New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need a start to fix my Bally E-1224 slot  (Read 9248 times)

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
Re: Need a start to fix my Bally E-1224 slot
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »
Here are what cold solder joints on a power supply board look like:

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 02:41:45 AM »
Yup .... mine were not that severe but when I reflowed solder, all my voltages returned. I might need to replace the connectors on the Ram board. Found at least 1 pin broken and jumped it but it didnt get it running. Might need to replace the 5101 chips on it too. Found that Barry F has the connectors for it, but also a local friend might have some.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »
Well ... I have replaced the Ni-Cad battery and the 2 5101 chips on the Ram board. Still just getting the 1 code in the displays. Starting to scratch my head again.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »
Going to check the voltages at the MPU and I/O boards. Does anyone know what happens if the power is on, and either the reel bundle or hopper is removed? I know that Bally says not to do this, but I have no idea what has happened to this machine before I got it. I did get a key when I picked it up, so I know someone somewhere and sometime before I got it, has possibly done this.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
There are a few of the IC's soldered to the MPU that get hot and cause problems, but I don't remember what ones.. Try sending dhellis a PM.. He repairs these boards and can tell you what ones they are. I did have one machine here over the winter that was a headache. It turned out to be that the connectors in the white plug that goes to the MPU were loose and not making a good connection to the header pins. Once I re-pinned that plug that machine ran perfect.. I made a tool out of an old header pin, so I could check each wires connector separately.. I was shocked just how loose over half of the crimp connectors were.. I have a picture of it some where. I'll post it when I find it.. Its made out of an half of a ball point pen, glued the header pin in the tip..

Gary
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:32:40 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »
Great idea ... thanks
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »
That tool works on the hopper plug, as well as the one to the IO.. I want to make one out of the smaller header pins, to be able to check the connector plugs going to the IO board.. Takes all the guess work out of whats good and whats not..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »
I cant express the thanks and gratitude to the members that devote their time to helping others on this site. We are a small bunch compared to other groups, like the big charities in size, but we are part of the few. Maybe that is what draws us all together.
Thanks to NLG for providing a place for us all to meet future friends and get and provide help tothe sme.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal