts. The boards get power from the machine and when a coin or other object blocks the light from the coin optic tx the coin optic rx board detects that and sends a signal to the mpu board to add a credit. Also, the little switch on the coin optic outer board should add test credits when pushed. If not already done, maybe need to verify power is getting to the coin optic boards. Does it's wiring harness look ok?

Also, I think you mentioned earlier that you replaced the coin optic boards, or removed them and reinstalled them? I think there is a plate in between the boards that has holes in it for the light from the optic tx to pass thru. Plus there is a coin spacer in there. Did you get all of that assembled right, you don't have anything permanently blocking the optic tx light so it can't get over to the optic rx board? And there is a short ribbon cable that connect between the two coin optic boards, it is fragile and can get broken during handling.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »
So here is an interesting one. I just plugged in the optics board and tested the boards harness and board while plugged in. I’m getting on some pins between 10v and 13v at the optics board. Could it be that both bords are just dead??

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
answers to questions in reply#56 above?? - I'm on the verge of losing interest here.   :garfield:

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »
The 2 I have could very well be considered "take a chance" coin comparators..i don't have the correct harness for the one with the green wires so I can't try it to be sure...the one I've been using has the 2 grey wires.  The little switch on both optics I have don't work...but I am def getting power to the optics board as i checked each pin when it was plugged into the board...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal