New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King - Multi-game Keno Power Supply Issue  (Read 916 times)

Offline brianlisa03

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • brianlisa03 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King - Multi-game Keno Power Supply Issue
« on: March 12, 2022, 09:32:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

Let me first apologize upfront as I am new to the site and I am not very experienced with the Game King machine we own.  I have a Game King upright (older machine) I believe and the power supply went bad.  There are burnt capacitors on the board.  I haven’t been able to locate a replacement that looks similar to the one I have.  I don’t have very many part#s , or maybe I just can’t locate where they are on the machine. I have attached pictures of the machine and power supply in hopes someone at be able to assist in identifying if there is an alternative power supply that will work and exactly what model/version of Game King I own.  Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks!
Lisa
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 12:23:02 PM by Tilt »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Game King - Multi-game Keno Power Supply Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 11:15:17 AM »
I can help with capacitors or try to repair. Maybe even help troubleshoot.   PM me if you are interested we can talk.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 12:25:18 PM »
You may want to take Tony up on his generous offer.  Power supplies for the older 13" Game Kings aren't real easy to find.  The power supply from the newer Game Kings (and S2000 slot machines) do not work/fit without some modifications. 

Offline brianlisa03

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • brianlisa03 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »
Hi,  thank you, I will definitely reach out to Tony.  Is there a way to tell if my Game King is new enough to transition over to a newer Game King power supply without the wiring modifications I read about previously in another post? Im not exactly sure what to look for to determine this.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 01:54:26 PM »
If the AC wiring matches this photo then a new style power supply will work in your machine without rewiring the connector.  You'll just have to figure out how you want to mount it. 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 05:39:32 AM »
I would recommend that you work with Tony, as a newer style power supply will still be a used unit and may need recapped as well. Your PS looks to be in great shape, just needing caps.

Offline theycallmewayno

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • theycallmewayno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 01:54:50 PM »
I have this same machine and I have a question. I replaced my power supply with newer power supply and it plugs in fine to motherboard connector. I noticed a serial cable from the power supply for the lights and the plug out to the wall is missing. It goes up to mpu plane. Does that make a difference with anything? BTW, the lights work when powered on so that's a plus. Just stumped as to why a new power supply isn't working in my 13" project machine. Btw, I have a fully functional 13" game king and my cpu tray works fine in it from the project machine. Again just can't figure why I don't get power to motherboard. I can post pictures if that will help.
Respectfully,
Wayne

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 02:18:25 PM »
Yes, please post some pictures.  There's only one connector on the power supply that provides AC power IN and DC power out.  There aren't any serial cables.

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 11:00:32 PM »
I apologize for the delay in pictures...So you will see my project 13 versus my functional 13. The project is missing the serial cable. I cannot for the life of me think that the serial cable would make a difference. I'm worried because I just purchased the project power supply and it may be a bad one? At the end of the day, I suppose I can try to recap it if it has an issue. I have yet to take the power supply and try in my working 13. Any guidance is very appreciated. I'm learning to love this hobby of gettin a slot to work but I'm wondering what is going on here. Is it possible the MPU backplane is bad?  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »
Thanks for the pictures.  Now I see what you're talking about, and no, that cable makes no difference.  It connects the comm board to the motherboard is all it does.  If you ever want to use a TITO board in it you'll need it.  I guess it would be a TI board in that case since these machines don't have a printer.

Anyways, like I said in reply #2 in this thread, newer power supplies will not work in most of the older cabinets.  If you modify your power connector so the AC wiring matches the photo I posted in reply #4 it will work then.  You'll have to get a molex pin removal tool and then move the pins to the proper holes.  Compare your power connector to the picture and you'll see what needs to be moved.

Offline theycallmewayno

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I'll re-arrange the pins and see if magic happens!  :thank_you: :agreepost:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 10:21:44 AM »
No problem.  Make sure you double check your work, don't want any  :burningresistor:

Some of the later 13" cabinets came with electronic ballasts for the florescent lamps and the power supply wiring is compatible with new style power supplies.  I haven't seen any of the older cabinets with ballast transformers and starters that had compatible power supply wiring, so I think that may be a quick easy way to tell.

For the original OP, we kind of hijacked your thread a little.  Did you get your power supply fixed or replaced?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal