New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Error 61 Won't Clear....  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Gerty

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Gerty New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Error 61 Won't Clear....
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
Newbie here-I have read through the various threads regarding this issue. No luck yet. My story: Got a Double Diamond IGT S Plus (1994). I never powered up the machine as I knew the battery on the MPU had zero voltage. I replaced the battery, Turned on the machine, the reels locked, bill validator did it's thing then the error 61 displayed. As instructed I hit the reset button until it chimed and read 61-1. I closed the door properly then turned the jackpot key once. The game paused a bit then went back to error 61. Now when I hit the reset button it will not chime or change to 61-1. It stays at 61. Some say get the clear chips others say no. Thoughts please.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Error 61 Won't Clear....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »
You have to get a ram clear to play with coins and a set chip to set up the BV. No way around it for a repeated 61 loop.

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:04:19 PM »
That's kind of what I thought. I'll order the set and give it a shot.  Also, If the validator is older I assume it won't recognize new bills other than the 1$ bill. Is that a software upgrade or an optic upgrade? Thanks!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:08:39 PM »
Depending on what version software is loaded currently will determine which bills are accepted. Software upgrade but older units haven't been support in several years and won't take all bills.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »
You could pull the cmos chip for 10 seconds and reset it
That can work as a clear if you do not have a clear chip

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
Is the cmos chip labeled on the MPU? Still trying to learn the lingo... I'm a EM pinball guy! LOL.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
The cmos is next to the reel and program chip

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
Found it. Thank you. I pulled it out for 10 seconds or so and replaced. What I did get was the chime when I pushed the test button and the change to error 61-1. Then however it changed back to 61 after I turned the jackpot key. Now it is back to the 61 error code constant.  Bummer...! LOL

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
I should add the game sat for over two years with zero voltage on that 3.6v battery...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
You'll need a RAM clear chip, and also a SET chip to re-enable the bill validator after the clear.  You'll be up and running after that.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »
After a RAM clear and BV set up and the 61 problem persists it could be a bad EEPROM on the backplane board.
I have also seen a persistent 61 caused by a burnt pin on the backplane power plug connector.

Depending on what version of BV you have from the DBV145 or 200 to the WBA10/11 they can all be updated to take the new 20's with updated software installed.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rslots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Recreational Slots
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
When you get a perpetual 61 it is usually an issue with the EEPROM on the motherboard (gets corrupted) and not an issue with the MPU or RAM on the MPU. That is why the RAM Clear will not always help. I have probably cleared this 50+ times now as I service customer machines after a battery change and have had 100% success by just changing the game chip to a different family (different number series- e.g.if has SP1271 then install SP872 or something else with different chip number). This forces a full fresh write to the EEPROM on the motherboard.(backplane) and clears up the problem.  Then can reinstall the original game chip and clear errors as usual for game chip change.  This will deactivate the BV so will need to use set chip to reactivate.

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 04:42:06 AM »
I see. Let me ask you. I actually got two machines in the deal, the other is a functioning fine Sizzling 7s game. Could I pull that chip temporarily and use it to force the fresh write to the EEPROM? Providing the numbers are different as I would gather they are.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 08:06:20 AM »
Make sure that when you are swapping GAME PROM chips between MPU's, that they are the same size (ex. 256k or 512k),
and facing in the correct orientation in the chip socket. (Indentation or dot facing downwards when MPU is face up)
The size of the chips should be written right on top of them.

You may have to pull off the security tape game commissioners like to stick on them in order to see the numbers on the chip body.

Procedure:
After installing MPU back onto the motherboard & turning on the power switch, you will get a code [66]
It means is that the GAME PROM chip was changed.
Just turn off the power switch and turn back on.

Then you will get a code [61], press little white test button for a couple of seconds to get to code [61-1]
Close the door, flip the reset key momentarily, then wait a few seconds as the MPU boots up and spins the reels.

Good Luck!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 08:52:14 AM »
When you get a perpetual 61 it is usually an issue with the EEPROM on the motherboard (gets corrupted) and not an issue with the MPU or RAM on the MPU. That is why the RAM Clear will not always help.

The RAM clear chip clears the EEPROM on the motherboard, not anything on the MPU board.  That's why we use it to clear a "61 loop".
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 04:43:00 PM »
Howdy All- I did get the clear chip and the bill validator chip. I followed the instructions and now seem to have another code.  I put the clear chip in and pressed the test button twice,allowed it to count up twice in the credit window, powered down and removed it. I replaced the game chip, powered up and got error 61. I did not do anything further as per the instructions. I then powered back down,and  put in the BV set chip. I went through the process to set the desired denomination by pressing the spin reels button, Waited for that to complete, powered down,replaced the chip with the game chip and powered back up. Got error 61- pressed test button until a chime then got error 61-1. Turned reset key once, it went blank then shows the 65-1 error. Now what? Should I try the clear procedure again? Thoughts?

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:59:08 PM »
I seemed to have taken care of the 65-1 issue. Game plays however I have no reel or top glass lights. The candle is on as well as the buttons and windows. I'll work on that I suppose. Also the arm comes down and gets stuck down. That's an issue!LOL 
I also notice there are reel sounds while spinning. My other machine (sizzling 7's) does not do this. Is that a dip switch #3 setting on that machine? It does make other sounds though.
Thanks in advance!

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »
probably the flour. starters. I think they take fs2 or the bulbs. Flashing candle will flash until you have played a paid game.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Gerty

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
I did stick a new starter in the door and got the lower glass light. Ill need to get a few more to get the other lights lit I guess. The arm seems to be a return spring or something. I can get it to return by lifting some lever in the back of the BV. I can't see what it is until I get it out ...
Still need to get reel sounds on the other slot...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
Please start a new thread for your other machine to avoid confusion with the machine being discussed in this thread. It will be helpful for you to post in that thread the SP chip number in that machine since the procedure to enable reel spin sounds varies based on the SP chip.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal