New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Wells Gardner LCD 19 black screen  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
Game King Wells Gardner LCD 19 black screen
« on: May 15, 2022, 11:36:54 PM »
Hello,

I have a Game King with a 19" LCD screen that goes black on startup. I got the machine in this condition.

I'm more used to the S2000 and S6000.

What is the method to test the screen? It's a Wells Gardner WGF0003 with 19 pin connector. 25 pin connector.

It's not powered from the underside of the board but I have another Game King with an exact similar assembly where the LCD screen works just fine so I'm assuming the power is taken directly from the board which is on the back.

Thanks.

Nurbo

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:40:06 PM by Nurbo »
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
Re: Game King Wells Gardner LCD 19 black screen
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 06:40:27 AM »
Additional pics...
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 09:20:28 AM »
I do not see a power adapter present. Wires are cut at the beau plug connector.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:40:40 AM by RB »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 09:35:16 AM »
RB is correct, you are missing the power brick.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 11:31:04 AM »
Thank you for your answers, but I confirm to you that my another Game King works WITHOUT this external power supply.

And the wires are also cut at the beau plug connector.

A video is coming soon…

This pics come from the working machine.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 01:03:32 PM »
This is the video, if it can help you to solve my problem  :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YqcPiyTSE

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 01:43:34 PM »
Where is the black cord on left of touch controller going to/from? Nevermind I see it now. It has to be getting power from somewhere. lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:33:27 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 09:45:59 PM »
If you saw the cable goes to the menu buttons.

I may have found where the power supply was taken.

I'm going to disassemble the metal cover on the back of the screen to see where the orange and gray wires go.

Offline BigWick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • BigWick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 10:04:48 AM »
Orange/Grey is normally +12v for the microtouch so they are stealing +12v from the blue/black Netplex power harness for the touchscreen controller AND the monitor instead of just taking 120v from the beau plug and using an AC adapter.

Edited: Actually hold on. If they are feeding power into the touchscreen controller through the touchscreen cable they don't need to power it from the regular header at the same time. Something's really jacked up here.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 12:11:32 PM »
The cover is removed and the touch controller board is accessible.

To see where the gray and orange wires go, I have to remove the touch controller board.
There is finally a 12VDC connector on the board, but inaccessible when the cover is in place.

I do have voltage coming to the connector so either the board on the back of the screen is dead or something else but I don't know enough about screen troubleshooting to say with certainty what is not working.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 11:17:28 PM »
Hello,

I'm still having my screen problem that stays black when starting the machine.

I am waiting for a response from a seller to buy the screen board.
I'll wait before completely disassembling the screen and seeing what's inside  :Tongue_Out:

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »
Hi,

Good news the screen works again.

I changed the screen control board and the light came back  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline BigWick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • BigWick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 12:22:59 PM »
Huh, so they were stealing +12 from the Netplex touchscreen power and then feeding it back into the video board using the connector normally used to power the touchscreen controller on RS-232 models. I guess that works but you don't get fused protection of the video board.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2022, 01:04:32 PM »
Yes, you're right.

What is the voltage (12 VDC...) and amperage for the separate power supply ?

I look to find this power supply and make the normal connection to the video card.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal