New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ coin comparitor and coin optics only working when door is open  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Rado

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rado New User has no influence.
  • NLG
So i got this  IGT S+ Double Cherry Bar (no bill validator) $1 Tokens or Coins ( the area to put coins in is huge).

Short Version: I replaced the non-working coin optic ($1) with a tested and working coin optic that came from a 25c machine.
I went ahead and used the 25c guide as well with the coin optic. The dollor and 25c is the same but backwards meaning every thing is facing the oposite.

When i put coins in with door closed it goes straight to hopper (any coin 5,10,25,) i have a $1 coin in my coin comp. and those go to hopper as well. No Credits are given no matter what coin is used.

When the door is open "all" coins go to the tray.

When door is open i can push my white button and it will give only 1 credit (my machine is a bet two credits).

With door open i can put white papper in coin optic area and it will give me 1 credit just like the button.

I have no codes showing....

Does the coin comp. tell the coin optic to do it's job ?

Any ideas are better than none at this point.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ coin comparitor and coin optics only working when door is open
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »
Wrong button, push the tiny white button on coin optics board twice (lower left corner), should ding twice then hit spin.

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:51:29 PM »
Yes, that is the button i was pressing. It only dings once and i can pull lever or hit spin button and it spins and will give credits on board if win.
So it seems to be working in open door test.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:54:35 PM »
do you know what ss chip is in machine?  It should ding twice.

(press the other white button 10 times should alternate between two 4 digit numbers.)

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »
SS4663

im having trouble with posting pics

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »
Yep 2 coin 95% chip.  That button should let you rack up 2 credits.  There is a way to test all 3 coin optic sensors.  There is a link somewhere here with instructions.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
found it.  You may have blocked a sensor.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14723.0

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »
Ok, so i just did the test and the 10-1 does not change to a 10-0 but the other two seem to work just fine. I will clean optic and hope for the best.

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »
Ok, so after cleaning the coin optics (water and Q-tip) the 10-1 still does not change. I'm guessing they sent me a non-working coin optic but just to be sure i am going to put it into my other working machine just to clarify befor posting any comments to the vendor.

I'm guessing my coin comp. is not working either.

However, after pulling the mother board out and put back in it seems that i can hit the coin optic button and get two credits, maby i am a goof and just went by sound (second credit did not make any noise).

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
Well they sent me a bad optic sensor. Put it in my 5x pay and just ran test, still no movement on 10-1 (A) but B and C did

Thanx for the extra push to get this far. You guys are awsome.

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 04:08:03 PM »
So i got my optic sensor in mail today but its not the same part number and i dont want to install untill i get a little feed back.
The part they sent is 75305101 my part number is 75306600. 

Please let me know if this is a bad idea to install, my IGT S+ / x5 pay and my IGT S+ double cherry bar are same part number for the coin optic.

Online Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
Un plug the door optic emitter and use a meter to see if there is any voltage coming out of it, AC or DC.
Your 7VAC fuse could be open or the white power connector on the back plane may have a burnt or collapsed pin.
You may not be getting +Vb.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 02:18:09 AM »
FWIW, on one of my S+ machines the coin-in optic test does not change for "A", but "B" and "C" do, and it accepts coins just fine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 07:41:40 AM »
on your original board, remove Q-2 or Q-4,   that will solve your problem.  see attached picture, some boards the transistor is marked Q-2, the later boards it is marked Q-4.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Rado

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
What should i do about the parts i purchased. The lady imeadiatly  blamed me after telling her the first one she sent did not work.
She sent me another but its wrong part numbers and after her little tantrum im just not sure how to handle it other than return.

As for Q4 or Q2 i will give this a try (since optic doesn't work might as well try this Q removal)

I put each of the coin optics in my working machine (no luck and same exact thing) no movement on 10-1 (A optic).

Thanx a bunch guys i will give update as soon as i have a chance.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal