New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Vision S2000 fixing a Parts machine - Ms. Little Green Men  (Read 3252 times)

Offline chgames

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chgames New User has no influence.
  • NLG

We purchased six IGT slots with various problems, got five fixed, and sold the five slots that were working.

Now I'm repairing the 'parts machine' where all the questionable parts from the other repairs were put.

The problem:

Top display "There is a problem with the machine - Please call attendant"
Dot matrix display: "CALL ATTENDANT - RESTART - CLOSURE M - Coin-In Jam"

(After rebooting the CALL ATTENDANT doesn't show, then it says "RESTART - CLOSURE M - Coin-In Jam")

At this point, turning the Reset key on the side of the machine gets me to the Attendant menu and if I reboot and press the operators button it takes me to the Operators menu as expected.

Then...

No buttons respond.

CHANGE doesn't move up, CASH OUT doesn't move down, SPIN REELS doesn't enter a test or menu, and BET MAX doesn't exit.

So I've got a keyboard problem.

What have I done so far?

Well, a lot of things.

This machine had broken button housings, so I bought all new buttons with new switches and LED bulbs.

None of the light bulbs were lighting in the previous buttons, and the wires for the switches had been dangling and touching the metal frame, and the buttons had no response, so I bought an IO board off Ebay.  "Guaranteed working".

So I've got new switches and IO board.

The good news is that while the previous IO board didnt light the bulbs, the new IO board lights up all the buttons nicely.  Still no response from any button press though...

I don't know where to go from here other than a replacement main board.

Other things:

While getting the other machines working I seem to remember having trouble with this main board.  Swapping this board with another got my other machine working and the questionable board is what I've got right now.

I may have other issues.  I swapped a lot of parts, and all the questionable stuff is now in this machine.

I swapped:

Main board (original had extensive acid damage, this board I bought 'working' has very slight acid damage)
Removed Green Varta Battery on Main Board
Replaced Coin battery on Main Board (Current battery reads 3.3V)
All the buttons/switches on the front of the machine
Coin Hopper (I think I've got it fixed)
Coin comparator (cracked solder joint on plug... ?fixed?)

This machine is a IGT Vision S2000 Ms. Little Green Men 3-reel
Single Denomination (25 cents) - Coin in, Coin out.  No ticket.
Main board is a 75510502
U21 - Stepper Base - SB000421
U19 - Stepper GME 1 - SG000123
U21 - Stepper GME 2 - SG000123
U44 - Version Chip - VS009GX0

Another note, this machine has a SEE PAYS HELP button and a BET ONE CREDIT button on the front door as well as the standard CHANGE, CASH OUT, SPIN REELS, and BET MAX.  None of these buttons respond.

I used a CLEAR 97 and a KEY 31 to reset the main board, and when it came up with the Coin-in error (as well as not responding to the buttons), I wondered if the KEY 31 wasn't for multi-denomination machines, so I reset the machine again with a CLEAR 97 and a KEY 17 chip... same thing, the dot matrix says: "RESTART - CLOSURE M - Coin-In Jam", and when I go to an attendant or operators menu none of the buttons work.

So... Do you think I need a main board?
Do you know which reset chip(s) I should use for this machine?
Is there a chart of which CLEAR and KEY chips you use with different machines?
Any other suggestions?

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Vision S2000 fixing a Parts machine - Ms. Little Green Men
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
I would change the mpu first. Also SG chips may be wrong. You may need SG248 chips. VS chip is ok. You won't know what clear/ key chips you need until you tell us what type of mpu is in the slot  it's either a 502/504 or an enhanced mpu. Please post a picture of your mpu

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
Previous post he said it is a 502 so clear 97 and key 17 should work. There should be two I/O boards on the door I would suspect the other one is also bad since most of the wires were hanging loose before you changed the button deck.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline chgames

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chgames New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response!

Yeah, it's a 502 MPU, so I think the KEY 17 chip is what I need.  It LOOKS like it's working, I just can't get into the menu!

I'm not too familiar with these slots, but I think I read somewhere that the Stepper Game SG123 chips that are in the machine are correct for the 3-reel version that I have.  How can I find out if the SG248 chips are for the 3 reel or the 5 reel?

There ARE two IO boards, but it's funny.  The one I changed is in the door, behind the belly glass and kind of a pain to get to.  It has every single button wire going to the long connector on the bottom.  In the handle of the IO board there is a 14 pin plug with wires that go to the MPU backplane board.  The other IO board is mounted on the side of the MPU case, right above the hopper.  It has nothing plugged into the 14-pin connector in the handle, and the bottom connector is short with all it's wires connecting to the MPU backplane board.

I suspect that the hanging button wires touching the metal frame blew up the original IO board and that is why it wouldn't light up the buttons anymore.  I was careful to fix all the loose wiring before I plugged in the replacement IO board.  If you guys think I need another IO board I'll get one ordered.

At this point I'm thinking that I need to order another 502 MPU board.

Thanks again for your rapid response!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »
Are you sure the buttons are seated properly. Can you confirm when you press a button the micro switch is being depressed also.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »
I have run Ms Little Green  Men 3 reel and I was using SG248.  Use must use a VS ----09 chip with the SG248.  The PSR for the SG248 eprom lists both 3 and 5 reel for this game.  I can't find the PSR for your SG123 so I am not sure on it.  It may work.  There are a number of people on here who have worked a lot with vision machines.  Change over to an SG248 to see what happens.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 03:06:23 PM »
Us vision guy's love the 248's and 380's. I changed them in all my visions. 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal