New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: monitor takes hours to turn on  (Read 1343 times)

Offline MazzMayhem

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
monitor takes hours to turn on
« on: December 14, 2021, 07:50:57 PM »
Hey everyone, I have a 19 inch panda cabinet with a 044 board. I am having a problem with my monitor, it used to come on normally at startup then it would come on after a few minutes then a few hours now it takes so I just leave it on all the time. I believe that when the screen is blank I am still able to play the game, the buttons light up so does the bv bezel. Any help in fixing this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: monitor takes hours to turn on
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 08:28:53 PM »
From you description I'd be looking at one of three things.

CCFL lamps in the panel.

Inverter board that powers the CCFL's

A/D board

To me it sounds like the CCFL's in the panel are going bad, but it may be the Inverter board failing too.  That's a lot easier to replace, so I'd try that first.  Worse thing that would happen is it doesn't fix it and then you have a spare for when it does.  Replacing the CCFL's inside the panel isn't child's play, but can be done, you just have to be careful disassembling and re-assembling the LCD panel.  Youtube a few videos of it.  There are conversion kits that you can get to replace the CCFL's with LEDs, but I'm not aware of any ones that users have installed and recommended.  Some may not evenly illuminate the screen, not have a brightness adjustment, and aren't plug and play replacements for the CCFLs.

Offline MazzMayhem

• MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 09:07:03 PM »
Is there a way to troubleshoot those components to find out which one might be the problem? As far as the inverter board goes would I have to replace the entire board or does it have capacitors that can be replaced? Thank you for responding by the way.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »
I'm sure you could.  The inverter boards usually only have a couple of caps on them.  I'm more familiar with Kortek LCD's though.  Remove the back cover and take a look. 

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 10:35:32 PM »
Took the back off and this is what I have

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 10:49:38 PM »
If you pull out the mpu and power on, do you get a no-signal message on the LCD? If it does then it is probably your AD board. If you don't get the message, then it's probably your inverter or the monitor's power supply.  Things eventually working after a certain amount of time has passed is almost always bad caps somewhere.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 11:37:41 PM »
Okay I put the monitor back in ,pulled the mpu and powered it on and I just get a blank screen. So before I order a new inverter is there a way for me to test the power supply? I'm assuming you mean the one inside the monitor chassis?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 08:36:46 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 05:55:00 AM »
You can measure the connector in the upper left corner of the picture with the power supply. Should be +5 and +12. The 110VAC is connected in the lower right - Brown is normally hot, Blue is normally neutral and green is ground. Looking at the picture it says line (hot) is on the side with the blue wire. That is OK as AC does not have polarity.

If you can't get to the connector for the DC 5 and 12V - you can remove the power supply - hook up 110 VAC to the pins for line in and check for the DC voltage on a bench. Make a cheater cord for the AC and be careful not to short anything. I use an outlet strip with a switch for the AC so I can turn it on/off easy instead of plugging the AC cord in a wall outlet. I use mini-grabber connectors for the cheater cord and a power cord from a computer to do the AC. I can post later if needed.

You could try to replace the cap on the inverter board and look for a surface mount fuse (F1 and maybe F2) - if the fuse is blown, the CCFL's are most likely bad and would need replaced. Replacing the cap and fuses could bring the inverter back to life - but the fuses are a pain to work with and the inverter board is pretty inexpensive and would be the way to go for most people.

With the monitor powered on and dark - shine a light at an angle and look close at the screen - you can barely see the display working with the CCFL's not working. Kind of a knack. That will tell you it is the CCFL's/inverter and not the panel itself. I have replaced CCFL's and could help if needed. Taking the display apart is definitely a pain but can be done. Careful, pictures and gloves help to keep the display and glass clean. Small connectors and wires to worry about. Patience helps a lot.  Oh and don't go checking for voltages on the inverter board - very high voltage on it for the CCFL's and meters can't measure that high. (low current but still nothing you want to mess with - replace the board  :yes:)
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »
I ordered a new inverter, once I have it installed I will update this post. Thank you Tilt, Rick and Trisail for donating your time to help me and so many others in this community of ours. Happy holidays to you and your families.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »
Hey guys any advice can you give me when I swap out the inverter? I know there’s a bit of voltage on that board and I would hate to damage another component or myself.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 09:02:33 PM »
It's not like a CRT that will bite you after it's turned off.  Just be careful with static electricity.  Ground yourself before handling the board and you'll be OK.  Also be careful removing the small connectors that go to the CCFLs.  The wires are small and easy to pull out of the pin if you pull on them instead of the connector.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 08:17:54 PM »
I just got in a replacement A/D board just in case I need it and the inverter board should be here Friday but I can’t seem to find a replacement power supply is there a way I could use a battery pack instead like the one pictured?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »
Yes, as long as it meets/exceeds the specs of the original power supply.

Offline wifehippo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • wifehippo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 07:01:50 PM »
MazzMayhem!

I think I have the same issue as you.  How's it going?  Did you get your GameKing fixed?

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 10:51:29 PM »
Yes I did. I ended up buying a replacement monitor but I

Offline wifehippo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • wifehippo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 04:34:14 PM »
Come on man don't leave us hanging, what happened?  :)

Where did you buy your replacement screen?  I have a kortek ktl190a, not sure if that is the same as yours.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 05:36:22 PM »
Yes I had a kortex monitor and I ended up buying a refurbished monitor that was listed here in the classifieds by a fellow member. It was a pretty good deal so I took it but I could of just replaced the CFL backlit LEDs . I guess it all depends on how comfortable you are taking apart the monitor, some models they make it very easy to replace these lights but that wasn’t the case with the Kortex. Just be sure to use gloves so you don’t leave any fingerprints and I wouldn’t take it apart until your ready to swap out lights so you minimize the chance of getting dust in the monitor.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2022, 07:41:31 PM »
Thanks for resolving this issue Mazz! 
It may help out a future member later on! :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal