Progressive Controllers and Displays > Mikohn Progressive Systems

Displaying a message on the progressive display

<< < (2/4) > >>

qbert:

--- Quote from: uniman on February 07, 2014, 08:33:36 PM ---This is a good point. Many times sending a JPOT.DO message will not work unless right after a reboot. So just always send right after the reboot completes the startup!
  :1: to qbert

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: bruno on February 07, 2014, 09:34:58 PM ---That's right, you must be patient and tenacious.
Sometimes you have to reboot and reboot and reboot again...
It's the great mystery of the Mikohn stuff !

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: qbert on February 07, 2014, 09:08:45 PM ---Thanks Uni,
 I think foster told me that a while back, that guy is a wizard.
This can be really frustrating especially if your new at using the PSP software.
I understand the PSP3.0 may fix the issue but I have not tried it.
Rich (Qbert )

--- End quote ---

qbert:

--- Quote from: gposing on February 09, 2014, 03:33:54 PM ---Thanks everyone.  Got the sign up and running now.  Now I need to decide if I want to take on the challenge of programming the progressive side of it.
Gary

--- End quote ---

jms7465:
TIPS! --
After being up late last night tinkering, I discovered a couple tips that might help someone out in the future:

TIP #1 - Simple - When Programming my text sting in JPOT.DO, I put my personal messages in front of the existing progressive jackpot string. The first word I put was "WELCOME1" with the "1" being each individual upload to the CHAMII+ and changing that # as I tweeked my message (2,3,4,etc.).  The advantage of this is that "WELCOME1" (2,3,4....) is the fist thing I see after an (attempted) F1 SEND.  If you don't see that number change, the F1 SEND didn't work.  After you get your whole message the way you want it, of course last thing would be to remove the # from "WELCOME".

TIP #2 - After tweeking your message in JPOT.DO press F10 to exit, but stay on the Message Programming page.  Press and [big]HOLD[/big] F1 (SEND) for just a second or two then press F10.  What this will do is send like a dozen (or two) SEND commands to the CHAMII+.  Once you you see it drop back to the main config menu (takes a minute to complete all the send commands that you created by holding F1) you will see the display refresh.  I have found that this works to upload your message almost every time.  One of them must have successfully completed the send.

TIP #3 - surrender to the DOS startup disc.  I tried to be lazy, but PSP just wouldn't communicate with the CHAMII+ when I ran it in a DOS prompt inside windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version