New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 upright super spin sizzling 7 issues  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hamburger4378 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 upright super spin sizzling 7 issues
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:43:48 AM »
Good morning, I'm  new to IGT. I have a couple of the Japanese token machines. Asking for help, so starting with problem 1
boot up I get Ram Error I turn the reset key 3 times and get close main door that wont clear. I have tried the optic bypass no go.
Problem 2 - after putting clear chip then key chip the key chip tells me netplex link is down . I have installed a known working power supply. At this point I'm  at a lose. Mpu board? Mother board? Also it has a ticket printer that not plugged up under the top glass and I dont see anything that it would plug to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Side not on the optic plug going to mother board I don't  see voltage on any of the pins to this plug.  Mpu  P/n 75510504 rev B
 mother -960 ,75905701 rev A

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
Re: IGT S2000 upright super spin sizzling 7 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
Added noted I have also replaced both batteries on the mpu board. The green one was bad and leaking.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »
Optic bypass IMO is a waste of time. Others LOVE IT. I would put it back to original state.

After a clear you should be turning the key 4 times then a message to hold in the self test switch for 2 to 3 seconds (5 is better) then close main door mesage should appear. If the main door error is still there after closing the door then the door open trace under the green battery is eaten up. Generally the MPU board needs replaced.

I believe you get the Netplex Link Is Down error with a key/ram clear chip installed on the board which is normal.

Picture of the inside of the top box with printer harness would be helpful.

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:54 AM »
Yes getting the hold reset for 2-3 seconds.  I read the same thing somwhere about the trace under the battery. That makes since thanks. So on the netplex link down, how do I get pass that with the key chip? It stays on that. Another question  whats the big difference in the enhanced boards vs. The board I have? Think replacing the board  will solve both issues?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:11:20 AM »
Yes getting the hold reset for 2-3 seconds.  I read the same thing somwhere about the trace under the battery. That makes since thanks. So on the netplex link down, how do I get pass that with the key chip? It stays on that. Another question  whats the big difference in the enhanced boards vs. The board I have? Think replacing the board  will solve both issues?

Since you have a good know working power supply --

NLD error - with a good board or bad board - will appear when the clear/ram chip is installed on the board when clearing the data. After clearing and when the base chip is reinstalled it will go away.

The style of board you have will work fine. If you switch over to the enhanced board you will need 3 boards total to replace what you have and the 224/45 chip combo if you don't have them already.

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:52 AM »
I'm  getting NLD  when I have the key chip in, shouldn't  I be able to get to settings

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »
I'm  getting NLD  when I have the key chip in, shouldn't  I be able to get to settings

No - that is for just unlocking the programming - the base eprom has to be reinstalled to program the machine.

When key chipping the 50x series board - the top two LEDs light up and then it is complete - power off and reinstalled base prom - then programming can be completed.

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »
I have the 31chip and the 97 chip.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »
I have the 31 chip and the 97 chip.

The 97/31 combo should work for 50x series boards.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 11:59:10 AM »
You mentioned that the green battery was dead and leaking. How bad was the acid damage on the board? My bet would be a bad MPU!

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »
Thanks, thats what we are thinking.  I think Ken got me setup. Hoping  its the board. Got one ordered. Thanks again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal