New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ River Gambler, changed battery, can't get past 61 code  (Read 3001 times)

Offline 37CHEVY

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 37CHEVY New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ River Gambler, changed battery, can't get past 61 code
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:56:19 AM »
 :me_too:I HAVE AN S PLUS MACHINE RIVER GAMBLER. I HAD A CODE 12 BATTERY . I CHANGED THE BATTERY AND NOW I HAVE CODE 61 THAT NEVER GOES AWY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.I HAVE CHECKED THE RESET BUTTON AND IT IS NOT HOOKED UP TO ANY THIG, I HAVE READ SOME WHERE ON THIS FORUM THAT SPLUS MACHINS DO NOT USE THE RESET SW. HOW DO YOU RESET THEM????? I HAVE PURCHASED TO CHIPS THE IGT CLEAR AND THE IGT S PLUS SET. NO CHANGE WHEN USED I STILL GET CODE 61 NEVER CODE 61-1 NO RESET SW. I EVEN WENT SO FAR AS TO CHANGE THE MOTHER BOARD THE I PURCHASED ON E BAY. THE GUY SWARES ITS GOOD, IT ACTS THE SAME. I CHECKED THE DOOR SWICHES BY JUMPING THEM , NO HELP. WHEN I PUT THE CLEAR CHIP IN AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS  I GET THE ZERO IN THE WINNER PAID WINDOW BUT IT NEVER CHANGES TO ONE. I STILL GET THE CODE 61 AND THE RESET BUTTON HAS NO EFFECT.

PLEASE HELP 37CHEVY

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ River Gambler, changed battery, can't get past 61 code
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:32:42 AM »
:me_too:I HAVE AN S PLUS MACHINE RIVER GAMBLER. I HAD A CODE 12 BATTERY . I CHANGED THE BATTERY AND NOW I HAVE CODE 61 THAT NEVER GOES AWY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.I HAVE CHECKED THE RESET BUTTON AND IT IS NOT HOOKED UP TO ANY THIG, I HAVE READ SOME WHERE ON THIS FORUM THAT SPLUS MACHINS DO NOT USE THE RESET SW. HOW DO YOU RESET THEM????? I HAVE PURCHASED TO CHIPS THE IGT CLEAR AND THE IGT S PLUS SET. NO CHANGE WHEN USED I STILL GET CODE 61 NEVER CODE 61-1 NO RESET SW. I EVEN WENT SO FAR AS TO CHANGE THE MOTHER BOARD THE I PURCHASED ON E BAY. THE GUY SWARES ITS GOOD, IT ACTS THE SAME. I CHECKED THE DOOR SWICHES BY JUMPING THEM , NO HELP. WHEN I PUT THE CLEAR CHIP IN AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS  I GET THE ZERO IN THE WINNER PAID WINDOW BUT IT NEVER CHANGES TO ONE. I STILL GET THE CODE 61 AND THE RESET BUTTON HAS NO EFFECT.

PLEASE HELP 37CHEVY

Welcome to NLG 37. Okay There is a test button and a reset/jackpot key. Have you pushed the test button to advance to 61-1?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:09 AM »
Well to answer a couple of questions: S+ machines do have test buttons and they also have reset keys. You are not by chance pushing the big white button just inside the door are you? That is called a cherry switch and is not hooked up to anything. I don't know whether your machine is early or later but on the later ones the test button is on the back side of the power switch. On the earlier ones the mpu is on the left side bottom and the button is on the front of it.

Dave

Thanks for moving the thread. Dave
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:48:18 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »
Hopefully, he puts his SP back in and finds the test switch. Then he should not have to set all the settings. If you don't see a LITTLE white button within half inch of the power switch, then reach behind the power switch and you will feel it with you finger. Since you didn't get the ding with clear, you were pushing the wrong thing.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »
I CHECKED THE DOOR SWICHES BY JUMPING THEM

Don't do that.  Some SP chips require working optics to get past a 61 error, and bypassing them will only make it more difficult.

As the others have said, you're likely pressing the wrong button.  You stated that "I HAVE CHECKED THE RESET BUTTON AND IT IS NOT HOOKED UP TO ANY THIG" -- most likely you are not looking at the correct button.  The self-test button is located next to or behind the power toggle switch.  That's what you need to use (partially) to get past the 61 error.  For the record, here is the proper procedure:

With an error 61 displaying:

- Press and hold the small white self-test switch (located next to or behind the power toggle switch) for approximately 5 seconds.  The display should now change to 61  1.  If your speaker is working and the volume is turned up, you'll also hear a "ding".

- Ensure the bill validator stacker ("cash can") door is closed and latched (if equipped).  Close and fully latch the front door, ensuring that the latch slides all the way down into the locked position.

- Turn the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine once and release.

The displays should go blank, the reels should do their "maiden spin", and the machine should now be ready for use.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline hbdiver

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • hbdiver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • ceeator
Re: S+ Double Diamond changed battery, can't get past 611 code
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
I have the same problem as 37 Chevy. Replaced battery, pressed white reset, heard ding, shut the door and secured everything, turned the reset key,  and code 63 came up.
Turned off machine. Unplugged machine. Plugged it back in. Turned on machine, code 61. remover bill mreceiver, put it back in. Remover bill trap ,put it back in. Pressed little white button, heard ding. Closed the door. Turned reset key!!!!! bingo!!! it worked this time.
Thank You.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
Re: S+ Double Diamond changed battery, can't get past 611 code
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
I have the same problem as 37 Chevy. Replaced battery, pressed white reset, heard ding, shut the door and secured everything, turned the reset key,  and code 63 came up.
Turned off machine. Unplugged machine. Plugged it back in. Turned on machine, code 61. remover bill mreceiver, put it back in. Remover bill trap ,put it back in. Pressed little white button, heard ding. Closed the door. Turned reset key!!!!! bingo!!! it worked this time.
Thank You.

Welcome to NLG HB! Nice Avitar.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal