New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Keno  (Read 5928 times)

Offline mateo107

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • mateo107 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Game King Keno
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 04:01:03 AM »
Thanks so much for the help thus far, Tilt.

Received the touch screen controller.  Tried the one you sent and I've got the same result, sadly.

At this point, I'm thinking perhaps that that actual touch screen/monitor itself may be bad.  I'm going to try to dismount it from the game and check the wiring/solder points to see if anything is broken.  I'm also going to see about cleaning the screen, again.

That said, I'm still not 100% convinced it's the monitor.  The game seems to "lock up" during certain points so I'm thinking it could be another issue too.  Just not sure where to go from here. 

By locking up, I mean, for example - as I mentioned earlier.  I could be in the touch-screen calibration screen where I've turned the reset key twice and now it's trying to set the ambient... and it just hangs there... never moves past that point. 

The wiring diagram is very helpful, so, I can likely try to 'hack in' one of the other touch-screen monitors I have.

<sigh>
What I thought was going to be a steal of a machine, looks like it might be a pit. :(

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
Sorry it didn't fix it, but at least you were able to eliminate something.  The touchscreen itself may be bad, but usually they only go bad with visible evidence of damage (scratches/cracks).  It's also possible that the MPU is the cause.  In your case I don't your MPU is actually locking up, but sitting there awaiting input from the touchscreen/controller.  The QUARTs on MPU board provide the interface between the CPU and the Netplex bus devices.  If one is bad then the CPU would not be able to communicate with them. 

If your inspection doesn't reveal anything obvious with the touchscreen/wiring you may want to try a different MPU board next.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
What size is your monitor? I have a couple monitors here that are 17". I think they have good touch screens. I had to replace the touch screen on a 17" CRT a couple month bad because is was dead. I like to use a razor knife to remove the touch screen. Cut against the monitor where the mounting tape is. Usually in the 2 pieces per side, about 2-3" in from the corners. I have heard of someone using dental floss to cut the mounting. Its easy to crack the touch screen if you force it.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 09:06:31 PM »
Thanks again Tilt, I'll keep you posted.

Amechanic.  The LCD screen itself seems to be perfect, it's the touch portion thats failing, I think.

That said, this is clearly a hack-in job by someone who wasn't totally familiar with what they were doing.

I just traced every single wire/pin out of the backplane to see where it was on their seemingly home-made centronics cable and it's all over the place.  During the investigation, I did notice that one wire is actually disconnected, but not sure which one at the moment (not in front of my notepad).

I have another monitor, with a touchscreen on it, so I'm going to try to wire that one in.  I just figured out which pins were RGB, HSync and VSync off the cable , and which pins are what for the touchscreen J100 interface, so now it's just a matter of rigging it up to see if it too fails.  If so, I'll move onto the MPU as Tilt has suggested.

I also just noticed that the top two fuses are missing from the PSU distribution unit box.  I only have one fuse in the bottom.  Is that normal?  Of course, the caps to hold the fuses in are gone too, so I'll need to find those.  I believe the two that are missing are a .125 (top most) and a 2A (middle).

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
Ok my mistake. I didn't realize this was an LCD monitor.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »
OK, latest questions.

I've toned out each pin in the homemade centronics (extension) cable.  I've found RGB, HSync, VSync and a few grounds, plus the netplex connector rx and tx as well as 13V power.

So, i broke the RGB HSync and VSync to a standard SVGA cable/pinout, along with grounds at pin 5 and 10 for Hync Ground and VSync Ground... however, when I power it up, now, the monitor does get power, but shows "no signal input".  Any thoughts?  Am I missing other required PINs for just a standard VGA monitor to test?

Also, [size=0px]I also just noticed that the top two fuses are missing from the PSU distribution unit box.  I only have one fuse in the bottom.  Is that normal?  Of course, the caps to hold the fuses in are gone too, so I'll need to find those.  I believe the two that are missing are a .125 (top most) and a 2A (middle).[/size][/size]

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »
All you should need is the RGB signals, the Horz and Vertical Sync signals, and signal grounds.  Does your monitor have more than one input?  Some monitors will scan and auto select the active input, others you have to select it usually with a button or menu setting. 

The 1/8A fuse is for the comm distribution board, not needed for home use.

The 2A fuse provided power to the CRT display through the beau plug on the monitor shelf.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 02:09:34 PM »
Awesome, thanks Titl!  So that means I've got the wiring correct.  Could be a bad monitor, definitely.  And thanks for the fuse answers to!  Saving me from running down more things to test.

Offline mateo107

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
So I've almost got this machine working!!!

I had to back-trace every single friggin' wire in the thing, but I'm very close.  I have all the pins marked/labeled now and I have a secondary touch-screen monitor hooked up to test.

However, I have one cable/PIN from the 3M touchscreen control that doesnt have a place.  It's a brown wire and the manual for the controller says this:
8 Brown Cable shield/drain wire Connects to the flex tail shield, which must not be grounded because the controller drives the flex tail shield with an AC waveform.

Anyone have any ideas what that means or where I can connect it?

Here's the full link to the manual if anyone needs it.  It's on page 11: http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/367149O/ex-ii-serial-controllers-reference-guide-1710-1720-1750-7720.pdf

[/size][size=78%] [/size]

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »
Glad to hear you've made some progress. 

Here's a few pictures of one of my LCD monitors (Kortek).  It has the newer style touchscreen controller so I'm not sure how much help it will be.  It has a female DB-9 connector on the board, but as you can see it's not used, the flex cable goes into a beige cable that attaches to a line connector pins on the board next to the DB-9.

If you need any more pictures let me know.  Hope you're able to get it working!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal