New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with button wiring issue  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Help with button wiring issue
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
So i have a i-game with the 3902 board. I had a few lights that weren't working on the button deck.. The first row is the "lines" buttons of " 1 , 3, 5, 7, 9". The 2nd row is the "bet" row of "1,2,10,15,20".

So i pulled out the button and put in a new 73 bulb on the dead ones.  All the lights are working now except for the "bet 20" button. The maximum bet is 180; i have way more credits then that on the credit meter.  The switch itself works (depress it and it spins 20/line).

So i pop another light from the one next to it that is working; won't light up.

I go into the diagnostics and the i/o tests and choose the Hold1 button test and it lights up the "bet,1" light.. I do that for "Hold2/Bet2", "Hold3/Bet10", "Hold4/bet15" and they all light when i test it.  But the *#$@ "Hold5/bet20" won't light.  If i take off the "blue/red" wire from the non-working bet20; and take the "blue/orange" wire from the bet15 next to it; and touch the blue/orange from bet 15 to my non-working bet 20; it lights up (when i choose the Hold4/bet15 light test).

So i know that bulb/socket itself is ok. The switch part is ok. I have done a continuity test of that blue/red wire off of the non working button; and traced it back to the i/o board. I have continuity.

I have a 2nd 3902 where that particular "bet 20" button is working fine.  So i pulled the side-by-side i/o boards off the "good" machine and put them in my problem machine and rebooted... That Bet 20 still won't light up, in either the tests or live.. No other issues with the machine.

I'm at a loss as to what to look at next.  Help

teamclark4

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:15 AM »

Did you swap out the door IO card?

Tilt

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »

AHA  Silly Me!

I was so focused on following that blue/red wire to the inside of the machine and it's connections to the dual i/o boards above the power switch;  i didn't notice the door i/o board. I swapped it with my other machine and it works now... Thanks  Hail

K+ to you.. applause

teamclark4

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal