New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Recommended Printer Models for Bally S9000  (Read 1368 times)

Offline aggmann

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • aggmann New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Recommended Printer Models for Bally S9000
« on: April 13, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
Any printer model recommendations for Alpha Bally S9000? I have a future logic one (RS232) installed but does not work. Newbie looking for a similar model that will fit in the same space, has the similar plug and easy to install/replace.

Thanks for your guidance.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Recommended Printer Models for Bally S9000
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 09:50:50 PM »
Gen2 Futurelogic are the most popular, which futurelogic version do you have? You need to make sure you get the printer with Bally compatible firmware, it is not enough to just get a serial printer, you need it to have the correct firmware.  So whoever you buy it from, make sure they say it has bally alpha firmware on it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:15:06 PM »
Thanks to RickHunter, I found out that I have a Futurelogic GEN2 thermal printer on my Bally Alpha S9000. I made an effort to troubleshoot the printer. I used the CLEAR card to reset the OS. I followed Better Tito Youttube to install. When I turned on the slot machine, I received a Pending Status error related to the "Voucher Com Error printer". I used FutureLogic as printer type when I set it up but the printer did not turn on. No lights even show up on the printer. When I pulled the printer out, the USB/RS232 cable seems frayed and the cover is peeling. I rechecked the connections all all look good (granted, I am not techie).  No lights.

Am I missing something or does this really look like the problem is related to the USB/RS232 cable? I am exploring buying a used printer but want to make sure I can verify the printer is not working. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for your help.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 07:35:42 PM »
There are other settings than just picking the printer model.  Did you set validation to standard, etc?  Do you have a tito installed?

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 08:15:58 AM »
Thanks for your assistance. Here are the key configurations that I used to try to CLEAR and reset the Futurelogic printer: (I used Better Slots video to reinstall OS, devices and game).

Under Device Settings
Voucher Printer - Futurelogic (I read some folks use Netplex)
Bill Validator - JCM BillVal

Comm Setup > Protocol Setup
Host Com Setup - SAS Primary
Config > SAS Setup - System

I don't haveDual Host setup but I have Device Owner Setup
Voucher In - SAS Primary
Voucher Out - SAS Primary
Voucher Location Data - SAS Primary

I had taken 4 pictures of the previous settings prior to the CLEAR process and it shows two Host Com II SAS Secondary was setup. Could this maybe be the reason that there is no power to the printer?

I was stuck and could not play the game so RickHunter recommended to remove the printer. I did and now I am able to play but want to get the printer working or replace it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 08:49:08 AM »
If you do not have a Tito board installed you need to set to standard NOT system.  You do not need to ever set anything in secondary only primary.  Voucher out also needs to be set to enabled.

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 09:01:32 AM »
Great. Thank you SixCard. So if I can CLEAR and repeat, if the printer is working, the power light should turn on right? I have my fingers crossed that the printer is in working condition.

If that don't work, then I know I need to replace the printer.

Go Team!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 11:35:17 AM »
If the printer doesn't try to feed the paper in as you put it in the feed slot, then you have no power to the printer, or the printer itself is bad.  There should be a power light lit up when you power on the machine.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 11:13:08 AM »
Appreciate everyone's help with respect to the correct printer. I finally was able to purchase a working FutureLogic Gen2 printer to replace my nonworking one. I had to some minor technical issues replacing it but finally got it operational. I was so happy to see the printer had power, the light showed ready and it accepted my labels. However when I saved everything I still received a Voucher Printer error.

I have attached some screenshots to see if someone can address what is configuration is the problem. I followed the exact process on you tube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYCJSUZR9k.
Device Setup > Voucher Printer - Future Logic & Bill validator - JCM BillVal
Under Comm Setup > Protocol Setup > Host Comm I - SAS Primary
    Under Config - SAS Setup - Address set to 1 and change Validation to System

The only difference on my software, the video has Dual Host Setup however I only have Device Owner Setup. I changed everything to SAS Primary.

When I completed the configurations, it shows I have a Voucher Printer error. The printer is operational (with green light) and my TITO has power too. It looks like I have to go back to the CLEAR process to try again. Any suggestions?

Aggmann

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 11:14:20 AM »
Sorry all, not sure why the images came out sideways.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 11:16:13 AM »
What firmware is in your printer?  Hold the test button while powering up and it will print the setting for your printer.  Post a photo of the test print.  Also do you have a TITO board inside your machine?

Offline aggmann

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 11:47:01 AM »
Thanks RickHunter..

Forgive me for the silly newb questions, how can I find the printer firmware number? I held the test button while powering up but it did not print the settings to the printer. The information went by so fast that i could not get a good picture of it. Should I be able to catch it when the information scrolls up?

Yes, I do have a TITO board (from Mr Bettors) and the light is on. Before I replaced the printer, the TITO was verified working. I can't do anything now since it tells me to call an attendant.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal