New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to make and use jumpers, Part 2  (Read 12957 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
How to make and use jumpers, Part 2
« on: October 25, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »

How to make and use jumpers, Part 2

Now that we have our jumpers, and know how to test our 6V bulbs (Part 1), we can go on to testing our 50V coils.
The 50V coils always have an orange (70) wire on one side.
The other side of each and every coil eventually makes its way back to the Yellow (30) wire.
Here is how to test 3 coils easily, the coin lockout coil, the coin diverter coil, and the handle release coil.
With machine on, clip one of your jumpers on to the 30 wire on the coin in switch on the door.
Touch the other end of the 30 wire jumper to the NON ORANGE side of your coin diverter coil.  You should see/hear the coil pulse.
Remove the coin acceptor, and touch the jumper to the NON ORANGE side of your coin lockout coil. You should see/hear it pulse.
Now, reach way back and touch your jumper to the NON ORANGE side of your handle release coil.  It should release the coil.
If any of these coils do NOT pulse, then chances are it is burned out (open) or you are missing the 50V which should be going to it via the orange (70) wire. 
In that case, use your other jumper, and clip it onto a good known 50V source (solid orange at the transformer) and then run it to the 50v side of the coil.  In this case you DO want the 50V source jumper to touch the orange wire. (but NOT the yellow wire jumper...)
\
To test the other coils in the machine out of circuit, clip one of your test jumpers to the orange on the transformer (or somewhere else handy like the other side of your coin lockout coil on the door), and then clip it onto the Beau pin plug on your unit under test that carries the orange.(or onto the orange side of any of the coils in the unit (they're all connected)  Then, using the yellow wire jumper (from the coin in switch is always handy) touch the yellow jumper to the NON-ORANGE other side of the coil.
I hope that all makes sense.
You can test all of your 50 v coils out of circuit this way, and determine quickly and easily if they work or not.
Be careful when doing these tests that you do NOT touch case, or you may blow the 50V fuse, and if you don't realize that you have done that, you may be spending a lot of time looking for a problem in the wrong place, when it is a fuse problem that you created after all.  Hey, it's happened to me, too.
reno.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: How to make and use jumpers, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:24:27 AM »
Thank you again Reno.  Last night I think I developed a 50v issue.  Coins just drop through on my 809.  No click at all when I actuate the coin switch with my finger.  I read on of your how to test the fuses with the door closed posts and I get no click when I pull the handle with no coin in. The fuse looks good.  I even switched it out and still no 50v.  I will give it another shot this afternoon.  I have to locate the archives and all of your pearls of wisdom.

Ra

Offline PickerDan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PickerDan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »
I have the same problem with no click when I hit the coin switch. Did you figure out the problem? I see I am here 6 years later. I hope you see this. It is driving me crazy!! The machine was working just fine.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
Picker I did fix the problem but I don't remember how.  Repost your question under a NEW thread and the wisdom will flow.

Ra

Offline PickerDan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PickerDan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
Thank you so much!!!

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »
Sometimes you can carefully tap on the coin switch with the end of a screwdriver
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal