New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Diode Numbers?  (Read 590 times)

Offline DirtyDeedsInc

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DirtyDeedsInc New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Diode Numbers?
« on: May 15, 2022, 05:03:25 PM »
Just got a Double Diamond machine recently and I'm new to working on these.  When I bought it, I did a quick inspection and saw that the battery was blown.  Got it back home and there's corrosion on diode CR1 so I was thinking of swapping it out just in case.  Also looks like the diode just under the battery isn't too great either but I can't read anything on it (between battery and capacitor C23.)  I haven't been home to put a meter on any of it yet to see if they're good or not.  Looking at the schematics in the S & S+ manual I downloaded, I don't think these diodes are listed correctly.  Anybody know the ratings on these 2 diodes or a part #?  I'll be installing a new battery when I get home as well as cleaning up the board.

Also, any advice on what I've got?  There are no serial number plates that I've found anywhere on the machine.  Best I've found is a sticker with a date of 19 May 94.  Eventually I'll probably swap a Haywire chip in it but I'm going to get it working correctly first.

I've been searching through this forum as well as the Internet but just haven't found all the info.

Thanks,

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Diode Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 05:32:28 PM »
You have an S+ with a 95% reel chip.

Offline DirtyDeedsInc

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 09:12:28 PM »
Did some more searching and I think I found a couple answers on eBay of all places.  Looks like diode D2 under the battery is a transient voltage suppressor and diode CR1 is a Central Semiconductor 5A, which sux since I've got several 3A diodes.  Any chance someone can confirm this for me before I order diodes?  Seems I have everything except 5A.  Have bigger but don't think they'd fit in that space.  I'm going to start fixing this board after Thursday and hope that's the only problem I find.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 04:34:11 AM »
I never see S+ MPU's that far corroded.
Where was this machine stored at?  :Scratch-Head:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
I think if you clean up the corrosion the diodes and TVS diode will be fine. Check them with the meter and all good I'm sure.

If you need replacements I have some - may be crosses but will be good. Send me a PM.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline DirtyDeedsInc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »
Stayout:  Machine was stored in a metal building with no climate control or door seals.  When I checked the MPU, the battery was hanging by one lead and had pretty much blown apart.  I haven't seen any major damage except what is in the pictures.  Was told all it needed was a reset by someone that admitted he didn't know anything about them.

Trisail:  I'll keep that in mind.  My concern with diode CR1 is not getting all the rust off the outside and it conducting.  Worst case, I'll desolder, clean and check with meter.

Mainly I'm trying to see if there's anything I might be missing before I start working on this and get a plan together.  I left for work shortly after buying this and I'm on day 19 of my 21 day hitch.  I'd like to get the MPU back correct to have a good starting point for troubleshooting any other issues it may have.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal