New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 61-1 Error won't clear  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
61-1 Error won't clear
« on: January 03, 2015, 04:35:18 PM »
Hey there, I have an IGT S+ machine here that the 61-1 error will not clear. When I turn on the machine the 61 error pops up, then I hold the white test button and it changes to 61-1. I then close the door and turn the reset key and nothing happens. I have narrowed down the issue, I tried changing door optics as well as the reset switch, right down to the boards themselves. I've found the issue to be the motherboard, the base board in the machine that the main board plugs into. I switched that out with a known working one and I can reset the code and play the game. I find it weird that it will get that far tho but won't clear to play, most problem boards I have come aross won't even give you an error code when they fire up. Any ideas what could be wrong with it, or any parts I could change out on the board to make it work? Also I haven't had much luck finding this part online, is it still avaliable to buy?

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: 61-1 Error won't clear
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:51 PM »
61-1[/t][/t]  Game Data Reset  Close door - turn and release reset key once

If that won't clear it, You may have a bad chip

If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »
The little 8 pin eprom is the usual failed part on the motherboard. 27c24 I think, but not sure without looking.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »
Ok, it's definately that board causing the issues. Is there anyway to check the chip? I have a few other boards here that weren't working, maybe one of them has a good chip that I could swap out, most likely not but worth a shot. Otherwise does anyone know of somewhere that sells that particular board? or maybe a member has one avaliable to sell? Please let me know, thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
I have had this happen before and it is like the 61 loop except nothing goes back to 61. A clear has taken care of it for me. In my mind the clear, clears the motherboard and thus lets it work again. Might have just got lucky also.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
Look at the little chips and verify the number, I think they are $5.00 a dozen. Just solder a socket on first and then plug in chip after removing old one. Fixes 99% of the time when narrowed down to the motherboard. The little chip is the chip being cleared by the ramclear chip, so if it is bad that is why you are stuck in the 61 loop

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »
S+ motherboards are getting harder to come by, partly due to the age, but more so due to the fact the motherboard is a common failure in S+ machines. They are still available for sale though. Try posting a Want to Buy ad in the Classifieds and hopefully someone can help you out.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
Just looked... It is a 24LC16B eprom. If you are good at soldering let me know and I will send you one with a socket for postage.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 07:09:20 PM »
Ok, so should I try using the clear chip then and see if that works?

I'm just looking at my board right now and the little 8 pin chip is a 24C04P 9813E. I'm good at soldering, but would your chip be an equivelant replacement for mine?

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 07:14:02 PM »
No yours is different...

Here is a link to them cheap from a supplier I have used before. (10) for $1.88 and $2.00 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-DIP-8-ATMEL-ATMEL24C04-AT24C04-24C04-DIP8-2-wire-serial-EEPROM-/181288584539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a35a4455b

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 07:25:57 PM »
Awesome, I will order some. Thank you.

Would it be worth while to try the clear chip first and see if that works, or would I be causing more of a problem for myself? I've never had to use my clear chip before :S

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »
Yes, use the clear chip !!!

I thought you did when you said it will not clear !

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »
Ok, i tried the clear chip. No change, still stuck on the 61-1. I will order the replacement chips and hopefully that will fix the issue. Thanks for your help

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 06:05:11 AM »
OOPs I forgot that you used a different mother board to get it to work. Let us know how you make out with repair.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
No yours is different...

Here is a link to them cheap from a supplier I have used before. (10) for $1.88 and $2.00 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-DIP-8-ATMEL-ATMEL24C04-AT24C04-24C04-DIP8-2-wire-serial-EEPROM-/181288584539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a35a4455b

Jameco Electronics still sells those 24C04 EEPROMs and probably cheaper then you would get on EBay.

Also check the 6 pin Molex power plug on the motherboard, I have seen a burnt pin cause this same problem but it is usually the EEPROM.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »
The power plug looks good, it seems to be getting power. I ordered the chips already, was only like $2 I will give that a try and let you know.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal