New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Not Sure Where to Start - IGT S Plus Hot Peppers InOp  (Read 1027 times)

Offline 76Brougham

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 76Brougham New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Not Sure Where to Start - IGT S Plus Hot Peppers InOp
« on: May 20, 2022, 06:23:52 PM »
Hi. Been a long time since I've looked at this. Appreciate any guidance for the uninformed.

Machine is apparently inoperative. Paid, credits, coins displays all blank. Wheels spin freely. Lights on. Buttons not lit and do nothing when pressed.

Had some instructions from last time I had trouble that led me to getting error codes displayed. Pressing and holding the reset button behind the power switch does nothing. Jackpot reset key does nothing.

Nothing happens when powering on or opening/closing the door.

Looking at the "read first" section, I was reminded that I had ordered a new power supply connector for the mother board that I had never installed. I just did that. No change.

Not sure where to start.

Thanks!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Not Sure Where to Start - IGT S Plus Hot Peppers InOp
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 07:07:50 PM »
okay...check all 3 fuses first....report back.
top to bottom.
6amps
8amps
6amps

*Thanks to shorttrackskater for noticing I had written "volts" instead of "amps" ! hahahaha
I edited my Reply to correct it.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 03:28:45 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 04:57:51 AM »
Visually, they look fine. I'll get a continuity tester to be sure.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
Just out of curiosity..  Post pics of the old power connector you replaced and the corresponding pins on the MB as well.  I'm wondering if you were able to get it to at least display codes before, the pin(s) may be oxidized?

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 07:53:01 PM »
I will get pix. I'm kind of remembering that I had used some sandpaper to clean the backs of the pins where it connects to the motherboard a couple of years ago. The harness I took off did have a small brown spot, barely noticeable. The "new" harness didn't have any evidence of burn. It may be Thursday before I can get pix. Helping a friend who has a Vegas addiction. Thanks!

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 06:57:10 AM »
Sandpapering the pins may not be the best solution because the weakened female pins inside the Molex connector housing aren't gripping the male pins very tight anymore.  :sherlock:
The brown coloring/staining on the other side of the Molex housing is from the micro-miniature arcing going on inside.
Buffed male header pins and new trifurcon female pins in the Molex housing (Molex, KK 396, Trifurcon Female Crimp Terminal 18AWG 08-52-0113, Mfr. Part No.: 08-52-0113) that contact on 3 sides of a male pin is the way to go really....or a reconstructed/refurbished harness.  :cool_thumb_up:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 11:40:45 AM »
Anyone have a refurbished harness to sell?

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 06:29:59 AM »
a and a1 = currently connected. a2 and a3 = was connected. I'd forgotten I had the second harness. After connecting it, still no go. I bought that a couple years ago when I ordered some comparitor clips.

The three fuses tested good.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2022, 06:39:04 AM »
What are the voltages coming out of the harness?
Start from left to right...the orange wires to the green ones.
There's only 6 wires.

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 07:55:35 AM »
I'll get those Tuesday when I'm back.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
Anyways, maybe this drawing I have can help you?
Remember to put your multimeter dial to read VAC...not DC voltages.

Click on photo I attached below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Offline 76Brougham

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 09:46:55 AM »
Thanks! I was just about to ask an ignorant question, DC or AC. Thanks for beating me to it. Will be there Sunday.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal