**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**

Cloning Compact Flash for Backup Purposes

<< < (2/6) > >>

CommTech:
Thanks Tilt!  :applause: :thank_you: :1:

Slotman:

--- Quote from: Tilt on November 13, 2021, 11:15:02 AM ---I use Self image or Recovery Manager.  They're both old programs, but they're free and they work. 

https://download.cnet.com/VaioSoft-Recovery-Manager/3000-2094_4-10286449.html

https://selfimage.en.softonic.com/

--- End quote ---

Thank you Tilt.  Would you mind sharing the equipment / adapters you use?  Have you ever had a card become non usable after?  Its just scary the first time.

Sunrise Side:
AC Coin slots CF has not worked for backup.

Tilt:
My desktop has a built in CF/SD card reader so I normally use that, but I have also used a USB to CF/SD adapter.  I suggest practicing with a Clear card or something easily replaceable just in case you make a mistake.  The software (especially Selfimage, selecting the right drive/partition) isn't the most user friendly. 

I've never had a problem backing up or restoring Bally software with it (I don't have a WMS machine), but it should work fine too. 

The only thing I've messed up with the software as Sunrise Side alluded to was one of his AC coin smartmedia cards.  I tried to make a backup copy of it using a USB to smartmedia adapter and it didn't work after that, neither did the file it made.

Slotman:

--- Quote from: Tilt on November 13, 2021, 11:56:49 AM ---My desktop has a built in CF/SD card reader so I normally use that, but I have also used a USB to CF/SD adapter.  I suggest practicing with a Clear card or something easily replaceable just in case you make a mistake.  The software (especially Selfimage, selecting the right drive/partition) isn't the most user friendly. 

I've never had a problem backing up or restoring Bally software with it (I don't have a WMS machine), but it should work fine too. 

The only thing I've messed up with the software as Sunrise Side alluded to was one of his AC coin smartmedia cards.  I tried to make a backup copy of it using a USB to smartmedia adapter and it didn't work after that, neither did the file it made.

--- End quote ---

Wonderful, thank you very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442