New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Problem for Players Edge Poker  (Read 17558 times)

Offline Hiram

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hiram New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New Problem for Players Edge Poker
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
First, I can't thank AMECHANIC enough for fixing my monitor !! But once I fired it up, a new problem showed up. There is no sound and the screen has a "CMOS Data" message. I found the reset key lock on the side but I have no key for it ..and that explains why someone disconnected the wires and put a jumper on them. The Door sensor works ..Once I shut the Door, the CMOS Data message left and I kept hitting the white reset button inside and the screens changed but look garbled. I hope the screen message doesn't mean my Board is fried since I know nothing about fixing it. I'll post pictures of the garbled screen messages and hope one of you recognize what the problem is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:03:29 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: New Problem for Players Edge Poker
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:35:15 PM »
Is the battery on the mpu board good, has the correct voltage? The "CMOS Data" message refers to the cmos ram chip on the mpu board. If the data stored in the cmos ram chip gets garbled or corrupted then that message appears on the screen. The usual cause is because the battery on the mpu board has gone bad. You may have already replaced the battery, I think we talked about this before you got the monitor repaired.

After replacing the battery you try pressing AND HOLDING DOWN the white test button continuously for 10 seconds. That will clear & reset the CMOS ram data and should restore operation of the machine. On some PE machines it will ding when this process is done, but since your sound isn't working just hold the button down for 10 seconds.

For the no-sound problem make sure there is a speaker in the machine and that the speaker has its 2 wires connected on each end of the wires. Someone may have disconnected a speaker wire to silence the machine. If that checks ok then you can make sure the speaker is ok with a meter. Or step thru the setup menus with the white button to see if there is a setting that turns off the sound.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »
Thanks roc ...that data message went away once I closed the door. Would that mean the battery is ok ? I have no test equip to check the battery and was planning on changing it but , I've been on vacation and then work kept me off line. What about that jumper someone put between the reset lock wires ? Is that a problem ?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:51:05 PM »
The jackpot reset wires should not be jumpered together continuously. You only want to connect those wires momentarily, then they get disconnected from each other. That's what the reset switch does. So disconnect the 2 wires from each other that normally go to the reset switch. If someone lost the reset key then they may have rigged that jumper wire to be able to do a reset. But it shouldn't be connected all the time. You can try undoing that reset jumper and see how the machine acts. The reset key for that reset switch is usually a standard key called a "2341" key because that's the number stamped on it. They are avail for low cost. So you may not have to buy the entire reset switch assembly, just a 2341 key.

If the cmos data message went away the battery might be ok, or it might be because you've pressed the white TEST button a few times and taken care of the cmos ram error. I thought in the other discussion thread you determined the battery was bad, or suspected it was? I think it would be a good idea to make sure the battery is good, either with a meter or having it replaced with a new one to be sure.

Did you try pressing and holding the white button for 10 seconds? That might clear up the screen random characters, not sure. The garbled text displayed in some of your photos above are the Test & Setup menu screens, I think some of that data shown is coming from the cmos ram chip. Each time you press and release the white TEST button the menu screen will step to the next screen. The reset key is used to step thru the bookkeeping screens by turning and releasing the reset switch, so if the reset switch wires are connected all the time it is confusing the machine.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:20:04 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 03:30:31 AM »
Rok , I followed your instructions and I disconnected the jumper , then I held the white reset button for 10 seconds and it made the bell sound ..closed the door and the game cleared and came on !! Thanks for that rokgpsman !!  I tried playing it and it works BUT , when I win it asks me if I want to double down  ...when I do , say I win 8 coins and try to cash out - the game will say it paid me 4 and show 4 in the credits ..but it never pays me the full amount when I double down, it only pays half and leaves the rest in the credits. If I hit cash out again , it will spit out what's in the credits. Have you ever seen this before ?

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 04:01:10 AM »
Yeah usually holding the test switch in for a few seconds will fix the CMOS DATA error. If you have battery issues (which I just recently fixed) it will say "Call Attendant low battery" on the screen. If you don't want double up that should be able to be disabled in the test menus. Also in those menus I always set the one screen (the name loses me at the moment) but there's3 3 options, credit, non-credit and player initiated credit and my guess is thats what its set to. If ya want it all in credits on the machine just set it to "credit" or "non-credit" should ALWAYS pay ALL coins thru the hopper IIRC. Just open your door and press the white test button and scroll thru the settings, you should see em all. Hope it helps, if not, keep us posted, we'll get ya fully up and running!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 06:25:33 AM »
Glad you got it going and fixed most of the problems. That jumper on the reset wires should not be there all the time, only connect those wires when you would need to turn the reset key. I'd suggest that you get a key for that reset keyswitch on the side of the machine. Then just connect those 2 reset wires on the reset switch terminals where they are supposed to be. The key doesn't cost much and will make life easier for you. Or you can replace the entire reset switch, it is easy to replace, just has one large nut on the inside portion of the switch that holds it in place.

http://www.spininc.com/01465-0

http://www.ohiogamingslots.com/slot_parts/84-attendant-key-switch

The "double-up" (double-down) feature is a game option that you can turn off if you don't want it. When you press the white TEST button (its not a "reset" button) the menu screens will appear, just press the white button and release it to change to the next screen. One of them will have the double-up game option listed and you can disable it. Not sure why it pays part of the wins directly to you and puts the rest on the credit, as Rep said it probably has to do with one of your other Test menu settings. Check the various payout options, credit and cash mode, etc on the menu screens. You can change a setting and then try it to see if that takes care of it. If not just change the setting back to where it was. 

If you see that "CMOS Data" message again when you turn on the machine that means the battery on the mpu board needs replacing. Since you just got this machine and don't know how old the battery is I'd recommend you either check it with a meter or you have the battery replaced. You can get a low-cost meter at places like Harbor Freight or home improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc).

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »
Ok , I just tried it , I see it now ...once I hit that test button it tells me what to hit or says to hit the reset to make changes. I did not see anything that controls why it only pays me half the coins and leaves the rest in the credits though.    BTW    ----now my Wife has been playing it on and off today so ..thanks gents , she likes it now, especially after I showed her how to open the door  and take coins back out when she loses lol  :thank_you:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:19:26 AM by Hiram »

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »
You clearly have missed matched program & CG roms.  Please post picture(s) of the MPU board with clear shots of the program ROM and the CG roms with color CAP chip.  Then I can tell you the correct graphics roms for your poker set.

BrianT

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
overall board
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:58:00 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
Hi Brian ...how could you tell the IC's are mis-matched ? Are the graphics suppose to look different or , is that why it pays less than it should ?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
I would replace that battery with the correct one asap.  Wow, that's ugly.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
I didn't know that was the wrong battery ..no one mentioned that when I posted the picture before. Hope that's not damaging anything

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
It may be the right battery but does not have the solder tabs or wires.  Did someone solder a wire to the battery?  Not a real good idea, but I guess it works.  Here's what you want:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
If you have a battery store in your area, I'm sure they could solder in a correct battery for your board. Your going to need a 1/2AA Size lithium battery with those solder lead. Nice looking picture on that game..  :dancing_2: :applause: :cool_thumb_up:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
Solder does not stick well to the steel jacket of the battery, most likely excessive solder flux is sticking it in place for now.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »
hope the pics are large enough to read the chips

Looks like most of the game chips don't have labels. To verify that you have the right graphics chip (as mentioned by BrianT earlier) you can have the machine tell you what the game software chip part numbers are by using the reset switch. Since you don't have a reset key you will need to connect the reset switch wires by hand with that jumper you disconnected earlier. Just touch the reset wires together momentarily, then disconnect them. The monitor should step thru the stats screens. The voltage is very low, only about 5 volts, so don't worry about getting shocked. On about stat menu screen # 9 the monitor will list all of the game chip software part numbers. Then you can post a photo of that screen, will save you from having to type all of that by hand into a message here. Below is a picture of what the software info screen will look like.

Also, now that you've reset the cmos ram and the machine is working can you post a photo of the screen with the 5 cards displayed for a hand during the game?

When you are stepping thru the menu screens did you see one for "Hopper Size"? Tell us what it is set to now, if a low number then you can try setting it to a high number, like 500 or so. See if that affects how the machine pays out when you win a hand on the double-up feature.

Offline Hiram

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
Here's the screen now ..it still needs the focus adj a little but not bad. I'll try taking pics of the screens you mentioned and post them soon ...thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 08:01:12 PM »
The colors and graphics look ok to me, maybe BrianT was looking at that photo you posted earlier back when the machine had scrambled cmos ram data? Looking forward to more pictures showing the stat menu screens with game software chip info. Also check on that Hopper Size setting?

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »
Yeah, judging by the first pics you showed it looked like the wrong graphics.  But based on the most picture of the machine up and running everything is fine, so you can disregard my comment about miss matched graphics.

BrianT

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal