New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Verifying Correct I/O card  (Read 2999 times)

Offline 429CV23

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • 429CV23 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Verifying Correct I/O card
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:42:00 AM »
Hey All
I just purchased an S2000 Butterfly 7's 5-reel machine that has the 10 button I/O card not found error.  The card installed is an 802 card, just need to verify this is the correct card for the machine. 
It does have the enhanced main board if that makes a difference; showing 2 green lights after boot up. 
The seller said he installed a working I/O card from another machine and still got the error.  From what I've read, either the card is bad, or is the wrong card.
Thanks!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Verifying Correct I/O card
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:48 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:
There are two I/O cards on the door. They are usually an 801 and an 802. Sometimes two 802. One card is at a 45 degree angle. Make sure there are no bent pins and that they are properly seated.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:18:55 AM »
Five reel machine should have 2 802 cards. Be sure the two harnesses that plug into the top aren't reversed.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
Thanks guys!  I checked the I/O cards and I have 1 802 (straight up) and an 801 (angled).  The seller had the harnesses switched.  So now I get the LED pay line lights, and the 10 button works fine verified using the setup menu; the error message is now gone as well.   :applause: .

Now I get a Reel 5 tilt.  Was getting a Reel 1 tilt, but noticed it was not inserted all the way; fixed.  Reseated the #5 reel but still get the tilt message.  Getting closer!!

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:46:38 PM »
I just moved Reel 5 to the 4 and 3 spots, and the error followed the reel.  The reel spins/stops just like the other 4 during boot up.  Assuming the position sensor is bad?  Looks like I'll have to replace the reel.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:52:06 PM »
The reel optic can be cleaned. Also make sure it spins freely while removed from the machine. Warped reel baskets can rub on the stand while rotating.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »
It rotates freely, feels about the same as the other reels.  I cleaned the optical sensor, but it still has the issue.  During boot up when the reels spin & stop, reel 5 is sometimes not right on the line and even with reels 1-4.  It can appear higher or lower than reels 1-4 by about 3/16".

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
Compare the plastic ring that the optics read with a known good reel you may find that one of the tabs have broken off.
If that is the case you can replace just the plastic reel assy. Be sure you get a matching one with where the strips mount. They are either 2 inch or 2.25.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:47 PM »
Bingo!   :thank_you: One of the tabs is gone.  I have a replacement reel assy on the way.  Is it easier to swap the reel to the new assy, or move the reel strip to the new assy?  The seller gave me some good tips to remove the strip and hopefully keep it intact, but it sounds like there is a high risk of damaging the reel strip when removing it from the old reel.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »
Higher chance of damaging the reel assy again. Just change the strips. If they are still glued use a little heat (key word little) from a hair dryer to help loosen the glued edge. Take your time be careful and you will do fine.  Test the reel in the machine before you change out the strips.

Rich

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »
Thanks Rich!
I should have the tested-good unit on Friday. 
Props to AZSlot; Randy has been very helpful explaining the process of removing/reinstalling the strip; excellent customer service!

Sounds like the assy will be shipped with the reel removed, so would it then be easier to remove my current reel, or is the reluctor wheel glued/attached to the reel itself?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
The reluctor reel is permanently glued to the reel. You can remove your broken reel carefully by removing the C-clip in the center, grab the reel in the center and push the shaft with your thumb they are sometime tight. There will be two square bumpers on the cross shaft that you will see after you remove the reel. Don't lose them. When putting the replacement reel back on make sure each bumper is located in the middle of each cross shaft, line up the reel so the cross shaft will be properly located when you slide the reel down. This is where you must be very careful not to snap off one of the tabs on the wheel. If it does not slide all the way down remove reel and relocate the bumpers. Do not force remember the plastic reels are old and very brittle. It will be easier to put the strip back on after you assemble the reel unit.
If the replacement comes to you assembled I would use it as is and put your strip on it. If your going to swap reels I would practice the installation with the bad one a few times so you know what it should feel like.

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
Thanks for the info!
They're sending a complete assy minus the strip.  Probably easier to reassemble the new one, make sure it works properly, then swap the strip.  Too bad the reluctor wheel isn't an easy swap.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
Did the new reel fix your problem? Topic Solved?

Offline 429CV23

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
Yes, problem solved!  Thanks to all for the great help & advise!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal