New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Owner IGT S Plus Leap Frog Can't Get Past Error 61-1  (Read 6315 times)

Offline ka818

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ka818 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New Owner IGT S Plus Leap Frog Can't Get Past Error 61-1
« on: January 06, 2017, 11:13:57 AM »
I recently got a IGT S Plus Leap Frog with a SP1271 chip in it. I originally had a error 12, so I replaced the battery. Turned on and got error 61. Opened door and pushed the white button and got 61-1. Closed door and turned key and nothing happened. I read on here I need a clear chip. I cleared per instructions and got the 61 error again. Pushed white button, got 61-1. Closed door and turned key and nothing happened. Read somewhere it could be door optics, so I replaced those. Same outcome. I can't get error 61 to clear no matter what I do. Your help is greatly appreciated.  :EmoticonHelp4:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:47:27 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: New Owner IGT S Plus Leap Frog Can't Get Past Error 61-1
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »

Are you sure all the doors are closed like the bill acceptor door ?
Is it a upright or slant top machine

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:01:55 PM »
Also check to make sure the reset switch has the wires hooked up to it. If it's not, turning the key will do nothing.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »

Are you sure all the doors are closed like the bill acceptor door ?
Is it a upright or slant top machine

The bill acceptor door has no switch or wires to it. It is a upright. The reset switch has wires hooked up to it.

Offline slots4home

• slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »
Their are 2 green wires that go to the bill door look behind the bill acceptor and see that they are hooked together

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
Their are 2 green wires that go to the bill door look behind the bill acceptor and see that they are hooked together

The green wires behind the acceptor are connected.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:06 PM »
Are you sure the door optics are aligned and that you didn't get them reversed when you changed them? The cabinet and door optics are different. Also in the original post you said you can't get by the 61 error. Is the 61-1 going back to 61 or staying at 61-1? When you turn the key does the display do anything or nothing happens at all?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
Not sure if the optics are aligned. How can I check? I did not reverse them when changed. When I turn the key the display does nothing at all. It stays on 61-1 until I power off and back on. Then it goes back to 61.

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 09:29:37 PM »
Their is a chip on the motherboard that goes bad and you cannot clear the machine until you replace that chip or replace the motherboard
You might be at that point

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 11:44:04 PM »
Sounds to me like the machine isn't seeing the door as closed. Are you sure that the replacement optics are good?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 06:57:29 AM »
A good way to check alignment is with masking tape. Put a piece on the cabinet and make a pencil mark at the point of the optic. With the door open and the latch down, put tape on and mark it on the door. Close the door and latch it and see if the marks line up. If they are out of alignment, the machine will "think" the door is always open. With the door signaling open, the machine will not progress through to let you clear the 61-1 error. As Slots4Home says, it could be a board but let's make sure all the easy things are correct first. A board is easy to change, if you have a spare. But optics are easy to adjust too.

Dave

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
As suggested I check alignment and it was perfect. I saw somewhere else that with a jumper wire you can bypass the optics and complete the circuit. I did this and got the same results. Am I correct in assuming it's something on the motherboard? This is my first slot so I have no spare parts.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »
Do you have a friend with an S+ you might be able to borrow one from?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
I saw somewhere else that with a jumper wire you can bypass the optics and complete the circuit. I did this and got the same results.

There are SP chips that will not allow you to get past a 61 error with the optics bypassed. As such, I never suggest doing that, and generally I'm not a fan of doing so. My point is that bypassing the optics and still not being able to clear the 61 error doesn't necessarily prove that the optics aren't the problem.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 04:33:52 PM »
Yes, DO NOT, bypass the optics.
There is a EEPROM on the backplane board number 24C04 that has a limited amount of read / write cycles (100k) and it gets stuck. After 30 years they get to the end of their life and need to be replaced or you get stuck in a 61 loop.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 07:24:46 PM »
There is a EEPROM on the backplane board number 24C04 that has a limited amount of read / write cycles (100k) and it gets stuck. After 30 years they get to the end of their life and need to be replaced or you get stuck in a 61 loop.

He's not stuck in a 61 loop, and as such I don't suspect the EEPROM (yet).  He just can't get the 61-1 to clear when he turns the jackpot reset key (it just sits there at 61-1 -- it's not switching back to 61 in the classic "loop"), which says to me that either the jackpot reset keyswitch isn't getting the signal to the motherboard that the switch is being turned (not very likely), or the machine is not seeing the door as closed (very likely).  I'd still suspect the optics.

Inspect the optic on the inside of the door that swings open to ensure that there are no obvious broken wires.  If you have a digital camera or a cell phone, with the machine's power on, you should be able to see a small purplish glow from the emitter (the one with the black and red wires going to it, located on the part of the door that swings open) on the screen of the camera/cell phone when you hold the camera in front of it.  You can barely make out that purple glow in the following pictures:

If you do not see a glow, it is likely that the emitter on your door optic is not working.  The 61 error will not clear unless the machine sees the door as closed, and it will not see the door as closed if your optics are broken.

If you do see a glow, it's possible that the receiver is broken (unlikely, but possible), or that your optics aren't aligning properly when the door is closed and latched.  Also, and this probably should have been mentioned earlier, when you're closing and latching the door, ensure that the latch is moving all the way down -- if it isn't all the way down, the optics won't be aligned, and the machine will think the door is open.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:56 PM »
The door displays should blink off then back on if the door closed is seen.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 12:30:38 AM »
The door displays should blink off then back on if the door closed is seen.

When trying to clear a 61-1?  It's been a while, but I don't remember that.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure but I have some boards to fix Monday and will check.

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:57 AM »
It just as knagl suspected. I was able to see the purple glow so I knew the optics worked. They were not lined up even though I had made pencil marks on the door and cabinet and it looked like it was perfect. I was able to get past the 61-1 error. Now I have a flashing 3 on the coins played display. It is not accepting coins. Top candle is solid.

He's not stuck in a 61 loop, and as such I don't suspect the EEPROM (yet).  He just can't get the 61-1 to clear when he turns the jackpot reset key (it just sits there at 61-1 -- it's not switching back to 61 in the classic "loop"), which says to me that either the jackpot reset keyswitch isn't getting the signal to the motherboard that the switch is being turned (not very likely), or the machine is not seeing the door as closed (very likely).  I'd still suspect the optics.

Inspect the optic on the inside of the door that swings open to ensure that there are no obvious broken wires.  If you have a digital camera or a cell phone, with the machine's power on, you should be able to see a small purplish glow from the emitter (the one with the black and red wires going to it, located on the part of the door that swings open) on the screen of the camera/cell phone when you hold the camera in front of it.  You can barely make out that purple glow in the following pictures:

If you do not see a glow, it is likely that the emitter on your door optic is not working.  The 61 error will not clear unless the machine sees the door as closed, and it will not see the door as closed if your optics are broken.

If you do see a glow, it's possible that the receiver is broken (unlikely, but possible), or that your optics aren't aligning properly when the door is closed and latched.  Also, and this probably should have been mentioned earlier, when you're closing and latching the door, ensure that the latch is moving all the way down -- if it isn't all the way down, the optics won't be aligned, and the machine will think the door is open.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:39:44 AM by ka818 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal