Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support

1990 Players Edge Nickel Poker Machine, Screen Vertical Needs Adjustment

(1/2) > >>

Arby:
Hello, I hope I am in the correct feed. I have a 1990 Players Edge Nickel Poker Machine, I am having issues with the vertical hold. When the machine warmed up in the past, the Picture was perfect. Now the vertical hold is a mess, constantally rolling picture will not stay stable, I believe I found the diodes that control the vertical hold and I cannot get the screen to stay stable. I have attached a few photos so you can see the items i am refering to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I inheaited this machine from my family and would love to have it working. Is there anyone that help me either fix this issue or know where I can go to get parts for this machine.

Thank you
David

PrairieTech:
Honestly if you can afford it...

https://www.ceronix.com/product-category/lcd-monitors/igt/igt-2/players-edge-pe/15-players-edge-upright/

They are crisp and bright, 99% of the ones we converted over ten years ago are still going.

shortrackskater:
Topic moved to LCD AND CRT MONITOR REPAIR.

$510 for a CRT? At first, I thought that was for the entire machine shown. And, after shipping the bill is closer to $600. You may as well spend the money on a drop in LCD.
I've seen MANY CRT's repaired here for minimal costs, with capacitors being the culprits many times.

For Arby: You should get some responses here soon.  :yes:

Chris-socal:
That is likely a Ceronix 1492. Likely just needs a cap kit or other component easy to replace.
The great news is the Flyback works so one of the most difficult components to find is working.
Do you know enough about CRTs to pull it out? I can help you with this.

I would not spend more than the game is worth to get anything new.

Chris

PrairieTech:

--- Quote from: shortrackskater on March 14, 2024, 08:41:02 AM ---
$510 for a CRT? At first, I thought that was for the entire machine shown. And, after shipping the bill is closer to $600. You may as well spend the money on a drop in LCD.
I've seen MANY CRT's repaired here for minimal costs, with capacitors being the culprits many times.

--- End quote ---

That is for a drop in LCD. Sorry, I'm a tech and don't have any concept of what machines go for on the open market. I would have no idea who even works on CRTs anymore, but sounds like Chris should be able to help at least.  Apologies if I over stepped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version