New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 21 Gambler Barcrest 1270 MPU Displays Netplex Link Down  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
21 Gambler Barcrest 1270 MPU Displays Netplex Link Down
« on: July 17, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
I know this topic has been addressed several times before, but I'm not having any luck clearing this error.

Would something in the Top Box cause this error?

Game was playing fine. Turned it off, sat for a week, powered back on to the Displays Netplex Link Down error.

Tried 3 different Power Supplies, 3 MPUs, changed out VFD, Touchpad, 6-6-3 Display, unplugged Printer and BV.

What's left?

If it's something up top, I wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 05:08:10 PM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: 21 Gambler Barcrest 1270 MPU Displays Netplex Link Down
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »
that error is just the vfd saying it cant talk to the mpu. if the error blinks you most likly have an issue with the varta battery on the mpu. if barcrest uses netplex yes it could cause the error. it looks like you have already tried most the stuff i normally recommend. you do have a 1270 board so i would check the fuses on the bottom of the motherboard. also check the door harness for damage.

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:55:48 PM »
Thanks for the inputs, but none of my 1270 boards have the Varta installed. I did swap in a board and software from another game, same issue, so it's not my MPU or daughter card.

The image doesn't blink, stays steady. After about 2 minutes I get NO DISP on my display and the warning horn goes off. But you can't silence the alarm with the attendant key like clearing a RAM error.

I've disconnected everything in the top box related to the Bonus game. So I don't believe it's any of that.

Game worked great until I moved it into a different room. Makes me think something is loose, pinched or shorted.

I'll start checking wiring harnesses next.

Thanks again,

Curtis ash100

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:39:23 PM »
If your getting no disp error than the board did boot I would be checking wiring. Possibly the harness got pinched. That or if the area you moved it to is far from the electrical panel i have seen poor supply cause all kinds of issues.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
I know this post is ancient, but I've got an update finally.

I pulled this project back out last week and started troubleshooting it all over again using various NLG thread links for guidance.

I was finally able to get the machine to initialize by changing out the Backplane. That was literally the only component left to change after a weeks worth of swapping parts and shooting wires.

Now I've developed a different problem.

After a RAM Clear and re-installing the SB Chip, I run into a System Error: Game Type Is Not Linked.

Game has a 1270 Board, Daughter Card (Not an R-Board),  Multi-Denom Touchpad and is using SB1000409, SG000598s 1 and 2 with a Multi-denom Version Chip.

I've been in contact with RB and he doesn't see any compatible SG Chips for use in the 1270. The 208s will work on a 50X Board, but only support single denomination.

Is there anyone out there that's had this particular theme in an S2000 with the Enhanced Board?

Everything as far as software is concerned was left alone, and it once worked with those chips previously mentioned.

I really don't want to change to a 504 b if I don't have to, but if it means getting this game going again, I will.

Just looking for suggestions or knowledge about any compatible SGs for the 1270, if any exist.

PS: I'm not doubting Ron, he's a tremendous asset and has helped me a lot over the last couple of years. But I'm almost certain IGT set this game up in this configuration, so there's got to be some available data somewhere that we don't have.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
I'm running a Barcrest machine with a 1270 board, SB100512 & SG000378.  Don't know if this helps.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:18:28 AM »
When you changed the backplane make sure that the ribbon cable connection is properly installed.
The top and bottom computers communicate through that ribbon cable so if it's not installed correctly that could be your problem. Along those lines on very rare cases the small pc board in the middle of the power distribution box on the bottom center back of the cabinet could be swapped out.  The gray wires from the top box plug in there and the other end of the ribbon cable plugs in there.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 05:09:43 PM »
Update:

RB sent me some SG208's and I changed the game to a Single Denom.

Been playing great now for months.

Figured I'd better clear this topic.

Curtis ash100

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal