New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bally Alpha, no sound  (Read 3223 times)

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
bally Alpha, no sound
« on: April 03, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
I just finished setting up my Alpha, after getting advise on which button panel to select.

During the clear process, while the machine was booting up, I would hear a popping sound, one about every 20 seconds or so. The game is playing now, but it has no sound. Prior to clearing the machine, and re-selecting the proper button lay-out, the machine played and had sound.

I just did another clear...I didn't hear the popping soung this time during the boot. The games plays great, but, once again, I have no sound.

I have the volume set at 8.

What should I check?

Rick?........
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:49:08 PM by slotdoofus »

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: bally Alpha, no sound
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
Did you check the audio jack that plugs into the mph? Wiggle it around. Sometimes comes loose
-------
Charles

Offline slotdoofus

• slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »

Yep, that was the first thing I checked. Re-seated it several times.

I'm wondering what was causing the popping sounds during the previous boot....power problems?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:26:00 PM by coolwavepic »

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
Try this... If you have a smart phone or iPod, plug the headphone jack into your phone. Play some music and see if it comes out of the slot machine. Turn your audio device to 25% volume. If you get no audio still, it could be a bad audio amp or bad cable. Its not rare for an audio amp to go out.

The popping noise sometimes happens when the audio cable is disconnected or not making a good connection.
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:27:30 PM »
My apologies... I hit modify instead of REPLY to your response. I did fix the post.
-------
Charles

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
Charles,

I'm "old school"...no smart phone here...only a $10 pre-pay go phone.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »
I plugged my Ipod into the machine.....still no sound.

I turned the machine off...re-seated the CPU several times...let's see what that does. The machine is re-booting now.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »
Another spot to check before we claim the amp went out...

Behind the reels is a reel controller board. There are 2 molex connectors. One labled AUD AMP IN and one below it AUD AMP SPEAKER OUT.. Check those.

Also check the speaker connections. Sometimes when you open and shut the door those can come loose or even pinch the wires by accident.
-------
Charles

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
I just re-seated those connectors several time....no loose or pinched wires.

Still no sound.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
Remove the Interface Board, Audio Amplifier board and look in at the reel control board and see if you see any black burnt spots just below where the audio board plugs in.
I've had 2 so far where the board has burn marks and no sound. I replaced the reel board and it fixed the problem
In the attached picture C39 and FB9 were burnt on my boards,.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »
I'm still learning slot terminology...

Interface board = Motherboard, (sometimes called back plane board).

???

I still find it really odd that the machine was playing fine...with sound, just a little while ago. It's hard to believe something would fail so quickly. It's one of the newest machines I own...2011

Offline rwalker192

• rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »
I agree!  Like I said I've had two of these in the last batch of machines I purchase,
In the attached picture remove the board on the right (with the caution label on it) Make sure the machine is off first! Then look in where the audio board came out of.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »
I just removed that...visually, everything seems fine.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »
Do you have another bally you can swap the audio board with?

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
Yep....I have a $25 parts machine here I can steal parts off of.

I'll try that tomorrow morning.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
Good Luck!

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »
Thanks...

and thanks again for taking time to help....

I'm stubborn

I won't let this machine beat me.... :duh:

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
I'm sure you know this but just to clarify:

MPU:
The computer where all your video, audio cables, USB and CF cards go into.

REEL CONTROLLER UNIT (RCU):
The board that sits behind your reels that also includes a USB hub and Audio connections.

BACKPLANE:
Lower part of the cabinet. Its where the MPU connects to. Hangs Low for all your other connections.

-------
Charles

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 07:06:41 PM »
In the beginning, I was getting very familiar w/ the IGT's...S Plus and S2000

I've only been tinkering w/ the Ballys for the last few months.

Have to admit, I really like these S9000 machines....especially my Monte Carlo Royale.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 07:10:04 PM »
You will learn that Bally is the most versatile slot machine ever! So much you can do with them!
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal