New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 4th of July upright slot machine  (Read 10231 times)

Offline txplayer05

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • txplayer05 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT 4th of July upright slot machine
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
Can someone please tell me how to disable the hopper so it gives me credits instead and how to raise the volume on this machine? Thank you

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
Re: IGT 4th of July upright slot machine
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
I'm sorry it is an s+slot. Can you please send me instructions on how to get into the menu and raise the volume and disable the hopper so instead of spitting out coins it can just add credits. Thank you

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:42:04 AM »
I'm sorry it is an s+slot. Can you please send me instructions on how to get into the menu and raise the volume and disable the hopper so instead of spitting out coins it can just add credits. Thank you

How to adjust the settings, options, preferences on an S+ slot with the older 10 mhz mpu board was recently discussed here (click below), includes how to put wins to credits instead of immediate hopper payout and there is info on adjusting the sound level with the blue-colored volume control located on top of the mpu board. If your machine has the newer 16mhz mpu (main logic board) it won't have the volume adjust knob, the sound settings are done in the menu system, see the "sticky notes" for how-to information.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11846.msg64382#msg64382

The S+ model has been around for many years, so a lot of these type common questions that slot owners have has been covered in the past, you can easily search thru the discussion threads and read all about it. And at the top of the IGT S+ board/forum are a lot of "sticky notes" containing FAQ's and How-To-Guides with info about your slot, check them out, lots of good information:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:59:03 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:08:35 AM »
I've been searching on how to disable the hopper so it works on credits only but seems that I need the ear and program chips to do it. I couldn't find any other information on the topic. I seems to have found the solution to the volume issue. Hopefully you can point me again in the right direction. Thanks and sorry for all the trouble.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
I've been searching on how to disable the hopper so it works on credits only but seems that I need the ear and program chips to do it. I couldn't find any other information on the topic. I seems to have found the solution to the volume issue. Hopefully you can point me again in the right direction. Thanks and sorry for all the trouble.

It's not a lot of trouble, don't worry about that, this is what NLG is all about. I just wanted you to know where there is a lot of info about your machine, that way you can read over it and find out lots of things about your machine. That will make your ownership of it easier and more enjoyable. Several of the experienced people here have taken their time to write the How-To and FAQ's so that many of the common questions can be answered all at once. That way they can spend their time on the more difficult and unusual problems that come up. But if someone has a question they can't find an answer to then by all means ask away.

The CLEAR chip shouldn't be used unless really needed, because when you use it you then have to use the SET chip to reset all the options and preference settings to the way they were, which is a big pain for new users. If you have a stubborn error that you can't get rid of, or if nothing else fixes the problem, then the CLEAR chip will often take care of it. So before using the CLEAR and SET chips you should try other things to solve the problem.

See this about use of the CLEAR chip:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=516.0

To get the best help you need to tell us what type of mpu board you have (10mhz or 16mhz) and the SP number on your SP chip installed on the mpu, since a lot of the instructions and procedures are different depending on that. If you aren't sure just post a photo of your mpu. You said you solved the sound problem, does your mpu board have the sound volume control or did you fix the problem in the menu system? Here is a photo of an example IGT S+, your mpu board is in the lower area near the hopper, the area circled in red. The mpu is inside a metal enclosure tray, often has a black knob on the outside. The mpu may be on the back wall or over on the left wall, it stands up vertically. Sometimes you need to remove the hopper to get the mpu removed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:50:29 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 11:39:19 AM »
I took the board out to take a picture of it and when I put it back it now has a number 12 on winner paid that won't go away.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 11:46:23 AM »
I think error 12 relates to battery voltage. Do you know if the battery on the mpu is good? Whenever you get a machine that is new to you the battery should always be checked and looked over to see if there is any leakage, that leakage can damage a board badly. If the battery is below 3 volts or so you will need to replace it.

Here is a list of common S+ error codes:
http://www.ohiogaming.com/igterrorcodestroubleshooting.htm

Thanks for posting the photo of your mpu board. Your Game Prom is SP872. That is a number you will want to remember or write down, as it controls what options and settings you have available in your machine. Also, your mpu is the 10mhz version, you can see the blue volume control near one edge. The newer 16mhz mpu boards don't have that blue volume control.

The label on the Reel Prom is faint and a little hard to read. I think it says SS4169. If so here is some information about your game:
http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%204th%20Of%20July%20(2%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

Does your game have the "nudge" feature where on certain spins after the reels stop the rocket symbol on the reel will move up or down to make a winning spin attempt? Supposed to be an exciting feature to have.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:06:47 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »
Awesome thanks for the info. Can you tell me or send me the programming directions to disable the hopper? Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
Because your machine has SP872 I don't have the setup document for that, sorry. Someone else here will surely have it though, so stand by. It's a holiday so may take a little longer. But what you are wanting to do is probably common to all SP's so if you read thru the FAQ's above it is probably covered in one of them.

Have you found the little white pushbutton inside you machine? That is the Test/Diagnostic/Settings button. You use it to step thru the various settings and then press other buttons on the machine to make changes. The menu steps have numbers, so a guidesheet is handy to have. The white test button is usually over on the left side of lower area, sometimes near some wiring cable connectors and toward the front. Look around and you should be able to see it.

Can you post a photo of the outside of your machine showing the entire front? Also, do you have a meter to check the mpu battery?

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »
I found the white test dish button it's located right under the power.on and off button...i will remove and replace the existing battery this week and then hopefully by then I can have someone help me get those instructions on how to disable the hopper. Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
Sounds good, I didn't see any battery leakage on your board photo but when you are replacing the battery check it carefully. That stuff is corrosive. If any is found it can be removed with a little vinegar and water, then rinse well and dry before applying power.

The setting you want to change is to have the winning spin amounts go to credits instead of having them paid immediately from the hopper. So it isn't exactly disabling the hopper, more like enabling credit play. I think that is how IGT refers to it but we'll see what some of the S+ experts have to say on how to do it.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 12:54:34 PM »
If you set the Hopper Limit to 0 with that SP (SP872) then you will not be able to Insert any Bills, you need to get a newer SP (SP1271 for example) so you can have split Credit/Hopper pay.. There are many SP's that offer this, you need to get into the 1xxx series though.

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »
So what is an sp?? Is it a chip?? If so where or how do I get one?? So if its a chip I just replace the existing sb chip right?? Do I still need to change any machine settings?? If so can someone help me out with instructions?? Thanks.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
So what is an sp?? Is it a chip?? If so where or how do I get one?? So if its a chip I just replace the existing sb chip right?? Do I still need to change any machine settings?? If so can someone help me out with instructions?? Thanks.

The SP chip is the "GAME PROM" EPROM on your MPU board.  I've highlighted it on the picture you provided earlier:

To be clear, "SB" chips (as you mentioned in your last post) belong to S2000 machines.  You have an S+ machine.  Not sure if that was just a typo, but I wanted to point out the distinction just in case.

As Jim (Blueridge) stated in Reply #12, your current SP chip will not allow you to disable the hopper completely.  You will need to purchase a newer (higher number) SP chip for your game.  The SP1271 chip that Jim suggested is a good one, as it will give you individual control of the hopper and credit limits, allowing you to disable the hopper.

Yes, you will need to change settings in the machine once you install the new chip.  We know you need instructions on how to do that.  Since the directions vary slightly depending on what SP chip you actually get, the best course of action right now is for you to purchase a new SP chip, let us know which number you get, and then we can give you specific instructions.  You will need an SP chip for a 10mhz board that supports "Type 5" games.  A list of known SP chips can be found here

If you have not yet purchased a replacement battery for your MPU board, you could likely purchase that from the same vendor, too.

If your machine has a dollar bill validator, you will likely also need a SET chip to reactivate it after changing the battery and/or the SP chip.  It's generally a good idea to have a RAM CLEAR chip on hand, too, just in case it's ever needed.  Most vendors sell the SET and CLEAR chips together as a set for a reasonable price.

To recap, you'll want to get the following:

- A replacement battery for your S+ MPU board
- A newer SP chip for a 10mhz board that supports Type 5 games (SP1271 suggested)
- A S+ dollar bill validator SET chip
- A S+ RAM CLEAR chip

You can try contacting any of the vendors on the front page of the NewLifeGames.com website (including Jim from Blueridge, who replied above), or you can post a WTB ("Want To Buy") ad in the members' request section (since your account does not have access to post in the classifieds section), and your request will be moved to the classifieds section.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
After installing the new battery my machine is showing a 61 error code. Anyone know what that means?

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »
I finally got the battery issue resolved but now my bill validator doesn't want to work.

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 07:34:33 PM »
And another problem I'm having is that the insert coin is not lit up but there is a 0 on coins playedand no other lights. Hopefully someone out here can help me with this problem. Thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:44 PM »
After installing the new battery my machine is showing a 61 error code. Anyone know what that means?

Yes, that's covered in the sticky post here in the S+ section which has a link to the common IGT S+ error codes and their resolutions:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3005.0

I finally got the battery issue resolved but now my bill validator doesn't want to work.

As I mentioned in Reply #13 above:

If your machine has a dollar bill validator, you will likely also need a SET chip to reactivate it after changing the battery and/or the SP chip.  It's generally a good idea to have a RAM CLEAR chip on hand, too, just in case it's ever needed.  Most vendors sell the SET and CLEAR chips together as a set for a reasonable price.

And another problem I'm having is that the insert coin is not lit up but there is a 0 on coins playedand no other lights. Hopefully someone out here can help me with this problem. Thanks

Has the machine previously worked with coins?  Are you sure that the Insert Coins lamp is good (ie. not burnt out)?  When you open, then close and latch the door, does the Coins Played display go blank for a second before returning to "0", or does it just stay lit the entire time?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline txplayer05

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »
The chips are.on their way a I need is the instructions on how to program the machine using the chips. Can someone point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 08:43:59 AM »
The chips are.on their way a I need is the instructions on how to program the machine using the chips. Can someone point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Have you read the sticky notes at the top of this forum? Some of your questions can be answered there. And there may be instructions that come with the chips.

Click here and read thru the threads labeled "FAQ's" and "How-To Guides" while waiting for the chips to arrive:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal