New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 891-1  (Read 11130 times)

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
891-1
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
Went looking for a 742 and came home with a 891-1.   Needs a cleaning a some adustments.  Parts complete.    1st on list though is good reel snap.  Pull handle down and its like it needs a little more travel to start reels spinning.   So I guess I will be starting on right side of reel mech.  Also need to learn how credit meter works.  Has both hopper and credit meter.

Jim

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 891-1
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
Jim... I would clean the air cylinder first before making too many adjustments.. I have had them so dirty that the cylinder had a hard time making a full travel..  Next check the roll pin on the back shaft crank linkage.. Far lower back right side.. I have a 4 reel E Series that the hole in the shaft is worn egg shaped causing that machine to not want to crank every once in a while.. I'm thinking of drilling it out over size and going to the next larger size roll pin available..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:59:38 PM »
Thanks Gary, pulled cylinder after reading your post.  Yep, it was a mess.  Machine sat for "years".   

What I am waiting to test is credit system.  If I turn lower key 180 degrees, bottom right reel glass lights up saying "push button to play credits".  I just need to find out how to accumulate credits. 

Thanks Gary.   

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »
I think what that means is that you get paid in credits instead of coins. Setup a jackpot on the machine and see it if gives you credits instead of coins.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:20 PM »
Well got reels spinning.   Few bugs nothing terrible.  Short pays on multi coins.  Hopper not reseting fully for paying more than one coin. I like the x's units better than follower. 7's the hopper runs hopper empty if I let it.  Going to clean and check spring tension. 

I had the upper switch "on", which i believe runs meter down.  I am guessing right now thats why it paid from hopper no matter what position bottom switch was in. 

Tomorrow I'll play some more.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:11:52 AM by jimliner »

Offline Denmark

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Denmark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 12:20:32 AM »
Shortpaying and hopper runs dry problems are probably both on the payout disc - clean it to make it reset and chek that it can step the jackpot manually 

Happy hunting ;)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 01:46:32 AM »
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7OIdMyIjQuMYXZSTFBjR216djQ

Jim take this to someone that can print blueprints get it laminated so you can draw on it and it should help with the credit meter and understanding that circuit

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:56 AM »
Thanks Denmark.  I will give the hopper payout disc a careful cleaning.   

Jon,  Thank you very much for the PDF.  I really appreciate it.   It should be a huge help.   Probably to take file to Kinko's, they have large printers I saw when having normal copies made.  Thanks Jon. 

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 08:07:48 PM »
Holy crap.   Talk about making things complicated.  I am not a fan of the odds follower and cam motors.  Crazy schematic.  The x units are a breeze compared to this system.   I understand that on multiple coin pays, it pays one coins worth then resets hopper and pays the next coin played worth but trying to follow on schematic is going to take awhile.   
  Cleaned contacts on paydisk and added tension to spring so it resets to zero before paying next coin.  Got a little work to do on jackpot pays.   
   Still looking into credit system. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:18:36 AM by jimliner »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 04:05:37 AM »
Now you know why I said to laminate it use a grease pencil to trace the circuits it is one complicated machine I have 10 different color grease pencils to trace circuits on some machines

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
I am a fan of the credit meter since restoring my bingo machine which is basiclay a continental
the switch at the bottom switches between cash and credit play the key in the center has to be in the right position its used to run down the credit meter you can tell if its in the wrong position as the score motor runs constantly
you should be able to play with coins when in the credit position, the coins are diverted from the hopper but all wins register to the meter or if you have credits you can turn the bottom switch to cash play and then use the credits left on the meter then any wins will be payed in cash I was surprised by how fast you can play the machine when using the button just hold it in and it soon racks up 6 coins
deepest apologies was recalling from memory no there is only 1 coil
in cash it works as an ordinary hopper where the coin under the arm drives the payout
(I`m guessing a bit here cause I cant remember)in credit mode the hopper motor is switched out and the coil is then controlled by the score motor and odds disc its easier to see on a larger payout the payout counter on the hopper starts to count but is reset by the score motor and starts again what I have not quite understood is the relationship when you have a x1 pay you will get 12 pulses from the score motor x2 is 6 pulses and x6 is 2 pulses because I`m not sure what all the pulses are doing I did make some notes but they don't make sense to me now (bit like this post of mine)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:37:04 AM by mark the spark »

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »
Mark could you send a pic of the two solenoids behind pay board.  when you say payboard are you talking payout disc on hopper OR below credit meter behind the top board behind the top awards glass? 

When I turn the bottom key to play or accumulate credits, if i hit a winner the hopper doesnt turn on (which is what i expect)  the solenoid on hopper behind payout disc does count up moving wiper fingers.  Multiple coin winner it resets and pays (counts) for each coin played.   But the credit meter doesnt advance stays at zero on meter.  Hoping just dirty connector in that circuit.   

Thanks. 

Jim
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:28:44 PM by jimliner »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »
Jim,  is that one coil good? That paper wrap looks black like its been hot..

Gary
And remember...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »
Hi Gary,

I think its oil or grease that dripped down from above.   Currently it works the reset levers to zero wipers.  I will wipe off next time I open it up.

Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »
Bottom key - banks of switches.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
That's a lot of switches....
And remember...

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 08:38:38 AM »
jim have edited my last post

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
Cheers Mark.   Thanks. I was a bit worried it might be missing something.   I will probably have a few more question in the coming weeks. 
Thanks,
Jim

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Jim... I would clean the air cylinder first before making too many adjustments.. I have had them so dirty that the cylinder had a hard time making a full travel..  Next check the roll pin on the back shaft crank linkage.. Far lower back right side.. I have a 4 reel E Series that the hole in the shaft is worn egg shaped causing that machine to not want to crank every once in a while.. I'm thinking of drilling it out over size and going to the next larger size roll pin available..

Gary
Wich one is the "air cylinder"? Pics?

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 07:44:10 PM »
Right side of reel mech.  Typically tan/brown tube cylinder mounted horizontal about 6 inches long.  I'll post pic next I have reel mech out. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal