New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT red white blue  (Read 12260 times)

Offline FastEd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • FastEd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT red white blue
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2017, 05:34:26 AM »
Sorry everyone for the confusion and long thread.

Update!!!!!!!! I received and installed the new MPU board in machine (#1), again, received code 43.

>I then took another reel from my other machine (#2), placed it in the machine (#1) with the new MPU and the 43 code was gone.

>I took the reel I replaced in machine (#!), put it in the other machine (#2) and received code 43....

Now I suppose I need another reel....

Again I apologize for the confusion.

Should I open another thread concerning the replacement or repair of the reel?

-Ed

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2017, 06:01:48 AM »
Can you post a photo of the bad reel, looking in at the circuit board that controls the reel?

Not sure if the forum moderator will want to move this to a new thread since you are still dealing with the original question about the error 43. When you swapped the reels earlier back when it was first suggested the error still happened, right?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2017, 06:26:27 AM »
The error still happened, yes. However, it seems the new MPU corrected that issue.
Now everything points to a bad reel.
For example, when I take the reel I replaced in the machine with the new MPU, and place it in my other machine in reel slot 3, I get error code 43. I then place the same reel in slot 2, I get error code 42. I'm thinking it indicates a bad reel?
I'm not really sure what photo or angle your speaking of. Sorry rokgpsman

-Ed

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2017, 06:40:11 AM »
I was wanting to get a look at the circuit board that is part of the reel assembly. There should be a part on it called an "optic" sensor. That part sometimes gets dusty and cleaning it might fix the problem. If you can post a photo of the reel assy circuit board we can maybe see and show you the optic sensor, you could try cleaning it with a q-tip or something similar. Also, any elec contacts or pins might be tarnished, you could try cleaning & shining them with a pencil eraser. So if you can post a couple of photos of the bad reel assembly from different angles that would be good.

Yes, usually when a machine gives an error 41, 42 or 43 (indicates a problem with reel #1, #2, and #3) the first thing to try is to swap the reel in the error position with one of the other reels. If the error code changes to a different 4X number then you know the reel is the problem. But if the error code stays the same then the reel is ok and the problem is the mpu board, or a connection from the reel to the machine.

The connector that connects the reel assembly to the machine has contacts that you can take a look at to be sure they are clean and not tarnished. The tarnish is a darker discoloration on the metal surface of the contacts and it interferes with the connection.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2017, 08:05:51 AM »
I'll tell you what I'd like to see Ed. With the new reel in #1. Try the original board in that machine. I know it's a stretch, but there have been times when there is more than 1 problem, i.e. reel and board. This will prove you have a good or not backup board (this is something I would do myself). That will pretty much settle the 43 error code thread. We can mark this topic solved and then why don't you start a new thread (instead of me doing it) about the reel with the problem and we can get some fresh ideas and see if we can get you going. This has been an interesting and fun post to follow. Kudos to you for sticking with it and getting some resolution.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
I'm sorry rokgsman, I'm not that familiar with all the terminology. Are you speaking of the MPU or the actual reel? The MPU is a new one and that machine (#1) is now working perfectly.... I'm now working on machine (#2) which contains the reel I removed from #1 and it (#2) is now giving me the error code 41, 42, or 43, depending on which slot I place it in.

Thanks,,,,
-Ed

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Very good Shaggy....

I switched the boards with the same results as the beginning.... All reels began to spin with a code 43. The new MPU seemed to have fixed that issue....
I agree with marking this solved and moving on....
Let my say, I appreciate the patience and input from all the members!!!!

Where should I start the knew topic or thread concerning the replacement or repair of the faulty reel?
Thanks,,,,

-Ed

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »
Excellent. That's an S+ machine, this is the board to post it on.   :cool_thumb_up:  Just go to the top and click NEW TOPIC in the blue box.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
Thanks Dave....

I'll gather my thoughts and go or it!!!!

Thanks again,,,,

-Ed

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
If you want to replace it .. $10 plus shipping.

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
Thanks Ken,

What would you estimate the shipping to be to 73132?

Thanks again,,,,

-Ed

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
Ed,

More than the reel. The shipping cost is $12.50 via USPS Priority Mail.

Thanks,
Ken

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal