New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?  (Read 28196 times)

Offline jidrd55

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • jidrd55 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?
« on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:06 PM »
My machine has a CC-33 comparator, without the cover as well, I want to convert from $1 tokens to quarters, would I have to change the comparator and the hopper?  My machine is an IGT Haywire, I bought it a couple of days ago, the battery on the CPU board burst and leaked acid onto one of the starters mpu board capacitors which fell off. Also, the acid corroded the mpu transformer. I am looking at a new board on eBay, waiting for a response from the seller. Honestly, does anyone believe this machine can be saved?

(edit- this post and the ones down to reply#3 were moved from the Coin Comparitor board)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:22:27 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
If the wiring is intact, then I would think the machine can be fixed. Your best thing is to start your own repair thread under IGT S+. Post pictures too, they are helpful to us.

(edit- this post and the ones down to reply#3 were moved from the Coin Comparitor board)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:12:04 PM by rokgpsman »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »
...My machine has a CC-33 comparator, without the cover as well, I want to convert from $1 tokens to quarters, would I have to change the comparator and the hopper?  My machine is an IGT Haywire, I bought it a couple of days ago, the battery on the CPU board burst and leaked acid onto one of the starters which fell off also the acid corroded the transformer. I am looking at a new board on eBay, waiting for a response from seller. Honestly does anyone believe this machine can be saved?

Below is a link to the IGT S+ forum area, just click and then look for the "New Topic" button to post your problem description.  In general, when you convert a machine from $1 size coins/tokens to quarters you will need to change some of the hopper parts. If the coin comparitor is a CC-33 it was designed for larger coins, so it would need replaced with a CC-16. Also, right below the coin comparitor are the coin optic boards, they have a plastic spacer between them that is sized according to what coin the machine uses. Most people also change the coin head where you insert the coin into the machine so that it is the right size slot for a quarter.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0

Most people here would say that any machine can be saved and returned to working condition if you apply enough time, money and willingness to do the work. Of course those three things vary from one person to another. Machines that have been in floods or have had mice living in them and chewing on wiring are some of the worst to work on.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:16:37 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 02:18:51 AM »
Thank you Amechanic, sorry for high jacking this thread, just learning my way around this forum. I really appreciate it.
rokgpsman-Thank you for your insight, I will start my own thread after work today and post pictures. No chewed wires or flooding so I'm hopeful it can be fixed. I paid $100 for it so even if it cost a few hundred to  fix  I feel like I'm still ahead of the game. Thanks again for the help.

(edit- this post and the ones above it were moved from the Coin Comparitor board)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:13:30 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 04:05:06 PM »
My machine is an IGT Haywire, I bought it a couple of days ago. The battery on the CPU board burst and leaked acid onto one of the starters (edit- capacitors) which fell off. Also the acid corroded the transformer. I am looking at a new board on eBay, waiting for a response from seller. Honestly, does anyone believe this machine can be saved? I am adding some pics to show the damage from the battery acid, it looks as if the board, not sure of it's name, on the bottom where the cpu board sits needs to be switched out as well. Also, can anyone tell me what is missing from the bill accepter?

(edit to correct "starters", meant to say "capacitors")

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:18:34 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 04:34:52 PM »
We need to see the pictures. Not sure how the battery could leak on a starter. They are in the inside of the door.  The MPU  is enclosed and away from the starters.
Please post a picture of the entire machine and the MPU board (MPU/chassis - back bottom of machine, pull up and lift out).
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
Yes, it can be fixed. A replacement MPU at least. May need the mother board in bottom of machine if acid ate it bad too
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
Hopefully these are the right photos!  :Scratch-Head:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:46:24 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »
That's the mother board. Was there an MPU plugged into that? If so, please take a photo of that and post.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »
 I keep getting file too large message, I will figure this out tomorrow, please remember- patience is a virtue! as I sling this phone across the room. :drool04:

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
Attachments have to be less than 1MB.  Resize as necessary to get it under that and it will post. 

Your motherboard looks destroyed by the acid for sure.  Never saw a S+ lithium battery leak like that though.  Post pictures of the MPU board when u can.  I'm thinking someone put an alkaline battery in it?

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »
Ok, the battery is in the picture.

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »
This is it! I hope!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »
You may need the harness inside there that connects tp the motherboard as well. You will need to remove the entire metal MPU  housing and clean the acid before installing new boards and harness.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »
Your top picture is of the mother board. The MPU board plugs into it. It should be mounted on a silver metal tray with a black knob. Take a wider picture just a little farther away. As for posting here it can be tricky. I have figured out with my I Phone, if I email my pics to myself it ask how big I want the file. I down size to the med/lg file not the actual size.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »
They make 2 different MPU boards for the S+ machines. 16MHz and 10mhz. Yours is the 10mhz version, you can tell by the blue volume wheel on the top. The 16MHz boards don’t have that, you control the volume in the game settings. The other thing I see is that your missing your Reel Prom and Game prom chips.
And remember...

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »
This is it! I hope!
Wow!  I've never seen a S+ lithium battery leak like that before, it did a lot of damage!  I'd take a look at the wiring and connectors that plug into the motherboard.  If they're damaged too it may not be worth trying to fix it.  If they look to be OK then you could replace the motherboard and MPU board and see what other problems it may have.  Like Amechanic said though you're missing the Game and Reel chips too. 

Haywire is a pretty popular game, so the reel strips and glass do have some value.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 10:53:03 PM »
Your bill acceptor is missing the DBV-200 "head" unit. You can still find those if you want to replace it. The DBV-200 connects to those loose cables that are in front of the bill acceptor stacker mechanism. And obviously you need a belly glass (unless you removed it).

The motherboard is the board mounted horizontally in the bottom of the machine. The mpu (cpu) board plugs into the motherboard from above and stands vertically. Both boards can be bought for reasonably low cost. But as mentioned earlier you will need to inspect your wiring and wiring connectors to make sure they are in good condition. If the wiring harness needs replacement it can probably be obtained from a good IGT S+ parts dealer such as Jim at Midwest Slots, among others here on NLG.

When you receive the replacement mpu board it likely will not have the required SS and SP game chips installed. So you will need to purchase those 2 chips (they are missing from your old mpu board). These are the large chips in sockets near each other.

Here is the NLG S+ information page for your 2 coin Haywire machine:
http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Haywire%20(2%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

You can select any of the SS chips shown in the chart. Notice that they have different player winning percentages, ranging from 75% to 98%. Most owners like their machine to have a higher percentage since that makes it more fun to play.

Haywire is what IGT calls a "TYPE 2" game, so for your SP chip you will need to select an SP chip that is compatible with Type 2 games, such as SP873 or SP1274. Also you will need to pick an SP chip that is compatible with the version of MPU board that you buy. Some SP chips are only for the 10mhz boards, others are only for the 16mhz boards.

List of most (but not all) SP chips:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847

Your machine has a denomination sticker of $1 on the front. This means it is likely setup for that large size coin. If you decide you want the machine to use quarters you will probably need to change some of the coin handling parts, such as parts on the hopper, the coin comparitor, and the coin spacer in between the coin optics boards. Also, the coin head where you insert the coin into the machine. You can post photos of all those coin handling parts and folks here can tell what will need to be changed if you decide to convert it to quarters. Or you can use $1 coins/tokens and not have to change anything.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:39:23 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 02:42:04 AM »
Thanks for all the information, the wiring and harnesses all look good, I have been in touch with someone on this forum about the cpu board, is $60 a good price? So what is a ball park estimate, with the boards and game chips and getting the bill validater working, I'll work on converting $1 tokens to quarters and belly glass later. Would any of you fix it or just part it out and put the money towards a machine that is already up and running? Again, thanks for all the help.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:42 AM »
Your biggest hurdle is going to be finding the belly glass. This machines a toss up. If it had the glass for sure I would fix it, but with it missing parts and it’s others issues maybe not. I hope you got this at a cheap price.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal