New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MLD Touchscreen Calibration Issue  (Read 532 times)

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MLD Touchscreen Calibration Issue
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »
From what I've been reading, MLD screens aren't the best as far as accurate calibration of the touchscreen. I'll calibrate it, then upon testing will notice in random places the crosshair will be slightly off from where I touch. Or ill notice as I play it's fine at first, then when I scroll thru pages on Game King screen using 'next' and 'back" it randomly goes out of whack.

Machine is plugged into grounded outlet, I even tested the outlet and tried another one. Tried to connect the little braided ground thing from cabinet door hinge to one of the screws that hold the black circles for cable management below the fans. Tried multiple USB ports for the usb touchscreen cable. I know on my old Game King 6.2 machine if the metal on the machine was pinching the power cord in any way, that would completely throw the touchscreen off - not the case here - got plenty of room out the back for the cable to hang comfortably.

There was another post on here about it being a DT touchscreen or something because when calibrated you have to click 6 spots instead of 2. And there's some way to mod the connection but it's never specified what 3M touchscreen controller to buy and where exactly the wires are to swap inside the monitor.

Roulette is almost unplayable because it seems the area of touchpoints are much smaller than keno for example and sometimes you'll touch a number 10 times and it won't place the chip.

If anyone has more insight, that would be great. Love the monitor, just hate the touchscreen sometimes. And the issues are in random spots, I have a megatouch with a 100% dead spot on the bottom, that's not the case here as the issue is different.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: MLD Touchscreen Calibration Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 01:55:47 PM »
I have a Kortek MLD that's given me fits as well.  It's out of a G23 and it's a KTL220MD-03 3M microtouch controller.  the -03 indicates it's a 3M if you have a -04 then it's a digitouch.  Mine had worked well since I got the machine and then one day it went out of whack.  I tried recalibrating it and got the same results.  It may be a little better at first, but would quickly drift back out.  I finally tore the monitor apart to look everything over.  When I put it back together it worked again, but it didn't last long. 

I found a 3M touchscreen calibration tool on the internet.  I downloaded it and one of my laptops supported the screen resolution of the MLD screen so I used it to clear and re-calibrate it again.  It used a multi-point calibration touching targets every 3 inches or so from the top left all the way to to the bottom right corner.  That didn't help either.  One thing I did notice though was moving the touchscreen cable around where it meets the amber ribbon cable would change the way the touchscreen responded.  I don't know if it's picking up interference or something but it definitely would change it.  So I tore the monitor apart, re-routed the cable some, recalibrated it and it worked again.....for a about a week  :hissyfit: :banghead:.  It really messes you up playing the bottle shoot bonus round on Western Stars!  My touchscreen is only a couple of years old so I'm convinced it's probably the touchscreen controller that's causing the problem, but I haven't been able to locate an exact replacement.

In the meantime I had a spare monitor and I put that in.  It's been working great and actually looks brighter and sharper than my original monitor so I put it on the back burner.  Since I couldn't an exact replacement I bought one that is USB, but attaches directly to the touchscreen ribbon cable instead of mating with the white cable that has the odd connector with two rows of female pins on it.  Since that cable is short it I'll have to mount it on the outside of the monitor and then the USB cable will plug directly into the cabinet controller board instead of the USB port on the bottom of the monitor.  I just haven't gotten around do doing it yet since it's such a pain in the ass replacing the monitor and I have a working setup now.  I'd almost rather get kicked in the balls then have to swap it out again  :24:

Here's a few pics of my existing controller and the one I bought.

Let us know if you figure yours out and if/when I do get around replacing my controller I'll let ya know if it made a lasting difference or not.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal